Calling All Angels (2012)
by April Aromatics

Calling All Angels information

Year of Launch2012

HouseApril Aromatics

About Calling All Angels

Calling All Angels is a shared / unisex perfume by April Aromatics. The scent was launched in 2012

Reviews of Calling All Angels

April Aromatics Calling All Angels, my first try from the house, is exactly as advertised: a resinous collaboration of benzoin, labdanum, amber, incense, honey, and hordes of other resins that I might have no idea of. Additional sweetness and perhaps sharpness are added via vanilla and tonka, but the main story here is one of resins with slightly woody undertones.

It's sweet but not as sweet as, say, Le Labo Benjoin 19, let alone Amber Absolute, but not remotely as animalic, as Ambre Russe. Calling All Angels leans mostly sweet but ever so slightly animalic as well.

Longevity is extreme but projection is still quite great. Surely this is unisex and better for cold weather, but since it isn't a crazy projector, it might work on summer nights as well. Overall, a great resinous entry but one that suffers from some redundancy with and similarly expensive pricing ($170 for 30ml) to Le Labo Benjoin 19 ($300 for 50ml).

8 out of 10
12th March, 2018
The Calling of Saint Matthew by Caravaggio
03rd October, 2017
Don't know why, but I really dislike this! I've given it a couple of different chances and I don't get any of the smoky oriental stuff. Can't specifically put my finger on the problem notes for me, but kind of wonder if I received the wrong sample/label or something?!?
07th March, 2017
One thing April Aromatics knows is quality. From first sniff, that registered very quickly. Woody and resinous, CAA's smokey aspect is great. A barnfire is a great description of this cooler weather gem. As with all of the April Aromatic fragrances, the price to quantity ratio is the negative part of their fragrances. The amber (which I'm a fan of)and honey accord are bonuses in this one. 8/10
17th November, 2015
This perfume makes me feel like I am sitting on a beach in Mykonos beside a bonfire watching the smoke trail up to the night sky and I am eating a piece of baklava after a church Mass and the smell of incense is still in my clothes.

Wonderful!

26th October, 2015
From the name, I was expecting a nice, sweet gourmandish-like fragrance. Was I ever surprised! This is a huge incense, woods, and amber scent and reminds me somewhat of LADDM. The sillage and longevity are great. I really like it and, did I not already possess a primary and a back-up bottle of LADDM, would buy it now.

UPDATE: This fragrance is definitely a chameleon and undergoes a tremendous change. As mentioned earlier, this reminds me of LADDM. However, the first time I wore at the gym and got really hot, the character changes significantly. It seemed to change from spicy to a little more sweet. It's a different smell and one I can't describe but, I really enjoy it.
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 29th October, 2015)

Add your review of Calling All Angels

Shop for Calling All Angels products online

Member images of Calling All Angels

There are no member images of Calling All Angels yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Calling All Angels