Vodka on the Rocks (2014)
by By Kilian

Vodka on the Rocks information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerSidonie Lancesseur
SupplierRobertet

About Vodka on the Rocks

Vodka on the Rocks is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur

Vodka on the Rocks fragrance notes

Reviews of Vodka on the Rocks

All things considered, I suspect an artificial vibe here, and it duly delivers; and it is annoyingly on-message and "modern" to boot, all "aldehydes" and "ambroxan", "creating the vibe", or whatever, of chilled clear alcohol. So pretensions abound, but for all that, if you can get past these things, it's not too bad at all. It is refreshing, it does create with some success a simple and sophisticated chilled conktail, and it does dry down to some recognisable and pleasing masculine perfumery materials. Applying the "how would I feel it I had been allocated one random fragrance to wear for the rest of my life" test, I'd be happy enough with this. Expect mild spices and florals, with some woods and a healthy dose of all things chemical. Full of artifice, but strangely good on a hot day.
05th August, 2018
One of Kilian's fresher fragrances.Lily of the Valley and Rose seem to be the stars in this one. 7/10
17th July, 2018
surge Show all reviews
I really like this one, it's the "designer vibe" scent you can get at the department store but much better and a bit more complex

It gets me a ton of compliments when I wear it, but I understand why people wouldn't like it -- is it worth the full retail price? Not really...

Longevity on me is actually pretty good, I get about 6-8 hours, but towards the end it does have a tendency to turn into a skin scent, which is why I always spray my shirt or wear primer underneath it on my skin, which helps to remedy that.

Overall I give it an 8/10. Loss of two points for originality and longevity.
09th May, 2018
Agree completely that this smells like Abercrombie...which is one of my most despised fragrances.
09th February, 2018
First thing out of my wife's mouth after smelling this on me was, "Smells like Abercrombie". It does have a strong Fierce resemblance but then changes to something that reminds me of Acqua di Gio to my nose. Could be off there but that's the vibe it gives me. Both are crowd pleasers so I'd judge this as something people like to smell and enjoyable to wear.

Performance is average. Projects nicely for the first couple hours then sits close to skin for 5-6 hours.
03rd October, 2017 (last edited: 13th November, 2017)
A friend of mine has been after me to sample several Kilian fragrances and VoR is the first of the batch that he sent me. The opening is a spice touched citrus-rose combination that is slightly reminiscent of a highball of some indeterminate variety that lasts less than an hour. Then it breaks down to a rose-sandalwood scent of moderately weak projection faintly similar to the late powdery drydown in Egoiste. While the composition wasn't bad, it strikes me as incredibly weak for a fragrance of this price and supposed quality. I could hardly detect any fragrance at all at 2 hrs from 3 generous sprays. The initial opening caught my attention and had me hoping for something special, but it really wasn't anything even discernible after one hour. I won't recommend this one.
04th September, 2017

Add your review of Vodka on the Rocks

Shop for Vodka on the Rocks products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Vodka on the Rocks

There are no member images of Vodka on the Rocks yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Vodka on the Rocks