Costa Azzurra (2014)

SupplierGivaudan
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Costa Azzurra

Costa Azzurra is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Costa Azzurra fragrance notes

Reviews of Costa Azzurra

With a billion bright/loud/bitter/dank/etc. citrusy summer scents to whisk you from grove to supermarket to luau, Costa Azzurra is more like a Friday afternoon on a bar patio with the coworkers you actually enjoy. Low-key enough to be considered professional, relaxed enough to be surprisingly pleasant.
07th July, 2017
nice for daily wear, office appropriate. unique scent. my first of the private blend to own. performance not nearly at the level of tobacco vanille or oud wood...
12th March, 2017
A light woody aquatic with a large dose of lavender. OK fragrance, but not for me. There's a spicy note in there that I don't really like. That was the deal breaker for me. 6/10
26th October, 2015
CA is another of the TF Private Line that stands out to me and IMO is the best of the non-oud, non-tobacco fragrances. It's the best warm weather fragrance in the line and really at the top of the aquatic, fresh fragrance category. As other reviews have noted, the notes are more numerous than those listed. I especially get a very authentic lime in the opening that unlike many citrus openings or citrus fragrances, seems to last through the entire duration. I wouldn't classify CA as a citrus-aquatic though, as the scent develops it's clearly a woody-aquatic with a citrus note. The dry down is fresh, if not soft wood, that I take to be a cypress, but a vanilla balances it away from the hollow wood tone and sends it in a more velvet direction.

CA has decent performance, with my sample giving me 5 hours of average sillage, and 12 hours + longevity if sprayed on clothing. Could be worn easily in the office or casually, Spring and Summer. Really a high quality fragrance that stands out in the overly crowded, ubiquitous aquatic genre.

A sure Thumbs Up and wardrobe mainstay.
21st September, 2015 (last edited: 16th November, 2015)
Tom Ford Costa Azzurra is an usual marine composition of driftwood, seaweed, oud, and vanilla. It embodies the beach and the ocean together in a way that I occasionally detect, for example, in Nautica Oceans, where the saltiness and near-bitterness are captured. CA has sweet vanilla, as well, though, so it does deviate from a purely natural beach smell in that respect. Not surprisingly, it starts out harsher and evolves into a sweeter dry down where the vanilla is expressed more.

I've heard comparisons to Bond No. 9 Montauk and a host of other scents that I'm unfamiliar with, but CA still scores high with me in the uniqueness factor. It's a departure from most genres of aquatics, beach smells, citruses, etc. and so it has a welcome place in the TF Private Blend line. While its projection and longevity pale in comparison to its cold weather kin (Tobacco Vanille, Noir de Noir, Italian Cypress), it still performs strongly in both respects, but I can understand why a warm weather fragrance over $200 can be a challenge to justify.

I'd certainly recommend at least trying it out since it's off the beaten path. I enjoy it as a warm weather option--it surely doesn't seem like typical Creeds, let alone designers, in the "fresh" realm, and rightly so, since it isn't purely fresh. I'm still puzzled by it to some extent but it fills an artistic beachy void in my collection.

8 out of 10
26th August, 2015
An intriguing scent. I found a fresh-citrus opening, quickly joined by a complex herbal note. Other reviewers have mentioned a more complete note list than that on BN. For me, the herbal note settles into the "thyme" category, a sort which I can appreciate but can be overdone. Even here, I think I would find the scent to be tiresome in the long run. Thus, although I applaud its dryness and herbal qualities, I won't be getting it.
02nd August, 2015

Add your review of Costa Azzurra

Shop for Costa Azzurra products online

Search Amazon for Costa Azzurra

Member images of Costa Azzurra

There are no member images of Costa Azzurra yet. Why not be the first?