Mandarino di Amalfi (2014)
by Tom Ford

Mandarino di Amalfi information

Year of Launch2014

HouseTom Ford
PerfumerCalice Asancheyev-Becker
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Mandarino di Amalfi

Mandarino di Amalfi is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Calice Asancheyev-Becker

Mandarino di Amalfi fragrance notes

Reviews of Mandarino di Amalfi

Sharp, spicy, lemony-orange opening followed by a salty, musky scent that should be very appropriate for summer.

Projection is average and longevity is in the 5-6 hour range before it becomes hard to detect.
11th July, 2017
A nice burst of mandarin orange, then an underlying salty aquatic vibe begins to take the fore front. I'm not a fan of aquatics, but I like the smell of thousands of mandarin oranges floating on the warm water of a gulf lagoon. This smells like you're sitting in the sand on the beach with the waves pushing the mandarin oranges around you with the accompanying smell of salty surf and sweat. It's just a slight sweat mixed with the surf and the mandarin orange smell, but it's quite pleasant to me. A nice, pleasant summer scent that I'd like to own. I find my self wondering how I'll get my hands on a bottle when I'm on a self imposed no buy rule at the moment. Of the Tom Ford Private Collection, Neroli Portofino, Mandarino d' Amalfi and Italian Cypress are the ones I've enjoyed thus far.
15th June, 2016
This smells like a mandarin orange or clementine. I just don't like smelling like a fruit.
27th November, 2015
TF MdA has a simple composition of a nice zesty lemon tree and mint that stays linear for about 4 hours. After that it's a very nice citrus-mandarin skin scent that lingers for about 2 hours. Fantastic summer scent that really stands out in terms of scent and performance.

While I'm not a huge fan of Tom Ford's Private Line, both the citrus-aquatic Mandarino di Amalfi, and the woody-aquatic Costa Azzurra are truly outstanding fragrances that IMO are the very best in their class.

A definitive Thumbs Up.
30th September, 2015 (last edited: 16th November, 2015)
The previous reviews by Adama and Calvin are spot-on. A very nice smell of freshly peeled mandarin with a light touch of herbs/mint. Becomes darker, more bitter and mintier after 2 hours.

This does not sound very special, BUT: My nose is quite sensitive to citrus smells. Most citruses smell very sharp and synthetic to me. Stuff like Neroli Portofino and TDH Parfum are almost unbearable for me during the first 30 minutes. I get none of that with Mandarino di Amalfi. It smells perfectly natural and never gets cloying or sticky, even on the hottest summer days.

So this is basically a valuable alternative to your typical citrus summer scent. And one of the most underestimated ones for sure.
20th August, 2015
2 - 3 hours then a skin secent for next 6 hours but will stay on shirt if sprayed for three days or more. Most importantly I love it only if it lasted longer.
19th July, 2015