Nuit d'Issey (2014)

SupplierIFF
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Nuit d'Issey

Nuit d'Issey is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Loc Dong and Dominique Ropion. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Nuit d'Issey fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuit d'Issey

My goodness. I didn't realize I could be so overwhelmed by a cologne.

True story of my first use: I put on three sprays, hearing stories about its strength-those stories didn't do this justice. My senses were assaulted by an extremely unpleasant combination of grapefruit and pepper, both hyper-synthetic. Going to work, my car was so filled with the smell that I had to keep the window open (in Wisconsin in January) halfway, and stand outside for 15 minutes before entering the workplace in fear of being tar and feathered, then tarred again to hold the scent in. It lasted all day-I washed my neck and arms to get rid of it changed shirts and still into the night: I couldn't sleep because after 14-16 hours, the scent was still working on disrupting my sanity. I had nightmares and a hard time sleeping, I finally had to shower in nearly the middle of the night to get it off.

I didn't realize scents could stick around that long. If you are looking for extreme longevity/sillage, I believe you found the king: me personally, with these notes I'll be likely setting sail from this failed experiment as soon as possible.

5/10 (if just for unheard of longevity)
26th February, 2018
I really liked the opening where the citrus and darker elements play together. However the citrus which is the original Issey fragrance dissipates in under 60 seconds and incense takes over. To me this gives a very 80s vibe, which can be a good thing if you like it. I don't. It got very boring for me.
I think this is what AdG profumo does so well. Profumo brings out incense but never loses the central DNA and that combination is ethereal. I would have loved Nuit to do the same, but it doesn't.
It's not a bad fragrance if you are into incense and 80s style.

Projection is decent but longevity on me wasn't good at all. It lasted about 5 hours only.
Overall neutral or slightly lower rating from me
24th September, 2017
(I am reviewing Nuit d'Issey Parfum, which doesn't have it's own basenotes.net page at the moment.)

Fragrance profile of Nuit d'Issey Parfum:

Top Notes=Grapefruit, Pink Pepper
Heart Notes=Leather, Vanilla
Base Notes=Patchouli, Tonka

A rich, smooth, and deep flanker of Nuit d'Issey EdT.

The initial spray-on hits with a flash of citrus and spice that dissipates after a minute or so. Then, the intensity is achieved with the pairing of leather and vanilla in the heart, which last and last! The base serves as a great foundation, delicately intertwining with the awesome heart notes.

I can also liken Nuit d'Issey Parfum as partially resembling Hanae Mori's HM EdP scent...same rich, deep character but without the extensive gourmand notes. Having enjoyed Hanae Mori HM for years, I can say that Nuit d'Issey Parfum echoes HM up to the Tonka bean note and minus the chocolate and vanilla.

In the same vein as other intense-type fragrances (like my other recent big favorites, Armani Code Profumo and 1 Million Prive): A full sensation that envelopes and stays potent and predictable, evoking reverie and wonder throughout the wear cycle.

Had to buy a bottle after such a positive experience trying out a sample. If you like the original EdT, you will very much enjoy Nuit d'Issey Parfum. ;^>
14th February, 2017 (last edited: 15th February, 2017)
After a very bright citrus fruity opening it transcends into a hippy type fragrance with a beautiful incense dry down ..I really enjoy this fragrance as it's a bit different from my others ..I get vibes of kokorico and aqua Di gio profumo..lasts a good while for an edt also ..projects good too.

*the parfum version is also excellent but focuses more on the patchouli and insence and as you'd expect has better longivity, is less projecting but has a deeper closer to the skin vibe*

both excellent in my opinion and my favorite flankers from Issey miyake.
27th January, 2017
A pleasing "mall" scent, you know, the smell when you walk by Sephora. I enjoy that smell so this works for me. Familiar citrus top notes, freshened up with vetiver in the middle notes and then finished off with sweet tonka in the base. A crowd pleaser but probably not compliment bait. If someone didn't tell me this was an Issey Miyake scent, I would not have guessed it as it doesn't really remind me of the original at all. Projection is average.
26th January, 2017
Tried a lot of samples trying to find a good winter scent. This was recommended by the sales lady so I got 5ml to try and used it twice. The notes are all ones I like so it's almost like they had to try for me not to like it. Well they succeeded. I expected it to dry down like similar fragrances but it never reached that subdued vibe I like. There's plenty of people that will like this, just personally it didn't jive with me.
06th December, 2016

Add your review of Nuit d'Issey

Shop for Nuit d'Issey products online

Search for on eBay United States

(New in Box) Nuit D'Issey by Issey Miyake for Men Eau De Toilette Spray 6.7 oz

• USD $57.99
  • Time Left: 13 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Men 4.2 oz 125 ML Parfum Spray Brand New Sealed Box

• USD $48.99

Issey Miyake Nuit D'issey 4.2 Oz EDT Spray New Tester Cologne Men W/ Cap

• USD $39.55
  • Time Left: 25 days

Member images of Nuit d'Issey

There are no member images of Nuit d'Issey yet. Why not be the first?