Corsica Furiosa (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseParfum d'Empire
PerfumerMarc-Antoine Corticchiato

About Corsica Furiosa

Corsica Furiosa is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfum d'Empire. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marc-Antoine Corticchiato

Corsica Furiosa fragrance notes

Reviews of Corsica Furiosa

Corsica Furiosa is a dense green vegetal scent, with a prominent tomato leaf note. While I like green scents, I do not particularly care for the ones that are vegetal (for e.g. Devin); hence Corsica Furiosa is not to my liking. On my skin the tomato leaf dominates, though I also detect notes of galbanum and hay. It is very earthy, and somewhat bitter, though the bitterness subsides into the dry down. It also becomes a little resinous. Duration on my skin is good at around six hours, while sillage is moderate.

Corsica Furiosa would be a must try for anyone interested in vegetal green scents. I think this would work well in any weather, but perhaps better in summer. While I think it is well composed and interesting, perhaps even unique, it is just not at all to my personal tastes. However, if this were someone's signature scent, I would definitely want to meet that person.

17th May, 2018
I bought Corsica Furiosa a couple of years ago in LA, when I was staying down the road from Scent Bar. After an extended session of looking for the perfect bottle, I got this. I was looking for something cold, or flinty, or green. Well, I got cool and green. I've since decided that my fantasy of a 'flinty' scent will probably remain in the realms of dreams.

CF has a green which is sharp and somehow wild or weedy. I've read a lot of reviews talking of tomato leaf but that's not exactly what I get - we had tomato plants in a sunny room when I was a child and I love and would recognise the smell anywhere. What I smell here is more like a waft of weeds or gorse (green not flowers) on a hot dry day carried by the wind. There's also a citrus note that I love - sharp but not sweet. It's listed as lime, and it's absolutely lovely to see it done justice and not appearing with coconut!

It's definitely and uncompromisingly green, and all day I've been getting hits of sharp dusty shrub.
22nd May, 2017
I love green scents - it was just a week or so ago that I was searching Basenotes for fragrances based on the tomato plant. So I was pretty thrilled when this fell into my lap as a random free sample from a beauty site. I doubted it at first sniff - rather than a fresh green vine-y note I got a slightly dry dusty one, like garden plants left too long without water in the sun. It won me over, though - the scent is complex and keeps intriguing me. As it develops I'm getting lots of earthy notes as well as a hint of something lemon-y. But the tomato plant note mentioned by several other reviewers really does dominate here.

I wish, wish, wish I could spritz this on - I have one of those little dabber samples and I never feel like I'm getting the right amount/coverage with those. Definitely considering a bottle.

Update: still love the scent of this, but it seems more suitable as a room fragrance or candle. I found the dusty green note wafting off my skin sort of disturbing after a few hours.
03rd May, 2016 (last edited: 04th May, 2016)
Corsica Furiosa arrived in the mail, as a wild-card sample, along with a recent purchase from LuckyScent. I would have never chosen this for myself, but now that this little vial is in my possession, I can't stop sniffing it. I'm vexed by this stuff. I can't understand, for the life, of me why Mr. Corticchiato would bring his considerable talent and energy to bear on this beautiful but strange perfume, with all its tart and fleshy citrus and grass . . . writes the lady who just bathed in Chanel No. 19.

I'm learning my way around green scents, and this one is different from anything I've yet encountered. In its scale, sweetness, density, and sense of almost carnivorous plant life, Corsica Furiosa gets at the great green classics of the past, such as the ferocious Weil de Weil. But those grande dames were still ladies when you got them in the parlor: the drydown of Weil de Weil is a majestic soap, but it's still soap--classical perfumery in the end. Corsica Furiosa, in contrast, remains untamed, becoming less sweet, more saline, and even more pungent as time passes. Its mintiness becomes more pronounced. It feels like a cold breeze blows across it, reversing the normal pattern of a perfume's "warming" as you wear it.

Wearing something this uncompromising might be beyond my capacity. But I'm haunted by this scent. And I'm disturbed by the knowledge that I'll run out soon. I may need some of this, at least for clothing and ambiance. Cold comfort takes on new meanings when I consider this scent.
20th April, 2016
Mont Sainte-Victoire and the Viaduct of the Arc River Valley (1885–1887)
02nd April, 2016 (last edited: 18th November, 2016)
Very green and rather unpleasant.

It is acrid, raw and bitter. It boggles my mind that anyone would want to smell like this. The sharpness of tea tree oil with pepper and oak moss is what I am getting here. Having no experience with two of the official ingredients (lentiscus, nepita), I have difficulty identying with any accuracy what it is I am smelling.

Official notes: Lenstiscus oil, Lentiscus Absolute, Lentiscus Extract, eau-de-Vie, nepita (local mint), tomato leaf, pepper, cistus, oakmoss.

I wouldn't wear it, but those into raw green herbals may find it interesting.
18th January, 2016

Add your review of Corsica Furiosa

Shop for Corsica Furiosa products online

Shop for Corsica Furiosa at online perfumeries

Parfum d'Empire of your choice 12ml manufacture large sample as pictured

End Date: Tuesday Apr-2-2019 18:39:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Parfum d`Empire Corsica Furiosa EDP GREEN IS EVERYWHERE 2 ml PERFUME SAMPLE!!!

End Date: Sunday Apr-7-2019 10:18:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $16.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Corsica Furiosa

There are no member images of Corsica Furiosa yet. Why not be the first?