L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu (2014)
by Issey Miyake

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseIssey Miyake
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu

Just bought a 100ml of this for $39.99, because it seemed like a deal. Couldn't recall why I initially wasn't "won over" for this at first sniff +original msrp, lol. Whatever Lacoste Challenge's green note is that gives me a headache wants to do it in this one(usually i'm the one givin' headaches btw). The longevity isn't there(def a summer scent). I don't think I'll moan that much. What comes out does smell good, and was very inexpensive. I just can't do thumbs up because of the longevity, and headachey-aspect.
11th July, 2015
Tmoran Show all reviews
I Have to say this stuff really surprised me. The original I know has a very big following. I tried to like it but something in it just reminded me of citronella candles and not in a good way. YUZU to me is the answer for those who want to like the original but just cant get past that opening WTF note.

Id say a good comparison is Thierry Mugler pure coffee in relation to the original A*Men. Many complain pure coffee is just amen without the tar. Same thing going on here. This is very close to the original Issey. In fact I would say you could easily be mistaken for wearing it. But all the bad has been toned down and all the good amped up.

Now the great news is the original elements that make Leau d'issey so polarizing is still present but just in a manner that is much more palatable without every sacrificing what made the original interesting. On me it still has amazing longevity. I smell it on me 6-8 hours after applying it but to me Issey sents have never been loud so if you are expecting a beast look elsewhere.

If you are looking for something that is guaranteed to be nothing like anything in your collection (unless you own the original) and just a refreshing change from your day to day scents this is the one to break the mold. Dont be worried about Albert Morales being the perfumer or that aquatic notes being listed. You would never know either unless told so. Some say Alberts masterpiece is ADG. I would argue this is a much more interesting and unique effort. This would be a great office scent. Something that say, "yeah, I care about smelling good" without announcing yourself with jazz hands.
15th June, 2015
My grandfather used to be a farmer (he is too old now!) and when I was a child I can remember going with my dad to his farm and helping him (actually my dad not me. I was just goofing around!)
He used to grow mostly cucumber, tomato and eggplant.

This fragrance opens up with a very beautiful green and fresh citrusy scent.
The green feeling is bolder and richer at the start and smell exactly like tomato leafs and tomato plant. EXACTLY!
There is a mellow tart citrusy scent beside it to give it more fresh feeling but overall feeling of the scent is very green.

As time passes that green tomato plant like smell settles down gradually and fragrance finally goes into well-known fresh citrusy and semi sweet floral scent that is Issey Miyake's signature for L'Eau d'Issey line but fresher and more watery than original L'eau d'Issey.
Projection is average and longevity is around 3-4 hours on the skin.
Good scent. I like it. specially the opening brings back good old memories!
29th April, 2015
This is one of the best flankers of L'Eau D'Issey that has come out. It has a fantastic grassy citrus opening that settles into an almost tart version of the original L'Eau D'Issey base. What has stopped me from buying many of these flankers is subpar projection and longevity. The Yuzu edition is actually not too bad. It's still not like the vintage L'Eau D'Issey which is very strong. This is somewhere in the 3 hour range and then it becomes a skin scent. Lasts a total of 6 hours on my skin and up to 8 on clothing. Just as a reference I've owned the original, sport, sport mint, summers 2009,2010, 2012, and 2013. This is better than all of the flankers including the frequently mentioned 2009 edition. Didn't expect to like this at all and am quite puzzled at some of the reviews. This one is actually worth buying guys.
01st February, 2015 (last edited: 24th March, 2015)
Didn't like this one. A little too green for me.
20th November, 2014
gmb Show all reviews
Opens beautifully but goes quickly downhill.
The yuzu opening is very nice. An almost bitter citrus, but not a grapefruit bitterness that I find refreshing. Unfortunately, it doesn't last, and I find the drydown to be harsh and very artificial.
03rd August, 2014

Add your review of L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu

Shop for L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu products online

Shop for L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu

Member images of L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu

There are no member images of L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Yuzu yet. Why not be the first?