Reserve for Men (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseExpress
PerfumerRichard Herpin

About Reserve for Men

Reserve for Men is a masculine fragrance by Express. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Richard Herpin

Reserve for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Reserve for Men

This review is for the current, clear formulation.

It opens fresh, clean and generic, very much like a dryer sheet. As it dries down, you start to get spices with a mixed drink. My first thought was almond like amaretto but turns out there is a brandy note listed. Seems like a perfect daytime, work scent. Perfect if you're just looking for a few hours worth of wear and modest projection.

Performance is average if not a little weak. 4-5 hours longevity and projection that creates a small scent bubble during those hours.
18th December, 2018
This is my first review and I should state that I am nowhere near the nose that most people are around here. I love this stuff though. I bought a pair of jeans and the person at the store sprayed it on my wrists. I had no intention of purchasing cologne that day. I left the store and I kept getting whiffs of the cologne as I continued shopping and it was intoxicating. I loved it. I had to go back and buy a bottle. I have a lot of samples and other bottles, some of the highest rated and most loved juices out there, but this one is pretty much my favorite. Maybe its just a product of me being such a rookie nose, but I think its great. Worth mentioning this is the newer formulation, its clear, no color.
12th December, 2018
I have the Vintage dark brown juice. It starts off very synthetic and cheap smelling. Like a low quality $10 fragrance, with no distinguishing characteristics. But after 45 minutes or so it turns into something very creamy woody and spicy. Very nice sexy/clean scent. I haven't smelled the current clear formulation 9/10.

08th March, 2016
Some opt for the "fresh spicy" label for Express' first men's scent, Reserve, but to me, there's nothing terribly fresh about it. The "warm spicy" label works better.

Unfortunately, there's nothing terribly special about it---there's a remotely boozy, spicy, and even quasi amber aspect to it, but something about it is unsettling. It doesn't really work well in any of those categories, but is rather awkwardly at the intersection of them. I don't even get the lemon (listed in the notes) at the opening---no brightness or freshness.

I imagine this is the newest formulation, but I've heard better things about the vintage formulation as of late, and unfortunately, I don't even remember it all that way.

It's unimpressive with respect to projection and longevity, but it's to be expected at the price point. I at least obtained a 30ml bottle during a Black Friday 50% off but I'll probably pass this on to a friend.

I could see many men liking this, or it even working for some women, but it simply depends on whether it's your type of spicy---it's generic but that doesn't mean it's bad for you; it just doesn't do anything for me. Archetypically mediocre and slightly unsettling.

5 out of 10
14th December, 2015

Add your review of Reserve for Men

Shop for Reserve for Men products online

Shop for Reserve for Men at online perfumeries

Express 1.7 oz Loyalty Mens Cologne Gift Set w/Reserve and Loyalty Travel Sprays

End Date: Saturday Mar-23-2019 16:02:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $49.00

EXPRESS RESERVE 1,7 FL OZ EDC MENS FRAGRANCE

End Date: Sunday Mar-24-2019 16:26:56 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $28.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Express Reserve for Men Cologne & Body Wash Gift Set MADE IN USA limited edition

End Date: Monday Mar-25-2019 14:22:20 PDT

EXPRESS RESERVE Gold Coast 1.7 oz Men's Eau de Cologne NiB! Sealed *Authentic*

End Date: Saturday Mar-30-2019 13:33:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $23.33

Member images of Reserve for Men

There are no member images of Reserve for Men yet. Why not be the first?