Uomo (2014)

HouseValentino
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Uomo

Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Uomo

I only buy what I love, not like, not that's ok, not because someone else likes. Another master piece of Bergamot, coffee, chocolate, & leather. Man I love this
13th January, 2017
Tested this fragrance on test paper at Nordstrom, fell in love the minute I breathed it in. I didn't need to try it on my skin to know how the scent will be on my body. You just know you found that fragrance that will make your day a bit happier.

The fragrant is unique, it is definitely not a general scent. I have not smelled anything close to this. The heart note have the smell of caocao and hazelnut. Yet it is not overly sweet or distracting. Subtle and elegant, made for a man that is confident and classy.

Projection is not good, but just decent. The longetivity is good though, what makes this truly worth the buy is the scent. Classy is the best word to describe it, and it is definitely filled with it.
29th December, 2016
A very nice alternative between Dior Homme and those hypersexual gourmand fragrances.
13th August, 2016
I get the references to DHI but, this is totally different. It is much more subdued. Upon first spray, I get a very earthy fruit smell. 15-20 minutes later you definitely smell the coffee/chocolate notes, and the hazelnut cuts the harshness of the coffee. An hour or so and the leather and sandalwood give is an amazing earthiness. I get great village and projection, and it lasts 6-7 hours. This really pulls people into your space, wanting to smell you ask what you're wearing, etc. A winner in my book.
04th May, 2016
Tested from a 2ml sample over 24 hours, 3 separate applications.
Sweet and nutty throughout. The opening is a bit strange as you get this mixed with a fresh herby smell, which I have to say I don't like, but this wears off quickly. Then it's an appealing, warm, nutty gourmand scent, becoming gradually more powdery and talcy. I wouldn't wear it myself, it's too sweet, it doesn't have my notes, apart from the cedar, which to be honest I hardly detect. But I like it, it's sexy., particularly in the dry down. It's one of those I'd probably buy for someone else....
I was complimented on it too, by a woman. I'm also a bit surprised this is marketed only at men ; I would have said at least unisex.
Sillage and longevity (3 hours) moderate.
The bottle is cool, although for me it's "prickly" look doesn't match this sweet, sexy fragrance.
As I'm writing this and experiencing the end of the dry down of the last of my sample, I keep imagining a woman wearing this. Women should definitely not rule this out.
March 2016
20th March, 2016
A sweeter version of DHI, with less lipstick. Really enjoy wearing this one as it is one of those that makes me feel like I've got an edge because the scent is so interesting, fun and refined. Performance is good for a day and the sweet notes come through more as hours go by.
29th February, 2016