Lemon Line (2014)

Lemon Line information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMancera

About Lemon Line

Lemon Line is a shared / unisex perfume by Mancera. The scent was launched in 2014

Lemon Line fragrance notes

Reviews of Lemon Line

Spending $10 on a sample saved me $100 on a bottle.

I am very interested in the Mancera brand. Having 2 of their fragrances, both being quite good, I thought I'd try out a 3rd one. After much deliberating, I decided not to blind buy a bottle and buy a sample off Ebay. I'm so glad I did!

So right off the initial spray, I get a lemon cleaning product, very Pledge like sort of smell. That dies off within 20 seconds and I get the heart of the top notes, a zesty fresh squeezed, fresh cut open Meyer lemon. Meyer lemon have more of an orange citrusy quality about them, and that's what I get here. It turns more into a candied lemon shortly after, but still is quite nice. Fast forward 45 minutes, the lemon finally takes a back seat to a boatload of lavender. Now.. here is where I start to dislike the fragrance. Lavender can be done 2 ways.. clean or dirty. Here it is done dirty, and not only does the note smell like a dirty diaper, but it just doesn't blend well at all with the top notes. Had this been less citrusy, and more herbaceous, it would have worked, but not here, not for me.

I'll have to go against the grain on this one. With a dry down that ultimately ruins a pretty nice opening. My quest for a good lemon niche fragrance, with good performance will continue. This does not hold a candle to Monsieur Balmain, which can be had for much less too.
07th August, 2019
were it not for a particular note in this stuff that I cant name or figure out, I wouldnt touch this perfume..even tho' I happen to love longlasting citrus scents. Ive read posts with the expectation that someone would articulate what it is about this scent, that I cant articulate..espcially with "that note". And they havent. And even tho' I dont own a bottle of PR/1 Million, there is something in that fragrance that I smell here with Lemon Line. And its VERY barbershoppe-ish. This Mancera juice hasnt been on the shelves long at all...but it carries a underrated classiness about it that I believe reviewers take forgranted or dismiss altogether, because for whatever reason, citrus fragrances tend to get more criticism that most other perfume-types. And it starts with a usual lack of longevity. Any lack of longevity on any fragrance deemed to be very longlasting, will bring 'haters' from every corner of the World, LOL

Lemon Line is NOT one of them, fortunately. Wear it up or down...formal or casual. A very solid niche fragrance.
13th December, 2018
I'd give the disclaimer that Lemon Line runs quite contrary to my tastes, especially these days. I don't find the concentrated citrus genre particularly appealing; I prefer my citrus frags to be classic and fleeting eau de colognes (Imperial, Cologne Sologne), or updated modern versions that are still rarefied but add noticeable legs (Mugler Cologne, Allure Homme Sport Cologne), or other citrus classics where the base is heavier and distinct and there are interesting transitions (from the lighter Eau Sauvage and Acqua di Parma Colonias to heavier citrus leathers such as Davidoff and Versace L'Homme).

Lemon Line doesn't really fit in with the aforementioned; instead, it is closer to the modern 'concentrated citrus' canon of Neroli Portofino, Cologne Indelebile or Aqua Viva (and is closest to the latter in terms of scent profile). I feel one would also get some parallels with Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Edition Blanche.

Returning to Lemon Line, here are the pros: it does quite well what it's supposed to do - being a long lasting lemon perfume with adequate presence and sillage. Here are the cons: the overall vibe is somewhat synthetic, it isn't really fresh but is scaled towards the candied lemon territory (but it isn't sweet as such, thankfully), and can occasionally be reminiscent of lemon pledge. Lemon pledge isn't that bad; one can smell and smell of things far worse. Heck, it can even hint at lemon pies at times. I find it to be largely linear with notes of lemon (nothing fresh or natural, but rather dried and somewhat artificial) and something that vaguely hints at dried florals and musks and amber. The 'lemony' aspect gradually tones down over several hours as the dry down is largely shaped by a white musk, that's actually handled deftly: it gives a lot of body to the composition without being in-your-face synthetic or bordering close to laundry musk associations. To be blunt, the dry down is more pleasant than the initial few hours.

