Cuir Cannage (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseChristian Dior
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Cuir Cannage

Cuir Cannage is a shared / unisex perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2014

Cuir Cannage fragrance notes

Reviews of Cuir Cannage

I have been sampling this for a few months, testing it at the Dior stores. The first time I tried it I said 'wow' and I still do. It's true that it doesn't bring in new elements and that it is quite similar to Lutens and Knize Ten. But its smell is of exceptional quality and it lasts longer than the others when I made a comparison. So, I got a bottle in the end.

Floral leather fragrances are beautiful and perhaps 'sexy'. There is a juxtaposition of feminine and masculine notes which is compelling. I don't find this feminine and it does not smell like a lady's handbag, not at all.
26th December, 2017
Cuir Cannage is a fairly common worked theme, that although rich in quality, is a replay of more iconic leather fragrances. It reminds me mostly of Knize Ten, maybe a bit like the 90's Mochino pour Homme, but with a more rose centric floral. Knize is the leather fragrance I've worn for many years, so I'm most familiar with it. The floral in Cuir Cannage is mostly a spice rose, and I feel like there might be a hint of cinnamon or saffron underpinning the spice in it. I don't detect orange blossom or jasmine, but I also don't doubt they're there because the fragrance is incredibly well blended. CC has a stronger leather emphasis IMO than Knize Ten as well. A very nice fragrance that I might even consider owning if not for the price. It's different enough, but not anything special enough to spend $200+ on. Neutral for me.
01st December, 2017 (last edited: 02nd December, 2017)
An extremely well done floral leather, in the same vein of Knize Ten and Cuir de Russie. Lacks the powerful petroleum-like accord of the former, and the aldehydes and the ultra-chic sophistication of the latter. The leather is that of handbags and fine leather shoes, and the floral blend has a hint of rose. There is a nice touch of iris, not powdery, balancing the leather. It is very refined, but perhaps not as much as the Chanel. I see Cuir Cannage as an improvement on current Cuir de Russie in terms of volume, which is too thin. However, it is also most stereotyped of the lot, and at times boring. Knize Ten (or Golden Edition) is more engaging, especially if one likes the bold aspects. Sillage is low key and duration is okayish. In this family my easy favourite is actually Cuir Mauresque that adds a balsamic twist to this plot to make things a lot more engaging, and is also more potent than any of these.

Cuir Cannage came out in 2014, interestingly the same year as Hermes released Cuir d'Ange. The two are very different, with only leather being the common thread. Cuir d'Ange is much lighter, with heliotrope, delicate, crisp and even more elegant but eventually too fleeting. I make this comparison because they can be like the leather fragrance for day (Cuir d'Ange) and the leather fragrance in the evening (Cuir Cannage). Ignoring sillage and duration, Cuir d'Ange is also more lovely.

20th October, 2017
I adore Chanel's Cuir de Russie in all its forms, past and present, and I am also a fan of Cuir Mauresque, so this Dior is, unsurprisingly, on my "to buy" list. I find it considerably less spicy smelling than the Lutens, and there is also a deeper, smokey, birch-like aspect that lingers on my clothing, which I adore. Something about this smells wondrously "vintage," plus it is much more sturdy in its projection and longevity than the ephemeral CdR. Unlike others, I find this scent distinctly unisex or androgynous in nature, regardless of the florals it contains, and a man wearing this fragrance would be devastating, while a woman would smell infinitely chic.

Edit: This one and its gorgeous, retro styrax + leather accord has continued to grow on me, and is now sneaking up ever closer to CdR in my estimation. Just waiting for my enormous 8 oz bottle to arrive.
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 16th May, 2018)
Take a rich, smooth, handmade leather bag and then coat the inside with baby powder.

Longevity - 10
Scent - 6.5
Projection - 8
06th June, 2017
Easily a four star frag, I wouldn't doubt if some may believe it's a fiver.

Weird, I can't make out one single note but it just smells so nice, jasminey?........the orange blossom gives it a nice sweet "glow".

It seems many point out the leather as being on the very front, which would make you think cooler weather, though today I wore it on a beautiful sunny, warm day.

Awesome scent for both sexes.

Good longevity, I feel kind of guilty not dressing up for this.
18th June, 2016

Add your review of Cuir Cannage

Shop for Cuir Cannage products online

Search for on eBay United States

CUIR CANNAGE by CHRISTIAN DIOR 7.5ml/0.25oz Splash Mini slightly used

• USD $24.99
  • Time Left: 19 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Christian Dior Cuir Cannage EDP 5ML Glass Travel Spray Atomizer!

• USD $13.99

• USD $9.99
  • Time Left: 11 days

Christian Dior Collection Privée Cuir Cannage

• USD $30.99
  • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 4 days
  • Shipping from: Sweden

Member images of Cuir Cannage

There are no member images of Cuir Cannage yet. Why not be the first?