Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale (2013)
by Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale information

Year of Launch2013

HouseGiorgio Armani
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale

Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale is a shared / unisex perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2013

Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale

Although I'm not usually excited about myrrh as a note as I struggle with some myrrh dominant compositions, I find this one to be excellent. There is a combination of smoky sweet resinous notes that makes this highly enjoyable and classy smelling for me. More dry than creamy (smoky myrrh), but very warm and calming. Excellent composition!
02nd August, 2018
This smells of myrhh with hints of amber and saffron, and strong incense. It's very smoky. It's pleasant to my nose. It reminds me a lot of Replica By the Fireplace. Sillage is moderate while longevity is moderate at around 4 hours of strong projection and many more hours of lighter projection.

23rd June, 2018
Thought I would love this! However there is too much vanilla or something that makes it seem like there’s a feminine touch to it, which I don’t care for. There has to be a floral note not listed that is bothering me. I do at least detect some myrrh, so it’s worth a neutral rating.
01st December, 2017
I've quite enjoyed getting to know Myrrhe Impériale. I smell mostly frankincense mixed with smoky, leathery pine tar, with a pinch of vinegar to simulate myrrh. There's also a quiet hum of maple syrup immortelle mixing with vanilla, which fuses with the creaminess of the incense to add warmth and depth to the drydown.

The result, in total, reminds me of the smell of waffles mixing with a campfire, which sounds silly but actually works remarkably well. Thumbs up!
28th March, 2017
Myrrhe Imperiale is another interesting entry in the Armani Prive line. It is mainly a mix of myrrh, vanilla, and amber. I don't get much more out of it but the blend of these three main element is very easy to wear but also provides a sense of reservation and sophistication; it's neither cloyingly sweet nor harshly incensed. I don't get much of the pink pepper or saffron at all.

This reminds me of Imaginary Authors Memoir of a Trespasser in terms of the dominance of the myrrh and vanilla. They're comparable in terms of overall sweetness:incense ratio as well as refinement. My inclination is to suggest that Myrrhe Imperiale might be somewhat more refined than Memoirs of a trespasser but that might be hasty if I'm not smelling them simultaneously, so perhaps that's for future judgment.

The performance on this is very good, above average for an EDP, which for the retail price of $290 for 100ml, is a must. Discounted on Beautyspin ($215 for 100ml) like most of the other Armani Prive entries, like most fragrances you'd pay more than $200 for, you really do need to love it. A worthy try for fans of myrrh, incense, amber, or vanilla and perhaps someone's future winter staple.

8 out of 10
17th March, 2016
A somewhat flat and boring perfume with a very interesting interpretation of the way that myrrhe could smell like. The perfume doesnt change that much and lacks depth, it fails to tell a solid, moving story but it surely has its moments. Untill its dry-out it smells too synthetic for me with a big hissy red pepper-like saffron note that seems to carry on forever. But its intense darkish smoky undertone is lovely and halfway its dry-out it manages to catch a natural oil-like note in its benzoin and vanille tonality that fills this perfume up with a round- and smoothness that really connected with my skin. For me, this perfume shines as a roomspray when it gets the room to breath and doesnt get smothered by the skin. This perfume benefits from floating in the air as a consistent cloud of abstract oriental happiness because it lacks a good structured and evolving blending, it somehow lacks a smooth transmission from top to base. On my skin I got bored with it very quickly, but it works miracles in small rooms as I use it as my favorite toilet-refresher right now. Very overprized.
22nd April, 2015 (last edited: 23rd April, 2015)

Add your review of Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 11:45:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $16.88
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale

There are no member images of Armani Privé Myrrhe Impériale yet. Why not be the first?