Journey Man (2014)

HouseAmouage
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PerfumerPierre Negrin

About Journey Man

Journey Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Pierre Negrin and Alberto Morillas

Journey Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Journey Man

This is my favourite of the woody/spicy/male Amouage
scents. Journey is woody, soapy, oriental, spicy, sweet, and luxurious.

It reminded me strongly of Versace Oud Noir. However, the similarity is not as striking anymore. The soapiness, which is a major feature, is not present in Oud Noir, and in return, Journey does not have Oud.

Compared to other offerings from Amouage, Journey is
sweet and soapy, which neither Epic nor Honour are. Both Honour and Epic are stronger, smokier, more peppery. They also tend to address an older crowd than Journey, but that is entirely a matter of taste, of course.

Journey is much less floral than Dia Man. It is kind of similar to Interlude, but the incense is less important in Journey, and its sweetness is different from Interlude's (no oregano here).
22nd August, 2018 (last edited: 08th September, 2018)
hcr Show all reviews
I've only tried Journey and Epic man. So obviously this isn't as strong or loud as Epic. It's a pleasant scent, not overpowering, but just doesn't wow me, not a wrist-sniffer. Would not be worth the price.
14th August, 2018
Stardate 20180519:

Sour pepper, some saffron and incense. Reminds me of hommage by lalique.
Not my thing and the sourness does not work for me in fragrances.
Pass.
19th May, 2018
This was my first try of Amouage... And it remains one of my fave Scents, not only for Amouage.... But also one of my fave frags ever. This is the one that got me into the Amouage collection.
Opens up very Spicy, very Masculine. So unique. If like me you are a fan of the unique Scents, and you wish to smell different from everyone around you, give this one a sample you may be pleasantly Suprised... Slightly boozy too with the Juniper Berry. Simply one of the best frags on the market In my opinion.
23rd December, 2017
If all colognes were this good then all women would be Gal Gadot or Catherine Deneuve. In other words an unspeakably beautiful, masculine fragrance as much as they are themselves feminine ideals, sophisticated, subtle- depending on how they are dressed or here how much you spray, sexy, glamorous well travelled.
This is fairly linear, with a wonderful rich depth, a warm masculine spiciness. It does indeed reflect the old merchant's spice route but there is nothing old about it.
I have not smelt this on anyone else and everyone loves this on me. An instant compliment getter but only if you chose to let them get close enough.
I never advertise anyone's site but I will point people to the best deal on the market from Notino for their 100ml bottle.
This is my stand out favourite fragrance for special occasions.
It may be a bit too rich and spicy as a daily office fragrance but that's a personal decision although it does leave room for a more playful stablemate such as Heeley's excellent Yuzu which I have just bought a full bottle of or for the outstanding dry fresh French Lover by Frederick Malle.

If you were a car man the above three could perhaps be the equivalent of a Maclarren 720S, a Mercedes E63AMG 4WD , and Golf R.

Fragrance: 5/5
Projection: 4/5
Longevity: 4/5
06th December, 2017
Excellent fragrance. Cross between Epic, Interlude & Honour. Class in a bottle! Has one of the greatest tobacco notes that I have ever encountered.
07th November, 2017 (last edited: 12th April, 2018)

Add your review of Journey Man

Shop for Journey Man products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Journey Man

There are no member images of Journey Man yet. Why not be the first?