Bonbon (2014)

PerfumerSerge Majoullier
SupplierMane
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Bonbon

Bonbon is a feminine perfume by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Serge Majoullier and Cecile Matton

Bonbon fragrance notes

Reviews of Bonbon

I know it's just me here but this is one of those well blended perfumey scents where I have trouble picking out most of the notes and really just isn't my style. I know lots of you here will think this is a good thing.

What it does have is a beautiful syrupy carmel that blankets the perfumes scents. This could be a great gourmond for a classic chypre lover.

The other thing that I do have to say for it is that my partner really liked the drydown. He thought it smelled like chocolate and root beer -- and he almost never likes my scents. I thought it smelled closer to Hanae Mori's vanilla drydown, which is pleasant.
14th February, 2017
You know . . . this kind of works, for about half an hour or maybe a little longer. if you can turn off the analysis it and just roll with it. Somehow Bonbon does not make you want to scub, heave, or run away; in fact, it very much compels you to keep smelling it. It must be the tangy-juicy-sweet accord in the top that smells delicious but not edible; the jasmine note at the center really pulls this all together.

This must have been tricky to get right. I suspect all the energy, cash and brains when into those top and middle notes, because after an hour or so, Bonbon loses the juiciness and fades into a standard-issue woody amber thing that quickly begins to smell like a headache coming on and depression setting in. Is that a case of Iso I feel coming on? Maybe . . . .

The drydown really is a bummer, because some serious skill went into getting the top of this little guy to work. It's really worthy of some kind of a finale instead of the usual fade to static.
06th July, 2016
I used to work for a very snobby fashion company. My co-worker Lex (picture Amy Schumer) and I had days when the pressure and self-important humorlessness of the designer would really get to us, and our little subversive pleasure was the bottle of Jessica Simpson's Fancy that I had hidden in my desk drawer.
It would have been such an outre thing to our boss - to enjoy a sticky sweet Jessica Simpson fragrance! - but being high/low culture girls, we actually liked it, we weren't simply being rebellious 40-year-old teenagers.

So when I found a 3 oz. dented-but-sealed box of BonBon at a ridiculously discounted price under the broken eyeshadows and bottles of White Diamonds in Marshall's clearance, I knew it was there for me. Or Lex. See, BonBon is both high and low at the same time, a calibrated, well-executed, high-quality version of a celebutante scent, which is such a funny thing to be. It's seriously potent, but use it with restraint and you'll radiate a warm, sweet and woodsy sillage all day and have people buried in your neck. If it smells cheap to others when I wear it, apparently it's a good kind of cheap, for it gets them buzzing like bees!

It's a very different frag from Dior Addict - not floral/green caramel but peachy caramel - yet I associate the two, for the thick and enduring character of BonBon's sweet caramel drydown is comparable to that of the original (pre-reformulation) Addict.

18th February, 2016
Salutation.

I am absolutely essential and utterly irresistible.
I am the chic and very seductive!
I am a fruity and floral fragrance with an aphrodisiac character,which awakens the most unstoppable desire of a skin seduction.
I am a perfume with a delicate balance and a great harmony of notes is both delicious and divine,perfumed creation by VICTOR&ROLF!
I am BONBON!
i have nice sillage and great longevity on Aquila skin!

13th June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
On my skin this has a sweet citrus-orange opening with a very fruity peach added, with a jasmine-caramel dyad prominent in the drydown. A somewhat generically woodsy base is underlined by a group hire musk that sees an ambery tone added towards the end.

A very synthetic and at times oberly syrupy fragrance, with moderate sillage, good orojection and five hours of longevity. 2.5/5
25th April, 2015
Long lasting caramelised fruits with woody and amber wrapping.

Great for autumn and winter.

13th October, 2014

Add your review of Bonbon

Shop for Bonbon products online

Search Amazon for Bonbon

Member images of Bonbon

There are no member images of Bonbon yet. Why not be the first?