Cape Heartache (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Cape Heartache

Cape Heartache is a shared / unisex perfume by Imaginary Authors. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Meyer

Reviews of Cape Heartache

Cape Heartache is super interesting. On me it started with some pleasant wet woods and pine for about an hour. Then very quickly the strawberry starts to creep in. It amps up further and further until I feel damn delicious walking around the office. I honestly would have never expected strawberry to work well on a guy, nor expect it to combine well with pine, but it does. They say everyone's skin is different, but I'm suprised to see that another reviewer didn't get any strawberry with how lush it is on me. I'll also say that the longevity was great, depending on where sprayed. The sprays on my chest worked much slower through that woody -> gourmand transition than those on my wrist did. Leaving me with still projecting from my chest over 6 hours later.
05th October, 2019
A very strange experience. On application, opinion was divided. "Bathbombs", said the family. "Calamine lotion, or hospital disinfectant", said I. A spicy phase followed, passing the torch to a near-gourmand experience after a few hours. The later phases were spent with a smoky, woody theme with overtones of strawberries and balsamic. Late in the day, I am left with strawberries and cream as if wandering the outer courts at Wimbledon.

What has this got to do with "Cape Heartache"? I'm not aware of any literary or cultural reference, but perhaps it works as a tip of the hat to those spy novels whose protagonists pay flying visits to a random collection of locations over the course of the narrative. I wouldn't buy this, but it's been an interesting ride.
10th August, 2019
Strawberries and cream in a pine forest by the sea. Such a unique fragrance - it's rare to find something simultaneously so rich and yet so light and supremely playful.
03rd July, 2019
A little disappointed after reading so much about this fragrance, and given my budget (low) and location (its not as easy to get hold of in the UK), I was thrilled to have tracked down an affordable sample. I certainly didn't get any of the strawberry, while the pine was very strong. It did calm down after an hour or so, but maybe it just wanted the time of year to try it out. I shall have another go in the Autumn, and see what happens. I really want to like this, so its fingers crossed...
09th June, 2019
Strawberry and old books mixed with smokey pine wood. The dry down becomes more oily and animalic.

Projection and longevity are both very good.
11th November, 2018
Pine, smoke and a honeyed strawberry note. The sweetness and the smoky pine are fighting for many hours to the take the first place and none of them is a clear winner. What I smell in the opening is mostly what I get until the dry down. It goes on Arso's territory with a good effort, but Profumum Roma is better constructed.
24th September, 2018

Add your review of Cape Heartache

Shop for Cape Heartache products online

Shop for Cape Heartache at online perfumeries

Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache 2ml Spray Sample – *Read Description*

End Date: Sunday Dec-8-2019 13:25:19 PST
Buy It Now for only: $8.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache 2ml SAMPLE Fire Bull Storm Sea Saint Slow Cobra

End Date: Sunday Dec-15-2019 9:22:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Cape Heartache

There are no member images of Cape Heartache yet. Why not be the first?