Black Opium Eau de Parfum (2014)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PerfumerMarie Salamagne
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About Black Opium Eau de Parfum

Black Opium Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Marie Salamagne, Nathalie Lorson, Olivier Cresp and Honorine Blanc

Black Opium Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Opium Eau de Parfum

I don’t feel it resembles Opium in any way, but it does resemble the floral gourmand fragrances on the market, with a beautiful -is it wine?- twist. It makes me think of a sweeter and cheaper version of Noir de Noir by Tom Ford.
Great performances.
14th March, 2019
This smells lovely and unique on me; lots of pepper, vanilla, and patchouli with that hint of coffee. It has good sillage (projects but inoffensively) and longevity too. However! I've noticed Black Opium changes so much based on your individual body chemistry, more so than many other perfumes I've tried. On my mother, it smells just like super sweet berries with a hint of something bitter. It's not bad by any means, but it's not what it smells like in the bottle or on me. It smelled much more generic on her. That's why I'm rating this as Neutral; it's really important to test this one out beforehand to know what you can expect.
20th February, 2019
Southeast Asia is one hot mess.. Literally.

With all thay humidity, dust and smoke from the traffic it is impossible even for an oil based perfume to last for at least 3 hours.

I am impressed with Black Opium. I did not intend to buy this, I was looking forward to get a bottle of Hypnotic Poison but it's always out of stock in the Philippines.

I have this sort of body chemistry that when a perfume is heavily floral or fruit based. The smell changes in an unimpressive scent. I am a vanilla base note person.

So, at first all that blossom, pink pepper and jasmin will hit you. Surprisingly I did not smell any coffee it just went straight to what I am looking for.. That pleasant vanilla scent. And sticks I don't know but I'm sure wearing it for.more than a week.now and I work from 8AM to 8PM at worst and it's still.there! Sweet vanilla scent and very delicate 👍👍
27th January, 2019

This scent starts out with a wind of white sweet florals and pear with a pinch of pink pepper. Very ‘good girl’ or ‘goody two-shoes’

Then it spirals down into darkness of night and seduction.

In the middle notes there is a heat of incense and woods, mixing with the fading florals and dying pear

As it dries down it becomes an almost Marshmallow fluffy vanilla sweetness but the smell of the woodsy incense lingers behind it.

I can see where people get the sugared and creamy coffee in this, but I don’t per say detect coffee, it’s not acidic or bitter but rather a sugary treat.

The longevity and sillage on my skin are impressive, people know me by this scent and I get compliments often. This has become a signature for me.

Side note:
My man wears Nuit de L’Homme Intense by Saint Laurent daily and I think the two Black Opium and Nuit de L’Homme compliment each other well.
06th December, 2018 (last edited: 07th December, 2018)
Black Opium has a strong heart, what coffee can do for a cheap scent. Black opium has heady everything, forming the illusion of an intoxicating scent, but really-just resting on its laurels. A bit. Nonetheless, its top notes are fun and fully sensual, almost naturally grounded by the warmth of vanilla, patchouli and cedar wood. The result interplay is the beginning of a night on the town. Nice enough of a story for Black Opium's composition.
26th December, 2017
I was so disappointed with this perfume. I was so exited to try it and them when I did I couldn't believe just how weak it was I was expecting an explosion of sexy scents and instead I got absolutely nothing
I could barely smell it on my skin......the best thing about this perfume is the advert on television....how misleading that advert is. Nothing sexy about this perfume what so ever. Never mind
22nd November, 2017

YVES SAINT LAURENT BLACK OPIUM EDP 1.6oz, See Details

$24.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 11:19:43 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

BLACK OPIUM Wild Edition Yves Saint Laurent 1.6 OZ 50 ML EDP SPRAY NEW white box

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 13:08:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $54.14

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium 1.6oz Women's Eau de Parfum

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 15:46:41 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $88.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BLACK OPIUM NUIT BLANCHE YVES SAINT LAURENT 90ML EDP TESTER WOMEN NEW IN BOX.

End Date: Monday Apr-22-2019 16:57:20 PDT