cK one Summer 2014 (2014)
by Calvin Klein

cK one Summer 2014 information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseCalvin Klein
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About cK one Summer 2014

cK one Summer 2014 is a shared / unisex perfume by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2014

cK one Summer 2014 fragrance notes

Reviews of cK one Summer 2014

bigbz Show all reviews
I've owned three of the CK One Summer Editions, so you could say I'm a fan of these lighthearted and fun offerings. Nice enough scent, but was my least favorite behind 2012 and 2013.

To my nose it was very close to Tommy Bahama St. Bart's which isn't a bad thing at all, but I already own it so this offered me nothing new. Plus the TB frag on me has better staying power, so I decided to send this one packing.
08th May, 2016
Does the world need a literal take on tequila in the opening burst of a fragrance? When I spray this on I smell like someone has spilled their tequila shot over my nose, with that cactussy alcohol smell assaulting me. I guess some people will find this effect kind of cool, but for me it is out of place.

Once the tequila subsides after 3-4 minutes you get some low quality citrus which then clashes with the mellow coconut accord in the base.

The coconut accord is slightly discordinant, so even though it is mellow, it is still slightly unsettling and there is a floral component, perhaps the freesia, that makes this a little too feminine.

As a summer edition, this fails in its mission to refresh and invigorate. It shocks, annoys, unsettles and finally bores.
09th December, 2015
From a department store sample... CK One Summer (2014) from Calvin Klein is an excellent summer flanker that surprised me, as I had recently tested the 2015 version and was left unimpressed. CK One Summer 2014's composition I would compare favorably with Creed EROLFA or Bond Coney Island as it has many similarities in notes. The balance in CKO 2014 is excellent, so you won't get a searing citrus, suntan lotion coconut or rum punch sweetness at any point. It's also a light scent that stayed close to my skin, but lasted well through the night after application. I'd wear this casually in any summer seasonal climate.

Basenotes has this bottle as the 2014 version, but the Macy's bottle didn't indicate a vintage year and it was on the shelves for 2015. There seems to be a CK One Summer reformulation every year and I have tested most with no memorable results. Who can say what's going on, but I wouldn't recommend 2015 or any prior year's formulation. The 2014 version however is a great buy if you lack a casual summer or vacation scent.
11th May, 2015
First off..... I just tried this on yesterday and wore it again before going to sleep. My review might change soon. Also, I have not made an official count or done any serious survey but there seems to be MANY, A LOT, NUMEROUS aquatic/beach/summer flankers and limited edition releases out there.

You're bound to come across a few that seem to smell alike or "cross paths".

Anyone who has read my reviews knows I'm not a great nose. Some reviewers on B'Notes, "fraghead" websites and youtube reviewers can break down notes and nuances. I just tend to give my general idea on the overall aroma and projection/longevity.

This one seems synthetic and the notes are muddled. It's nice but c'mon, does it really stand out? How many times can you do the whole "melon", "aquatic" and "lime" notes? I'm happy with Tommy Bahama's Set Sail which covers that and smells similar to an expensive Creed VIW.

07th May, 2015
I would agree with some of what winarabbit and UKisgr8, this is a pretty well done albeit completely synthetic smelling summer frag. I do not go for summer fragrances at all really, but in expanding my collection and based on previous reviews and comparisions to more expensive bottles I picked one up. I wouldn't pay much more than the $25 I paid at a discount store, but that is mainly because I so far would really just wear this for warm weather errands around town in the sun.

That being said this does a great job for me! It is light and refreshing, I never go nutty on frag so I can't comment on longevity with five or six sprays, but my normal two or three and head right out works wonderfully for about three hours. And the progression is better than what I have experienced with other scents of this type that are very linear, as previously stated I get a nearly overdone grapefruit citrus scent on initial spray, but settles quickly closer to the skin in a sort of beach coconut pina coloda scent with a hint of booze? I hate tequila so its not really that, but something. Kind of just like a bunch of drinks taste great with tequila but alone it is horrific smelling. This smells like that in a good way after the initial fruity blast has settled.

My two very new cents to reviewing, this is a killer summer scent for the $20-$25 for 3 ounces it is currently selling for. Would I rather have a Creed that is similar without the synthetic smell? Yes. Would I ever pay over a hundred for a summer scent? Yes I did once for Aqua Di Parma Amalfi, but thinking logically after that blind buy there just isn't enough depth in a summer frag to warrant the high cost. Buy two bottles of this for $45, go nuts using it every few hours and spend the rest on Margaritas for the ladies.
01st May, 2015
I originally bought this because someone had compared it to Creeds VIW (a scent that has been on my wish list for years). I can't justify spending over $200 for Creed, so I went out an tried this. And I am so glad I did.

This scent is summer and the beach in a bottle. Lime, alcohol (I guess tequila), and coconut come across as the strongest for me. Reminiscent of a pina colada, mixed with tanning lotion. While very summery and tropical smelling, for me, it does not come across as cheap or too fruity. The scent on me is a touch on the subtle side (I usually need about 5/6 sprays to give it good projection and lasting power). After an hour or two, I do find it stays a little close to my skin, though thats pretty typical of CK, and summer scents. Regardless of that, it smells amazing.

I recently retried Creed VIW and have to say, I much prefer my CK. My first bottle is half gone, and I just purchased another as backup. For me, its that good. My signature summer scent.

Sillage: 6/10

CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Perfume Spray EDT 100 ml / 3.4 oz

End Date: Tuesday Feb-19-2019 23:41:14 PST
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Ck One Summer By Calvin Klein Edt Spray 3.4 Oz (limited Edition 2014)

End Date: Thursday Feb-21-2019 19:39:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $31.85

CK One 2014 Summer Edition 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray for Men By Calvin Klein

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 9:24:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein 3.4oz / 100ml EDT Spray NIB Sealed For Unisex

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 19:39:54 PST
Buy It Now for only: $36.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Ck One Summer By Calvin Klein Edt Spray 3.4 Oz (limited Edition 2014)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 19:44:34 PST

CALVIN KLEIN CK ONE SUMMER 2014 UNISEX 3.4 FL oz / 100 ML EDT Spray Sealed Box

End Date: Sunday Feb-24-2019 13:30:58 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Ck One Summer By Calvin Klein 3.4 Oz edt spr- 2014 unisex brand new* sealed* box

End Date: Monday Feb-25-2019 20:17:09 PST
Buy It Now for only: $49.55
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CK ONE SUMMER 2014-CALVIN KLEIN-UNISEX-EDT-SPR-3.4OZ-100ML-AUTHENTIC-MADE IN USA

End Date: Wednesday Feb-27-2019 8:40:25 PST