Amber Aoud (2012)

Year of Launch2012

HouseRoja Dove
PerfumerRoja Dove

About Amber Aoud

Amber Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2012 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Roja Dove

Amber Aoud fragrance notes

Reviews of Amber Aoud

Short and sweet- one of the very best scents I've ever put my nose on. If money were no object, I'd own a bottle. Heck- I might buy a bottle anyway. So good- my favorite amber and compliment city, if that matters to you.
06th May, 2017
A powerhouse of a fragrance, lasted 24 hours on my skin, I can still smell traces after showering. The ambergris is very prominent to me from beginning to end, I don't really get much oud from it. Overall, it is a quality blend that amber fans will fall in love with.
29th April, 2017
Roja's Amber Aoud is smoothe amber. Extremely easy to wear due to the uplifting rose accord and hauntingly mesmerizing from the light persistent oud. As in all Roja Dove scents there are many assistant notes but these are mostly disappearing compliments to each other. There is Ylang, jasmine, cinnamon, sandalwood, a light ethereal oud of anonymous origin. The fragrance is smoothe and amazingly non cloying for an amber scent. I think it's the rose that punctuates the separateness of quality of this exceptional amber fragrance. This is excellence in rose • amber • oud.
30th November, 2016
This is one of the best quality Rose/Aoud combinations that I have ever smelled. It opens with a warm Ambergris and rose, sweetened by the amber and the fig. The Aoud is warm also. This isn't a sterile cold Rose/oud, It is sweet, bright, and warm.
08th August, 2016
Seemingly one of Roja Dove's most consensus celebrated fragrances of late, Amber Aoud is a lovely blend of oud, rose, patchouli, and sandalwood (mainly, to my nose) that again puts Roja in the danger zone of ascribing a name to a fragrance that isn't quite on point, as the amber in this is not one of the most dominant notes to my nose.

Rather, Amber Aoud comes off far more as an offshoot of a rose/oud pairing that we're so accustomed to seeing, but to Roja's credit, this is somewhat of a departure from the usual blend; it's more complex, more intriguing, though I have a difficult time detecting most of the notes in the breakdown apart from the abovementioned few.

It's decidedly unisex, leaning feminine not from the rose but one of the other ingredients, perhaps the saffron or (presumably simulated) civet, though I've heard the latter smells fecal rather than pretty, so I'm left simply guessing, but the smell I get is something along the cosmetics/lipstick smell so often linked to Dior Homme Intense or Chanel Coromandel (or less famously, Tom Ford Arabian Wood).

Performance is very strong, as expected, but for this Roja Dove price, it's difficult to stomach, at $795 for 100ml or $480 for 30ml retail. Still, an interesting try.

7 out of 10
04th April, 2016
If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this came out of the same machine that makes the Clive Christian stuff. It’s your standard ostentatious rose / oud / saffron combo that’s so rich and overstuffed it feels like being force-fed truffles. The only noticeable difference from the slew of other scents in this style is that this one is spun a tad sweeter up top with a slight maltol-esque note, and there’s a slight smokiness tucked away in there as well. Aside from that, there’s nothing that makes this stand out from legions of other Orientalist compositions doing the same thing. Polished and competent, but redundant and blingy; it’s a gaudy aesthetic that would go well with massive gold jewelry and rhinestone-encrusted clothing.
01st July, 2015