Nuit d'Issey (2014)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
PerfumerLoc Dong
SupplierIFF

About Nuit d'Issey

Nuit d'Issey is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Loc Dong and Dominique Ropion

Nuit d'Issey fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuit d'Issey

bFlay Show all reviews
Gives a very pure read on a somewhat familiar scent profile. Opens with a deep, bitter citrus note that is both masculine and fresh.Dry down brings a leather and woods quality with a very slight essential oils undertone that could be heavy if not for the continuing citrus notes. This fragrance is a nice cross-generational, day or night type scent that doesn't project much and lasts 6+ hours on skin/clothes.
02nd May, 2015
This fragrance by looking at the note breakdown looks quite different from L'Eau d'Issey line but when you actually smell it, it has a completely familiar vibe.

At the beginning I can smell a little fresh citrusy notes along with a strong aromatic kind of scent and lots of tonka bean.
The fresh feeling of citrusy notes isn't that strong but you can definitely feel it. now mix that with a strong bitter aromatic and kind of woody scent. something like aromatic form of lavender and some woods and maybe some leather but I don't consider this fragrance as a leather based fragrance! it's very aromatic and woody.
Also I can smell lots of tonka bean in this that gives the scent a bitter sweet kind of smell.
This opening somehow, I'm saying it again, somehow reminded me of "Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme" with it's semi fresh and bitter sweet tonka bean combo but at the same time along with some differences as well.

As time passes and in the mid I do get pretty the same smell but now less woody and at the same time with more fresh and more bitter aromatic feel plus some floral notes.
In the mid and base of the fragrance you can definitely smell the standard DNA of L'Eau d'Issey with it's familiar fresh and floral base, but here just less citrusy and floral with adding bitter aromatic notes and more sweetness again in bitter way and woods.
Projection is good and longevity is 7-8 hours on the skin.
Good scent but smells completely familiar but I like it anyway!
28th April, 2015
Opens with a tart citrus that is similar to the original Issey, but much shorter in duration and less sweet. The middle and dry down is very pleasant with vetiver, leather, spice and incense. It does get a little dusty towards the end, but still very enjoyable and masculine. Average projection and longevity. Good versatility as it doesn't stray strongly toward any one note. It does remind me somewhat of Chanel Allure in middle onward but perhaps a bit more leathery. A nice safe fragrance. Thumbs Up.

12th April, 2015 (last edited: 30th May, 2015)
Sweet, dark and not bad at all. Good night scent. Still get the citrus (dark) and synthetic woods in this one. Overall, I would purchase for a good price. 7/10
09th January, 2015
I so wanted to love this. The scent strip in the magazine was wonderful, and I liked it in the small sample bottle when I sniffed it, but once it hit my skin it was downhill from there.

On my skin, this started out very clearly citrus, but in an overpowering way. After a while that initial unpleasant (to my nose) scent dissipated and a peppery leather scent appeared. Normally I love leather in cologne but this smelled more like naugahyde. I never got the incense note, but there was a sweetness (presumably the Tonka bean) mixed with wood at the base.

On me, this went on very strong and I thought I had overdone it. However, it diminished fairly quickly and for a few hours there was good projection and sillage, but after about 4 hours it was gone except for a strong skin scent. By about 6 hours it was completely gone off my skin without a trace.

I wore this out to dinner and a club, got several “wow, you smell good” compliments when I was hugged, and it was strong enough early in the evening to compete with other scents in the room. However, I was just not that thrilled with how this worked on me. It came across as a tad too bitter and “fake” smelling to my nose. I do have some left in the sample bottle and may give it another try on a different day just to see if my opinion changes, but as it stands now I would pass on this one myself.

As always, your results may vary!
23rd December, 2014
I think they did the best transformation to the exceptional L'eau d'Issey to a night scent.
It retains the Issey DNA but its really darker.
As most Issey offerings Longevity and Silage are not a problem .
Big thump up!!
17th October, 2014

Add your review of Nuit d'Issey

Shop for Nuit d'Issey products online

Shop for Nuit d'Issey at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nuit d'Issey

Member images of Nuit d'Issey

There are no member images of Nuit d'Issey yet. Why not be the first?