Nuit d'Issey (2014)

PerfumerLoc Dong
SupplierIFF
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Nuit d'Issey

Nuit d'Issey is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Loc Dong and Dominique Ropion

Nuit d'Issey fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuit d'Issey

I like this, and worked through a full bottle quite happily. It is not too far removed from the current pepper-and-incense fashion, but with more discernible notes, and a more obviously masculine core of leather and dark woods. Very understated and pleasant. But it's definitely there, though, unlike any other Issey Miyake I have ever tried. Average longevity and sillage. I love the bottle, and would consider it again if I ever had need to wear a dark suit on a frequent basis - it's classy enough for that purpose, I think. Nothing amazing, but a notch above most of the current releases.
31st May, 2016

Citrus opening… not a clear one but could easily be thought of as a Miyake accord. Immediately it is alloyed with the leather, woods, and spices from the heart to create a thoroughly modern accord that is typical of many of the well-made designer fragrances of the past few years. This opening is quite nice in a usual-nice sort of way, but it doesn’t go beyond that. The heart notes hold on competently for a acceptable length of time, and then glide in nicely to the basenotes – a dry vetiver / patchouli with a just a bit of incense as well as a bit of tonka to warm it up. The dry down lasts well and grows a little more synthetic as it ages.

Nuit D'Issey is certainly not a bad fragrance. In fact it is sort of a typical d’Issey considering the opening and, to a lesser extent, the base. It has good sillage and longevity. It has that attractive synthetic aura that the original L’Eau d’Issey PH had, but it doesn’t have anything that makes it especially or uniquely loveable.
17th February, 2016
I wore this for the first time a couple of days ago. I was not pleased with the performance. I was contemplating selling it. I will hold onto it and view this as an around the house scent. Or perhaps a Saturday scent when running errands. Similar to how I treat my Dolce and gabbana intenso.
31st December, 2015
hcr Show all reviews
I want to like this. Definitely get the grapefruit on the start. Something comes out after, I don't know what but it's strange. If I take a big whiff of this off my wrist, I can feel it hit high up in my nose. Not enough to make me sneeze, but just irritating my sinuses or something, and that's very unusual to me. I'm not sure how to rate this. It is less intense Issey Intense, a little less 80's and less incense. I think Intense smells better but I'm not sure I'd wear that out and about. I think this stays a sample.
25th August, 2015
bFlay Show all reviews
Gives a very pure read on a somewhat familiar scent profile. Opens with a deep, bitter citrus note that is both masculine and fresh.Dry down brings a leather and woods quality with a very slight essential oils undertone that could be heavy if not for the continuing citrus notes. This fragrance is a nice cross-generational, day or night type scent that doesn't project much and lasts 6+ hours on skin/clothes.
02nd May, 2015
This fragrance by looking at the note breakdown looks quite different from L'Eau d'Issey line but when you actually smell it, it has a completely familiar vibe.

At the beginning I can smell a little fresh citrusy notes along with a strong aromatic kind of scent and lots of tonka bean.
The fresh feeling of citrusy notes isn't that strong but you can definitely feel it. now mix that with a strong bitter aromatic and kind of woody scent. something like aromatic form of lavender and some woods and maybe some leather but I don't consider this fragrance as a leather based fragrance! it's very aromatic and woody.
Also I can smell lots of tonka bean in this that gives the scent a bitter sweet kind of smell.
This opening somehow, I'm saying it again, somehow reminded me of "Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme" with it's semi fresh and bitter sweet tonka bean combo but at the same time along with some differences as well.

As time passes and in the mid I do get pretty the same smell but now less woody and at the same time with more fresh and more bitter aromatic feel plus some floral notes.
In the mid and base of the fragrance you can definitely smell the standard DNA of L'Eau d'Issey with it's familiar fresh and floral base, but here just less citrusy and floral with adding bitter aromatic notes and more sweetness again in bitter way and woods.
Projection is good and longevity is 7-8 hours on the skin.
Good scent but smells completely familiar but I like it anyway!
28th April, 2015

Add your review of Nuit d'Issey

Shop for Nuit d'Issey products online

Search Amazon for Nuit d'Issey

Member images of Nuit d'Issey

There are no member images of Nuit d'Issey yet. Why not be the first?