Aoud & Pine (2013)

About Aoud & Pine

Aoud & Pine is a masculine fragrance by Montale. The scent was launched in 2013

Aoud & Pine fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud & Pine

Pepper, rose, and oud greet you immediately. A sharply green lily of the valley appears, along with bitter neroli, and some vetiver.

Nope. No clear pine aroma here. There is something here that reminds me of bitter tree sap though. Perhaps, it's my imagination...

Sharpness, bitterness recedes. Becomes earthier. Oud changes, softens. Lightly sweetened amber and musk move it. Nice frag - not mind-blowing.

After time it resembles a good, old-fashioned men's after shave cologne.
24th February, 2019
Like other reviewers have said, this is misnamed. There is no pine. Opens with apple and rose. The apple dries, leaving Aoud and Rose, like a lighter Black Aoud. Nice projection and Sillage. A great fragrance...I wonder how they pick names for their fragrances.
07th July, 2016
Words of warning – this is a review of the shiny blue canister that comes from Montale International and is only available from retailers in the Mideast. I picked up mine on Ebay. I bought this one blind and judging from the name, how could it go wrong? Pine and Aoud sounds like a great combination to me. But it’s not the Pine or Aoud that stand out – it’s apple and rose that stand out.

The opening is all about apple. I tire of apple accords in fragrances but his one smells different. There’s also a rose, iris and geranium accord that joins the apple like somebody dropped the apple in a bed of flowers. Before you can say it’s a Ladies Fragrance, the Aoud and Pine show up to add smoke and fire to the flowers and apple – not unlike putting fruit on the grill. The Pine isn’t as strong as I would like it to be but it’s there.

Overall, the combination of fruit, floral and smoke is quite intriguing and works really well here to create a unique and different fragrance.

7.5/10
08th October, 2015
Quartz Show all reviews
Totally misnamed. I get no oud nor pine. The apple note is weak at best. The rose note is most definitely there but too much so for my taste. Having said that, it worked well on my wife and thus bought a bottle for her that I will likely sample only occasionally.
**After wearing a few more times, I've come to like this one. Not like the usual Montale offerings.
21st September, 2015 (last edited: 23rd July, 2018)
pman Show all reviews
After trying many Montale, I think I have found my favorite Montale.I don't get lots of apple, Aoud is present but is different than typical Montale Aoud. Can be worn all year round.
01st September, 2015