Cape Heartache (2013)

• Perfumer: Josh Meyer
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Cape Heartache Fragrance notes

Douglas fir, Pine resin, Western hemlock, Vanilla leaf, Strawberry, Old-growth forest, Mountain fog

Cape Heartache information

Cape Heartache is a unisex fragrance by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2013

Reviews of Cape Heartache

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

landshark321's avatar

I agree with most reviews that Cape Heartache is relatively simple. The opening is strong but over time, while the pine resinates, the vanilla takes over slightly. It's slightly reminiscent of the pine in Creed's Epicea, but without the bergamot and with much more sweetness via the vanilla and strawberry notes, though I cannot myself detect the strawberry specifically.

Not surprisingly, this is more on the masculine side, and the pine and other woods automatically creates a strong cold weather association for me, like Christmas.

Great longevity, still present after 12+ hours including a shower in the middle, after which it still exists as a skin scent. Longevity is probably slightly better than Memoirs of a Trespasser, but both last a while with a few sprays.

After trying two of their fragrances, I'm already inclined to agree with others that $85 for a 60ml bottle is a very modest price for a solid EDP. So far, Imaginary Authors is a promising line, and I look forward to trying more of their fragrances.

8 out of 10

29th January, 2015 (Last Edited: 05th February, 2015)

Allen-on-Holiday's avatar

Basically, as others have said, Cape Heartache is a simple fragrance of strawberries and pine. I think it might have been nicer with a little nutmeg, or something, added, to give it more of a base. But as it is, I must admit there’s nothing really bad about it, but it’s not anything special, either. Ironically, there’s nothing “heartache” about it because it seems like a happy scent to me. But I still feel like I’m wearing a paper pine tree air freshener (with strawberries), but, so far, no complaints from anybody around me. Cape Heartache leans more towards feminine than masculine.

31st December, 2014

stargarden's avatar

This is quite interesting -- reminds me of my youth, running in the woods after being chased out of the strawberry fields by Farmer Adams. Pine and strawberry and vanilla. But a little bit of mystery. Nice longevity and decent sillage. I am liking this one. Decently priced as well....it's a much more intriguing fragrance than the notes pyramid might indicate. According to the makers: Douglas Fir, Pine Resin, Western Hemlock, Vanilla Leaf, Strawberry, Old Growth, Mountain Fog

20th March, 2014