Black Opium Eau de Parfum (2014)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PerfumerMarie Salamagne
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About Black Opium Eau de Parfum

Black Opium Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Marie Salamagne, Nathalie Lorson, Olivier Cresp and Honorine Blanc

Black Opium Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Opium Eau de Parfum

Southeast Asia is one hot mess.. Literally.

With all thay humidity, dust and smoke from the traffic it is impossible even for an oil based perfume to last for at least 3 hours.

I am impressed with Black Opium. I did not intend to buy this, I was looking forward to get a bottle of Hypnotic Poison but it's always out of stock in the Philippines.

I have this sort of body chemistry that when a perfume is heavily floral or fruit based. The smell changes in an unimpressive scent. I am a vanilla base note person.

So, at first all that blossom, pink pepper and jasmin will hit you. Surprisingly I did not smell any coffee it just went straight to what I am looking for.. That pleasant vanilla scent. And sticks I don't know but I'm sure wearing it for.more than a week.now and I work from 8AM to 8PM at worst and it's still.there! Sweet vanilla scent and very delicate 👍👍
27th January, 2019

This scent starts out with a wind of white sweet florals and pear with a pinch of pink pepper. Very ‘good girl’ or ‘goody two-shoes’

Then it spirals down into darkness of night and seduction.

In the middle notes there is a heat of incense and woods, mixing with the fading florals and dying pear

As it dries down it becomes an almost Marshmallow fluffy vanilla sweetness but the smell of the woodsy incense lingers behind it.

I can see where people get the sugared and creamy coffee in this, but I don’t per say detect coffee, it’s not acidic or bitter but rather a sugary treat.

The longevity and sillage on my skin are impressive, people know me by this scent and I get compliments often. This has become a signature for me.

Side note:
My man wears Nuit de L’Homme Intense by Saint Laurent daily and I think the two Black Opium and Nuit de L’Homme compliment each other well.
06th December, 2018 (last edited: 07th December, 2018)
Black Opium has a strong heart, what coffee can do for a cheap scent. Black opium has heady everything, forming the illusion of an intoxicating scent, but really-just resting on its laurels. A bit. Nonetheless, its top notes are fun and fully sensual, almost naturally grounded by the warmth of vanilla, patchouli and cedar wood. The result interplay is the beginning of a night on the town. Nice enough of a story for Black Opium's composition.
26th December, 2017
I was so disappointed with this perfume. I was so exited to try it and them when I did I couldn't believe just how weak it was I was expecting an explosion of sexy scents and instead I got absolutely nothing
I could barely smell it on my skin......the best thing about this perfume is the advert on television....how misleading that advert is. Nothing sexy about this perfume what so ever. Never mind
22nd November, 2017
Fell in love at first sniff. Distinctive coffee and vanilla smell that I usually fall for. Not too sweet or overpowering and it lingers nicely.
16th November, 2017
I have to give this a neutral because I expected more from YSL. I won't give a comparison to original Opium; there is none. It is as though YSL wanted to jump in, on the "Sweet Style scent" bandwagon.

The first hour of wearing I get vanilla, pear, jasmine, and orange blossom. Too much vanilla for me. After awhile I detect bitter almond and licorice which makes it easier to live with. Then finally when this has settled on my skin I get nice cedar and cashmere wood.

In summation, it comes off as a cheap-girl scent for a couple of hours. Then it begins to show more promise as a scent, recognizable as an offering by the house of YSL.
09th June, 2017 (last edited: 02nd April, 2018)

Add your review of Black Opium Eau de Parfum

BLACK OPIUM NUIT BLANCHE by Yves Saint Laurent 3.0 OZ EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY

End Date: Sunday Feb-17-2019 14:11:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $108.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

yves saint laurent black opium eau de parfum

$37.00 (12 Bids)