Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche (2014)
by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche information

Year of Launch2014

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

Citrus, woody, dirty, yet fun.

The bright and fun loving younger brother of its original counterpart. It's cleaner and orangey-er and in my opinion designed to be worn in a more carefree environment like a day outside with people you respect. Save the original for lawyers and my father, this suits a man in his 30's who also saves *a lot* for his retirement. Excellent release.
01st October, 2018
I'm sitting there plotting world domination and thinking about how much I like the original Terre d'Hermes - masculine, refined, classy. So I purchase the Eau Tres Fraiche version and spray it on. It, too, is refined and classy. That much is clear. But is it masculine? I walk outside. A bird has crapped on my car. It's a mild, damp mid-summer day, and I'm wearing dark jeans and a black T-shirt with boots. I smell this sweet orange fragrance on myself. Something doesn't feel right. I go back inside to change into some dressier pants and shoes, then top it with a pink collared shirt open at the neck. I wait until the day warms up and dries out and I get invited to an outdoor wedding, then I take my family for a walk through a botanical garden to avoid attending the wedding service. There is a breeze. I forget about work. I laugh and play tag with the kids, then go to the outdoor wedding reception to dance and drink champagne. Hmm... the Eau Tres Fraiche is smelling more masculine. In a different way than the original.

I give the bottle to my wife. It's her favorite fragrance and she wears it almost every day. I steal a spray once in a while, but not every day.
14th August, 2018
View of Saint-Tropez by Henri Matisse
08th July, 2018
This opens with an extremely natural smelling aroma of to my nose grapefruit and cardamom. The grapefruit and cardamom are both extremely accurate. In fact the grapefruit in this is probably more accurate than Atelier Cologne's Pomelo Paradis while the cardamom is more true to life than YSL's Le Nuit de L'Homme. I understand the fruit in reality in this is bigarade rather than grapefruit, but it smells like grapefruit to me and I've never smelled or tried bigarade in reality. There is also a hint of orange. The whole opening reminds me of citrus tea with cardamom. This is definitely more fresh than regular Terre d'Hermes. On drydown, it basically persists in this fashion - grapefruit and cardamom, but the grapefruit gets progressively fainter. It has hints of vetiver and pepper but they are really muted compared to the original, and mostly replaced with a sort of watery accord. On drydown it somewhat is reminiscent of original Terre d'Hermes EDT though. Longevity and sillage are both moderate but more on the airy/soft side. Overall this is a very nice fragrance but in my opinion does not beat the original Terre d'Hermes.

3.5/5
09th May, 2018
This is basically TDH with a citrus twist. Pretty good. A Summer version of TDH. 7/10
26th February, 2018
This is a good quality fragrance. I like it, but I'm only rating it a 3 out of 5 in part due to my personal taste: I don't like Geranium much, and you can definitely smell it in the mix after the opening notes die down a bit.

Geranium just isn't a very masculine scent to me. I happen to have one on my balcony that I water because the landlady left it here and it looks nice. But I don't like their scent much. They reminds me a bit of old ladies (whether because they like to grow them, or wear geranium-scented perfume I couldn't say). I have fond memories of my dear old Grandmas but I wouldn't want to smell like them! Geranium also reminds me a bit of the smell of a cat litter box! I love cats, litter boxes, not so much :-D

But despite my biased against Geranium, I think I can say it's a perfectly good Geranium, and if you like that or at least don't dislike it then you might well rate this frag at least a 4 out of 5.

It's got a big bright opening others have mentioned that you might like or might not. It's a little bit strong for me but it might be a nice way to start your day if you like what it offers. This is only my first day of wearing my sample so I'll see how I feel after a week of wearing it. Basically it's a lot like regular Terre d'Hermes only it's a bit sharper and has more of a fruity smell -- citrus for sure, perhaps lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit.

The longevity seems to be quite good: even after about 8 hours, I could still smell the two small sprays on my wrists but at that point I would say it was a skin scent.

I actually tried this quite by accident today when I was testing frags at the Sephora at Hollywood and Highland here in LA. One of the first ones I tried was Terre d'Hermes and I sprayed it on my wrist and liked it a lot.

After that I tried a dozen others frags by spraying them on the little test strips. When I came back to the Terre d'Hermes to give it another sniff, I wondered why it smelled so much better on my skin than it did the second time on the testing paper -- and of course it's because the second time I had picked up the Tres Fraiche! So I definitely prefer the original to this, but this one has a lot going for it.

I could definitely see how this might make a good choice for wearing in the mornings and switching over to the regular scent in the evenings, however, or making this one your warm-weather terre d'hermes.
11th February, 2018

Terre D'hermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes Men's 4.2 Oz EDT Spray SEALED NEW BOX

End Date: Thursday Nov-22-2018 9:09:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $80.74
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Terre D'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes for Men - 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

$50.00 (1 Bid)
End Date: Thursday Nov-22-2018 12:38:41 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Terre D'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche Set: 4.2 oz EDT Spray + .42 oz EDT Spray New

End Date: Thursday Nov-22-2018 12:55:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $76.49

Member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche

There are no member images of Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche yet. Why not be the first?

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche News