Uomo (2014)

HouseValentino
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Uomo

Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Uomo

Salutation.

The fancy,lovely and truly gorgeous bottle harmony the gentle nature that hides within it's unique glass confines.VALENTINO UOMO is one of the most elegant masculine fragranceto realized in last year.

The seductive,sweet,yet also clean ambience of precious bergamot and myrtle are laced around deliciously spiced notes of hazelnut,coffe and chocolate and traditionally masculine notes of leather and cedar for for a composition which oscillates the craziness of an eiderdown duvet and the posh tan leather insides if a buick.

Absolute seduction.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?About 8 hours on my skin.

7.25/10
13th June, 2015
I just don't care for this scent and I can't put my finger on why.

First, the overall scent is way too strong for my liking. It's an odd floral note, perhaps mixed with some kind of inscense or something. Soft and powerful. Easily could be a unisex fragrance as the middle notes are elderly-feminine IMO. Comes in a feminine-elderly like bottle as well.
06th April, 2015
I smell almost no differences with Dior Homme, except a more prominent gourmand side, and less complexity. Which means this scent smells undoubtedly good, actually much good if you are into that "metrosexual gourmand" type of fragrances, but well... I don't see the point - it's not even cheaper. Get Dior Homme if you like this, it smells better and at least *they* had the idea.

25th January, 2015
Bigsly Show all reviews
Beyond sweet gourmand there is this scent. It's olfactory abuse in a bottle. From what I can remember, it's closest to Cadillac, and certainly not Dior Homme (never tried DH Intense). There are strong aroma chemicals, but they are dominated by what comes across to me as candy or food flavorings amplified to the extreme. I wear gourmands regularly (A*Men, Play Intense, So New York, Rochas Man, Pi, etc.), but this one goes where no man should ever venture (just kidding, of course). On the other hand, if you want to announce your arrival from a mile away, this may be your best choice!
09th November, 2014
Not as soul-abusive as you might deduce from reading the reviews here. Yes, a gourmand (UPDATED BELOW), and it's a pleasant enough one at that. And while the scent has a certain degree of refinement, it comes at the cost of retreading familiar ground while mistaking a sense of restraint for elegance. Others in this realm (A*men, Givenchy Very Irresistible) might be more uncouth, but they have personality for ages while this shrinking violet disappears almost completely. Not bad, but needs to grow some teeth, luxury be damned.

UPDATE: The more I wear this, the less I want to call it a gourmand. It has a floral (Iris?) note that almost pervades the scent to me, while the hazelnut has faded far into the background and the cocoa almost completely disappears to me. I actually find the combination to be quite jarring. Jarring but inoffensive in the worst way.

I don't like the combination in the same way I abhor orange and vanilla together. A lot of people adore the creamsicle/orange julius thing. To me, the first thought of orange and vanilla paired enters my mind as extremely acidic orange mixing with sickly sweet vanilla creaminess, and I visualize it as the sharp acid curdling the once-unctuous cream into something resembling the contents of a warmed-over puke bucket stationed at the most notorious small-county carnival ride on a steamy summer day. That's a combo that surely should exist only in the bowels of Hell.

Surprisingly, I'm still not 100% thumbs down on Uomo though. But it's getting pretty clashy to me.
11th September, 2014 (last edited: 14th November, 2014)
Kaern Show all reviews
Gives 'gourmands' a bad name. Too sweet and 'perfumey'

I find the whole fragrance to be a fake and very unoriginal.

But hey, it's all relative in 'designer' world.
08th September, 2014

Add your review of Uomo

Shop for Uomo products online

Shop for Uomo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Uomo