Salina (2013)

Year of Launch2013

HouseLaboratorio Olfattivo
Parent CompanyKaon

About Salina

Salina is a shared / unisex perfume by Laboratorio Olfattivo. The scent was launched in 2013

Salina fragrance notes

Reviews of Salina

Huge disappointment for anyone looking for a green, pine note. A tiny bit salty at the front end, then a real marine-beach-ozone clump. The sweetish musk I have found in some other scents in that line. Really unremarkable, quite linear, and just not attractive to me.
24th August, 2016
Kaern Show all reviews
This reminds me very much of the Farmacia SS fragrance -- I think it's called Hale.
Basically, you have to like the smell of salt around you all day to appreciate this. Very sharp and tangy which doesn't really let up until a softer musk kicks in very late on. A thumbs up for not compromising, but a slightly challenging wear.
06th May, 2015
As the name suggests, Salina is a salty marine EdP. I am not a big fun of marine perfumes, but I admit that at some point while sitting still in the outdoors I took a whiff of myself and I was transcended to a beach right next to the sea but not in an entirely pleasant way; some mellowness was missing in the composition. This was half an hour after application, and then Salina starts fading into an aquatic shadow. I used my sample vial in two goes in the same day because silage was so weak. Emptying the whole vial I could barely detect Salina on my skin after maybe 4-5 hours, while a day after I can just smell it a bit on my t-shirt. In my amateur book, this is not good performance from an EdP. The dry down is a light sweet, powdery woody accord while the salt doesn't entirely disappear and maybe it should. Sel Marin by James Heeley is quite superior to Salina. It seems to me that there is something missing in the composition that renders Salina rather generic and the hefty price of 98€ for 100ml doesn't justify such a generic accord. I don't like Salina and I certainly wouldn't invest in it.
04th August, 2014
Aqua Di Sale 2.0. As invasive and bad as only this genre can get.

Sorry!
06th July, 2014
One of the most avant-garde-hardcore marine/saline juices out there. Laboratorio Olfattivo Salina is uncompromisingly ozonic, salty in an almost dissonant/acid way, breezy and evocative about the mediterranean scrub dense about pinasters, myrtles and agaves. Extremely close to Pioggia Salata by il Profvmo, Acqua di Sale Profvmum (finally more synthetic and soapy), Bond Coney Island (which is more yummy/exotic in a futuristic game of juxtapositions and less mediterranean) and Rem by Reminiscence Salina anyway performs an its own individual personality due to a marked irresistible "salty acidity" centered over an "askew" lemon/salty patterns/vanilla aromatic accord utterly influenced by a bunch of musky/boise elements such the absinthe, lavender and needles from the forest. I can't deny its irresistible carnality which is mostly salty/organic (fresh/warm carnal-boise) and not soapy coconutty as usual for a specific range of new avant-garde post-modern marine concoctions (like Vittoria Apuana by I Profumi del Forte, which I appreciate anyway and for instance the weird Vanilla Marble by Agonist). The final musk is encompassing, acid/balmy and almost edible. Really evocative and languid I appreciate the Salina's temperament despite we are far out from my personal category of fragrances. Thumbs up.
22nd March, 2014

Add your review of Salina

Shop for Salina products online

LABORATORIO OLFATTIVO VIAL TRAVEL SPRAY (You Choose the Scent and Qty)

End Date: Thursday May-9-2019 17:03:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Salina

There are no member images of Salina yet. Why not be the first?