Nuit d'Issey (2014)

Average Rating:
    Not enough ratings yet.

Nuit d'Issey Fragrance Notes

Nuit d'Issey information

Nuit d'Issey is a men's fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014 and the bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Shop for Nuit d'Issey products online

75ml EdT
    $64.13*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 41.00)

Reviews of Nuit d'Issey

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

sjg3839's avatar

Sweet, dark and not bad at all. Good night scent. Still get the citrus (dark) and synthetic woods in this one. Overall, I would purchase for a good price. 7/10

09th January, 2015

Manscents2's avatar

I so wanted to love this. The scent strip in the magazine was wonderful, and I liked it in the small sample bottle when I sniffed it, but once it hit my skin it was downhill from there.

On my skin, this started out very clearly citrus, but in an overpowering way. After a while that initial unpleasant (to my nose) scent dissipated and a peppery leather scent appeared. Normally I love leather in cologne but this smelled more like naugahyde. I never got the incense note, but there was a sweetness (presumably the Tonka bean) mixed with wood at the base.

On me, this went on very strong and I thought I had overdone it. However, it diminished fairly quickly and for a few hours there was good projection and sillage, but after about 4 hours it was gone except for a strong skin scent. By about 6 hours it was completely gone off my skin without a trace.

I wore this out to dinner and a club, got several “wow, you smell good” compliments when I was hugged, and it was strong enough early in the evening to compete with other scents in the room. However, I was just not that thrilled with how this worked on me. It came across as a tad too bitter and “fake” smelling to my nose. I do have some left in the sample bottle and may give it another try on a different day just to see if my opinion changes, but as it stands now I would pass on this one myself.

As always, your results may vary!

23rd December, 2014

Surreal's avatar

I think they did the best transformation to the exceptional L'eau d'Issey to a night scent.
    It retains the Issey DNA but its really darker.
    As most Issey offerings Longevity and Silage are not a problem .
    Big thump up!!

17th October, 2014

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Thumbs up because it is a quality fragrance, though mass market. This starts out like an amalgamation of all of Miyake's fragrances for men: perhaps a reminder of what a Miyake should smell like (dry, frosty, citrusy) or just an appeal to those who like Miyake.

Whatever the case, it is a setup for the mid and end: patchouli, leather and incense. Encre Noir with a definitive patchouli edge. In this, it stays true to the nuit moniker and I like it.

Worth a sniff if not bottle worthy. I would buy this but I can replicate the effect with 2 or 3 fragrances already in my collection.

05th October, 2014

Darvant's avatar

What a surprise!! I've approached Nuit d'Issey with skepticism but have to say I like it. Yes of course, the aroma is not unique (being in line with the common fresh dusty woodiness around), natural or stuffs like that but the general olfactory work is more than decent. The aroma is fresh, immediately dry fruity (somewhat lemony and somewhat viney), incensey (in a fluidy way) and effectively really dark. The leather is absolutely notable and well appointed (in the synthetic range) in its link with woods and dry spices (lot of pepper). The note of vetiver is "liquid" and provide a fresh masculine dry down. A dark patchouli is another protagonist on the side of leather and incense. I appreciate a lot the fresh aqueous peppery incense. As soon as the dustiness slightly recedes the fresh leather starts standing out (with its woody undertone) stout and virile. An interesting fragrance.

11th September, 2014 (Last Edited: 07th January, 2015)

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

I don't know where exactly to start, but I'll try. There is this hybrid thing about Nuit, between Encre Noir vetiver not being dominant, quite inhibited and so Nuit is warmer. Strong echo of woody notes, very dry. There's also an echo here of La Luna Rossa/Prada Man and maybe even an echo of Azzaro Night Time. Nuit also somehow slightly touches the gourmand character and the suddenly runs away from it, thus confusing the wearer and maybe surroundings too.

Incense is strong, the echoes of the mentioned fragrances remain, but are no longer dominant, albeit enough to be noticed. The most dominant fling in this fragrance is dry wood that is almost like just about to start burning

This is not a fragrance I would've expected from this house. It was a surprise though, that they even make something named Nuit, then they actually make it the way they make it and there's surprise again.

No disappointment, no lamentations and yet no thrills either. Nuit is like a strange book that one needs to read over and over trying to figure it out. After a while one does not want to read it anymore as each passage is remembered, only contemplation which tries to lead to understanding remains. For how long and how persistent, depends upon the individual.

In dubio pro reo, that's why I'll rate it positive.

29th August, 2014

Add your review of Nuit d'Issey

Search for on eBay United States

• Time Left: 25 days
    Issey Miyake Nuit D'Issey Eau De Toilette Pour Homme 15ml/ 0.5oz Natural Spray
    • Time Left: 10 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Issey Miyake NUIT D'Issey Pour Homme EDT Sample Trial Card Stripe woody spicy
    L'eau D'issey Nuit Cologne Issey Miyake 4.2 Eau De Toilette Spray New Sealed
    NUIT D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake 2.5 oz ( 75 ml ) EDT Spray Men NEW IN BOX SEALED
    Nuit D'issey by Issey Miyake 2.5 oz / 75 ml Eau de Toilette Spray Men New
    Issey Miyake Nuit D' Issey 2.5 oz / 75 ml Men Cologne Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    ISSEY MIYAKE NUIT D' ISSEY 4.2 oz / 125 ML EDT SPRAY MEN NEW FRAGRANCE 2014 !!
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now