Vodka on the Rocks (2014)
by By Kilian

Vodka on the Rocks information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur
SupplierRobertet

About Vodka on the Rocks

Vodka on the Rocks is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Vodka on the Rocks fragrance notes

Reviews of Vodka on the Rocks

surge Show all reviews
I really like this one, it's the "designer vibe" scent you can get at the department store but much better and a bit more complex

It gets me a ton of compliments when I wear it, but I understand why people wouldn't like it -- is it worth the full retail price? Not really...

Longevity on me is actually pretty good, I get about 6-8 hours, but towards the end it does have a tendency to turn into a skin scent, which is why I always spray my shirt or wear primer underneath it on my skin, which helps to remedy that.

Overall I give it an 8/10. Loss of two points for originality and longevity.
09th May, 2018
Agree completely that this smells like Abercrombie...which is one of my most despised fragrances.
09th February, 2018
First thing out of my wife's mouth after smelling this on me was, "Smells like Abercrombie". It does have a strong Fierce resemblance but then changes to something that reminds me of Acqua di Gio to my nose. Could be off there but that's the vibe it gives me. Both are crowd pleasers so I'd judge this as something people like to smell and enjoyable to wear.

Performance is average. Projects nicely for the first couple hours then sits close to skin for 5-6 hours.
03rd October, 2017 (last edited: 13th November, 2017)
A friend of mine has been after me to sample several Kilian fragrances and VoR is the first of the batch that he sent me. The opening is a spice touched citrus-rose combination that is slightly reminiscent of a highball of some indeterminate variety that lasts less than an hour. Then it breaks down to a rose-sandalwood scent of moderately weak projection faintly similar to the late powdery drydown in Egoiste. While the composition wasn't bad, it strikes me as incredibly weak for a fragrance of this price and supposed quality. I could hardly detect any fragrance at all at 2 hrs from 3 generous sprays. The initial opening caught my attention and had me hoping for something special, but it really wasn't anything even discernible after one hour. I won't recommend this one.
04th September, 2017
I don't mind a generic, fresh designer fragrance. I own Curve and Fierce by A&F, fragrances I highly enjoy. Vodka on the rocks, which costs €235 for 50ml, manages to smell worse than those two. Mind-boggling. It smells like a designer gone wrong. The opening is a citrus effect, which disappears within minutes. The fragrance goes "blank", poof, gone. Wait a minute, this is the vodka effect! This is done by deadly amounts of the incredibly cheap Iso E Super. Does By Kilian know that alcoholics like to drink vodka because it is odourless? Why would anyone want to spend ridiculous amounts of money to smell like cheap vodka? To make sure that everyone knows they are a hardcore alcoholic? Luckily, for the consumers who got scammed into buying this joke, it's a thin and very cheap designer in a posh bottle. I'm sure their typical clientele will experience a huge placebo effect when smelling this piece of dreck.
27th November, 2016
You can easily put your hands on any number of fresh designer fragrances, all commonly sold in shops everywhere that duplicate and improve upon what is presented in Vodka on The Rocks. This is a very clean synthetic fragrance which reminds me of Versace pour Homme, or Frapin L'humaniste (not as good as), or Lacoste 12.12.White, or Micheal Kors Extreme Blu. More common and generic, cliched?, for this type type of fresh scent than dozens of fragrances from the past 15 years that could each be mistaken for Vodka on the Rocks. I don't know the chemicals involved here but I do know that they are often used in cheap fragrances made today. I don't see a new design or aromatic perspective with this fragrance, just a remake of standard fresh scent fare. Let's see, it costs five times as much, doesn't smell new or different, it has the By Killian brand name, and it does smell vaguely like a vodka tonic cocktail . . . I can't get excited about this one. I own almost a dozen By Killian fragrances and am a big fan of the brand, but my disappointment with this bottle is an understatement. A rating of 1.5, maybe 2 of 5 stars would be appropriate.
07th June, 2016 (last edited: 10th June, 2016)

Add your review of Vodka on the Rocks

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian - 10ml (0.33 fl.oz.) decant

• USD $25.50
  • Time Left: 14 days
  • Shipping from: Azerbaijan

By Kilian Vodka On The Rock Travel Spray 0.25oz New & Fresh!

• USD $29.99
  • Time Left: 25 days

• USD $36.99

Member images of Vodka on the Rocks

There are no member images of Vodka on the Rocks yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Vodka on the Rocks