Uomo (2014)

HouseValentino
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Uomo

Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Uomo

Sex Art Booze Love and
Starbucks Dark Barrel Latte.
Barista stories.
25th June, 2017
I'm willing to give most things by Olivier Polge a chance, but there is not much to get excited by here. Sure, it has some things going for it. It's certainly an accessible and palatable take on the gourmand. Personally, though, I don't find it up to muster.

To start with, it is extremely linear. After some thought, I managed to place the familiar accords: the cocoa and pastry-type scents are the final stage of L'Instant de Guerlain. But VU completely lacks the journey that LIDG takes you on to get there - little citrus, no jasmin, none of that wonderful set of transitions.

Another obvious comparison is with the Dior Homme family. Again, although I am no fan of the regular Dior Homme, VU lacks the challenging iris component of the Diors. I feel it also suffers by comparison with them in terms of performance.

Put simply, if I was in the market for an accessible gourmand, I would look elsewhere. There are better choices at all price points. And when I say better, that's not to underestimate the warming and comforting qualities that VU undoubtedly has and which has clearly earned it a following. All I mean to say is that for the same price (LIDG, Dior) or an additional investment (Frapin's 1270, New Haarlem) you can obtain something edgier and more interesting; if you really must go this safe it's possible to save some money.

Assuming there is at least an element in perfume purchases of expressing an identity or subjectivity: that bottle is far too bling for my tastes.
19th February, 2017
I only buy what I love, not like, not that's ok, not because someone else likes. Another master piece of Bergamot, coffee, chocolate, & leather. Man I love this
13th January, 2017
Tested this fragrance on test paper at Nordstrom, fell in love the minute I breathed it in. I didn't need to try it on my skin to know how the scent will be on my body. You just know you found that fragrance that will make your day a bit happier.

The fragrant is unique, it is definitely not a general scent. I have not smelled anything close to this. The heart note have the smell of caocao and hazelnut. Yet it is not overly sweet or distracting. Subtle and elegant, made for a man that is confident and classy.

Projection is not good, but just decent. The longetivity is good though, what makes this truly worth the buy is the scent. Classy is the best word to describe it, and it is definitely filled with it.
29th December, 2016
A very nice alternative between Dior Homme and those hypersexual gourmand fragrances.
13th August, 2016
I get the references to DHI but, this is totally different. It is much more subdued. Upon first spray, I get a very earthy fruit smell. 15-20 minutes later you definitely smell the coffee/chocolate notes, and the hazelnut cuts the harshness of the coffee. An hour or so and the leather and sandalwood give it an amazing earthiness. I get great sillage and projection, and it lasts 6-7 hours. This really pulls people into your space, wanting to smell you ask what you're wearing, etc. A winner in my book.
04th May, 2016 (last edited: 05th April, 2017)

Add your review of Uomo