Wood Sage & Sea Salt (2014)
by Jo Malone London

Wood Sage & Sea Salt information

Year of Launch2014

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerChristine Nagel
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Launching in September 2014, Wood Sage & Sea Salt is inspired by the English Coast, and was the last Jo Malone fragrance to be created by Christine Nagel before her move to Hermès in 2014.

Jo Malone say

Escape the everyday along the windswept shore. Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited and totally joyful.

Reviews of Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Wood Sage & Sea Salt is a pleasant scent from Jo Malone that should really be thought of as a layering base for one of their other fruity or spice fragrances. What you read is what you get. It has a soft wood (cedar perhaps?) and a light, breezy salt accord. On it's own it dissipates too quickly, but paired with another JM fragrance it creates olfactory heaven. My personal favorite is to layer it with Blackberry & Bay, or Earl Grey & Cucumber. Oddly amazing that it works, pairs itself divinely.

I have to give it a Neutral on it's own, but a Thumbs Up as a layering base.
13th October, 2017
Big thumbs-up from me for Wood, Sage & Sea Salt from Jo Malone. Very nice fragrance. Smells classy and is, as mentioned, very light and non offensive to those around you, but it puts off such a pleasant woody, slightly salty, herbal fragrance that I just love it. I don't typically like the salty fragrances when they're combined with sweet, fruity accords, so this was a welcome salty experience. I would like a little better longevity and sillage, but it still lasted about four and a half hours on me before I couldn't detect it anymore without difficulty. I'd love to have a bottle of this in my collection. An extremely nice summer scent.
07th July, 2016
Got a mini as a welcome gift.

It's light and inoffensive - but that's the Jo Malone brand in general. As a rule, one should not expect beastmode fragrances from this house. And true to its name, it's a woody salty fragrance that's a unique composition. Not fruity, not citrus, not an aquatic - and it really shines in high heat. Worth a sniff if you want a different kind of high-heat fragrance.
12th June, 2016
I had tempered my expectations based on previous reviews. This has exceeded expectations by more than a little.

Sprayed on my wrist, the longevity is fleeting, but on my chest, I catch pleasant glimpses of this throughout the day. Silage is still less than your average fragrance, but I wouldn't wear this to impress. If price were not a barrier, I'd wear this to uplift. It's intimate, and I find that desirable. A nice choice for the office on a cloudy spring day (today was 50 and overcast in my neck of the woods).

Mostly I pick up the salty/herbal vibe of this fragrance. Because there's not a strong fruity or citrus note, this feels less "fun in the sun" and more mature to my amateur nose. I'm late 20s, for reference.

Overall execution is spot-on. My only complaint is price, but this isn't a fragrance made for the masses. In that sense, the exclusiveness that might come with this is part of the overall pleasure of wearing it. Only a certain type of man will wear this. I don't think I'm quite that man yet, but it's a man I would strive to become.
20th April, 2016
Clean woody scent that won't offend anyone. Pretty safe, but nothing groundbreaking about it. I do like it, but for the price I wouldn't buy it. 7/10
11th December, 2015
Insipid. Smells like pantene shampoo (which is not bad but not worth $100) I did not smell sage or sea salt.

Save your money.
18th October, 2015

Add your review of Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Shop for Wood Sage & Sea Salt products online

Search Amazon for Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Member images of Wood Sage & Sea Salt

There are no member images of Wood Sage & Sea Salt yet. Why not be the first?