Cyber Garden (2013)

HouseCostume National
PerfumerAntoine Lie
Parent CompanyBeauty San Spa

About Cyber Garden

Cyber Garden is a masculine fragrance by Costume National. The scent was launched in 2013 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Cyber Garden fragrance notes

Reviews of Cyber Garden

very nice green scent i love it.so refreshing damp forest ground like smell
15th July, 2017
It's been almost a year that I first tested my Cyber Garden sample and since I would identify it mostly as a Spring scent, I thought the timing was right to revisit it. At first I thought of it as too weird for my tastes, interesting but unnecessary, pretty much I would often find an excuse to dash it. One year later I mostly share the same thoughts and although Costume National doesn't reach top quality here (Scent, Scent Intense), there are quite a few interesting things about it.

The brand, is the epitome of well done syntheticness, a syntheticness with a dirty mind, very well blended and cleverly executed, neatly packed inside brilliant concepts and ideas. And Cyber Garden meets some of those characteristics, but unfortunately lacks one thing: Depth.

I'm not sure there is vinyl in here, I would rather call that accord metallic, which is more of what I get smelling this. A watery metallic accord with a very supportive green armor that gives it a kind of liquidity, making it ideal for strolls at the promenade of my city.

The floral heart is where the big contrast happens. A very traditional masculine bouquet alongside the futuristic metallic note. Retro and modern at the same time. A spinning urban spring, lacking any natural element, but with interesting scratches happening between the ongoing loops of the so called "vinil note". A Cyber punk city day scent. Unfortunately, the dry down arrives and this is where I get a bit sceptical.

To begin with it certainly doesn't reach the excellence of the ambery Scent and Scent Intense. The cyber concept is kind of still there, but the end of the trip lacks somewhat in depth. The aftertaste the metallic accord leaves on the woods of the base makes the overall scent more watery and generic. I get a nice lotiony fresh body cream vibe and that's it really. It's pleasant, but smells common to my novice nose.

I think that the concept here is way too promising and to a point it manages to deliver, but ultimately, it fails to be something truly innovating.
07th April, 2017
A supposedly avant-garde (but actually partially un-original) robotic accord of liquid pepper, fluidy vetiver, plastic molecules (a sort of xerox-toner vague aftersmell), metallic citrus, coumarine, electrical mint, gassy fern, grapefruit, limonene, cetalox, galaxolide, calone, citronellol/geraniol, and aromatic powdery cedarwood. Sincerely, I appreciate (moderately) this Antoine Lie's use of synthetic and the conceptual message behind the aroma, a metallurgical cybernetic green garden, something vaguely in the middle between the Andrea Maack's vegetal dissonance, a Humiecki&Graef-like detergent feel and the CdG's plastic liquidity (vaguely a la Odeur 71). I detect in the air a sort of almost gassy-metallic, pencil-shaving like and lemony saffron veined by angular synthetic geranium and a final touch of talky violet (all surrounded by a weird musky-herbal lymphatic "askew" effect). The aromatic lemony woodiness (a sort of almost minty-musky pencil shaving vibe) is in the same vein as Bvlgari Man Extreme (and vaguely Kenzo Air) though in a more fluidy-citric (electric) and less properly woody-cedary (finally ambery) way. Cute bottle.
28th October, 2014
A rather common "contemporary" green scent, with bitter-sour crunchy and minty green notes (verbena, ivy), with a metallic satin-finish, a light woody base and a subtle floral hint which may be geranium or carnation. I thought of Geranium pour Monsieur (especially the new version) and more broadly, many recent green CdG scents. Sadly Cyber Garden lacks in "something" which made it stand on its own and enhanced its artificial soul – a more creative use of synthetics. Must say I rarely like Antoine Lie style, which to me sounds a bit derivative and dull, and also generally based on pouring three-four Takasago ingredients in the same load of aldehydes. "Meh" for me.

20th June, 2014
synthetic to the bone...another take on amazingreen!
13th May, 2014
Kaern Show all reviews
I might well never have tested except for the perfumer. I don't like 'green' fragrances as a rule. Cyber Garden hasn't changed my mind about the genre.

The bottle colour (green if my memory serves), the shape and the font are really kind of 'retro' , so at odds with the name, but not the eighties.

The fragrance itself is really very one-dimensional with the emphasis on being 'green' throughout it's journey. It's a green vetiver really + some crowd pleasing violet leaf.

I think Mr Lie was given a strict brief about what Costume National wanted as any inventive moves seem to be completely missing unlike his work for ELdO.

One plus point is the blending -- it'a a very smooth, seamless trip around a garden lawn and I can imagine it being a nice addition for lovers of the genre.

28th March, 2014

Add your review of Cyber Garden

Shop for Cyber Garden products online

Search Amazon for Cyber Garden

Member images of Cyber Garden

There are no member images of Cyber Garden yet. Why not be the first?