Uomo (2014)

Year of Launch2014

PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Uomo

Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Uomo

FISS80 Show all reviews
The opening of this fragrance is extremely cloying. It is extremely strong and sickly sweet. Although I can understand the comparisons to DH/DHI, It much more closely resembled Lolita Lempicka au masculin. Although, there is no anise listed, I detect a very strong licorice accord. This composition has more depth and is less powdery than au masculin. The drydown is much more pleasant and reminds me very much of YSL's La Nuit. I do detect leather, coffee bean, and hazelnut but I do not detect any chocolate whatsoever. I am not a fan of this fragrance but I can understand why other's may like it. I don't particularly care for this fragrance and it feels like a mash up of a variety of different well known previously released fragrances but as stated before, I can see it's appeal. 6/10
24th August, 2015

The fancy,lovely and truly gorgeous bottle harmony the gentle nature that hides within it's unique glass confines.VALENTINO UOMO is one of the most elegant masculine fragranceto realized in last year.

The seductive,sweet,yet also clean ambience of precious bergamot and myrtle are laced around deliciously spiced notes of hazelnut,coffe and chocolate and traditionally masculine notes of leather and cedar for for a composition which oscillates the craziness of an eiderdown duvet and the posh tan leather insides if a buick.

Absolute seduction.

Longevity?About 8 hours on my skin.

13th June, 2015
I just don't care for this scent and I can't put my finger on why.

First, the overall scent is way too strong for my liking. It's an odd floral note, perhaps mixed with some kind of inscense or something. Soft and powerful. Easily could be a unisex fragrance as the middle notes are elderly-feminine IMO. Comes in a feminine-elderly like bottle as well.
06th April, 2015
I smell almost no differences with Dior Homme, except a more prominent gourmand side, and less complexity. Which means this scent smells undoubtedly good, actually much good if you are into that "metrosexual gourmand" type of fragrances, but well... I don't see the point - it's not even cheaper. Get Dior Homme if you like this, it smells better and at least *they* had the idea.

25th January, 2015
Bigsly Show all reviews
Beyond sweet gourmand there is this scent. It's olfactory abuse in a bottle. From what I can remember, it's closest to Cadillac, and certainly not Dior Homme (never tried DH Intense). There are strong aroma chemicals, but they are dominated by what comes across to me as candy or food flavorings amplified to the extreme. I wear gourmands regularly (A*Men, Play Intense, So New York, Rochas Man, Pi, etc.), but this one goes where no man should ever venture (just kidding, of course). On the other hand, if you want to announce your arrival from a mile away, this may be your best choice!
09th November, 2014
Versace Eros' more humble brother, but still Italian and still loud and boisterous. I gave Eros a thumbs up because there are times when you need to cut through the masses, though you run the risk of popularity: someone else might be doing the same thing and then all of a sudden it is too much.

So why the thumbs up? The bottle.

UPDATE: Yes this does recall Dior Homme.
05th October, 2014 (last edited: 03rd July, 2015)

Add your review of Uomo

Shop for Uomo products online

Shop for Uomo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Uomo