All in all, Lemon Line is a composition that you would probably like or not based on two broad criteria: a) whether you like this type of concentrated modern "dense" citrus compositions, and b) your tolerance level for perfumes that smell somewhat synthetic: in other words, are you generally okay with Montales and Manceras? If you're in for a), but not okay with b), be prepared to shell out twice as much for Aqua Viva. The key difference is that the Profumum is much more natural smelling, richer, sparkling; also, the Profumum has a woody base unlike the musks I smell in Lemon Line. If you can live with b), Lemon Line is definitely a very sound proposition.

In terms of strength and duration, I find Lemon Line to be better than Neroli Portofino, in the ballpark of Cologne Indelebile, and maybe just marginally below the Profumum. Please note that I'm referencing Neroli Portofino and Cologne Indelebile only for purposes of benchmarking; in terms of scent profile they are different (they are neroli driven compositions, while Lemon Line is about "Lemon Line"). Sillage is moderate to close (it's primarily a citrus frag), persistent, and duration is excellent at over six hours when worn in moderate weather.

2.5/5

(Note that the rating is largely reflective of personal preference, as explained above. This can be a 'home run' for the right target audience: which I am not.)
25th November, 2018
The most realistic lemon and lime but without the freshness. Linear.
More feminine than unisex.
Where on earth would you use this? Not in hot weather, not in cold weather. As I said, suitable for a lady.

Fragrance: 6.5/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
02nd August, 2018
A beautiful lemon opening. I've had a sample of this for quite some time and have smelled it off and on, but hadn't worn it until today. It smells wonderful. I love fresh lemon, and this develops into a lemon candy smell that is still a delight. I don't get much if any lavender, but the overall fragrance is a winner in my book. It doesn't seem to last very well on my skin, but that was from a dabber sample, so I'm expecting better performance from a spray bottle. I definitely want a bottle of this one. Thumbs way up.
22nd June, 2018
This is an incredible citrus fragrance, and by far the most powerful one I've smelled. It starts off with a very realistic tart lemon with hints of green bergamot and orange. As it dries down, it ends up smelling like lemon candy but not in a cloying or cheap way, but rather very luxuriously done (though with a bit of sweetness that increases the longer you wear this). The fragrance really reminds me of Anglia Spiced Limes but on steroids. It remains lemon-dominant for the duration of the fragrance (incredible for any citrus fragrance), but gets more of the oakmoss, lavender, and white musk notes overtime, especially after about 5 hours. It's extremely strong in the opening with huge sillage and projection, while sillage becomes moderate after 3 hours but leaning on the strong side. This itself is a feat for a lemon-based fragrance to have such great sillage. Longevity is also insanely beastmode! In fact I wore this and it lasted for over 12 hours on my skin. I then went to sleep, woke up and took a shower, and put on another shirt. And I was shocked to notice I could still smell it on my new shirt (I had originally sprayed just two sprays on my neck). The fragrance definitely leans masculine. Overall, this is a really fantastic lemon offering - possibly the best lemon fragrance for men out there (barring Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, however that is a really pricey niche fragrance). It's lemon done in a really classy and gentleman-like way; I could wear this for regular days but I think it would work best when dressing up and in the evening.

03rd May, 2018

Mancera LEMON LINE - 5ml Travel Atomizer SAMPLE

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 10:10:14 PST
Buy It Now for only: $11.48
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Mancera Mancera Lemon Line Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) 120ml/4oz Womens Perfume

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 23:49:28 PST
Buy It Now for only: $111.21
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Mancera Lemon Line Eau De Parfum 120ml Authentic And Fast!

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 6:18:56 PST

Authentic Mancera Lemon Line EDP Spray Sample

End Date: Monday Jan-27-2020 13:54:39 PST
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Member images of Lemon Line

There are no member images of Lemon Line yet. Why not be the first?