Nuit d'Issey (2014)

SupplierIFF
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Nuit d'Issey

Nuit d'Issey is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Loc Dong and Dominique Ropion. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Nuit d'Issey fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuit d'Issey

(I am reviewing Nuit d'Issey Parfum, which doesn't have it's own basenotes.net page at the moment.)

Fragrance profile of Nuit d'Issey Parfum:

Top Notes=Grapefruit, Pink Pepper
Heart Notes=Leather, Vanilla
Base Notes=Patchouli, Tonka

A rich, smooth, and deep flanker of Nuit d'Issey EdT.

The initial spray-on hits with a flash of citrus and spice that dissipates after a minute or so. Then, the intensity is achieved with the pairing of leather and vanilla in the heart, which last and last! The base serves as a great foundation, delicately intertwining with the awesome heart notes.

I can also liken Nuit d'Issey Parfum as partially resembling Hanae Mori's HM EdP scent...same rich, deep character but without the extensive gourmand notes. Having enjoyed Hanae Mori HM for years, I can say that Nuit d'Issey Parfum echoes HM up to the Tonka bean note and minus the chocolate and vanilla.

In the same vein as other intense-type fragrances (like my other recent big favorites, Armani Code Profumo and 1 Million Prive): A full sensation that envelopes and stays potent and predictable, evoking reverie and wonder throughout the wear cycle.

Had to buy a bottle after such a positive experience trying out a sample. If you like the original EdT, you will very much enjoy Nuit d'Issey Parfum. ;^>
14th February, 2017 (last edited: 15th February, 2017)
After a very bright citrus fruity opening it transcends into a hippy type fragrance with a beautiful incense dry down ..I really enjoy this fragrance as it's a bit different from my others ..I get vibes of kokorico and aqua Di gio profumo..lasts a good while for an edt also ..projects good too.

*the parfum version is also excellent but focuses more on the patchouli and insence and as you'd expect has better longivity, is less projecting but has a deeper closer to the skin vibe*

both excellent in my opinion and my favorite flankers from Issey miyake.
27th January, 2017
A pleasing "mall" scent, you know, the smell when you walk by Sephora. I enjoy that smell so this works for me. Familiar citrus top notes, freshened up with vetiver in the middle notes and then finished off with sweet tonka in the base. A crowd pleaser but probably not compliment bait. If someone didn't tell me this was an Issey Miyake scent, I would not have guessed it as it doesn't really remind me of the original at all. Projection is average.
26th January, 2017
Tried a lot of samples trying to find a good winter scent. This was recommended by the sales lady so I got 5ml to try and used it twice. The notes are all ones I like so it's almost like they had to try for me not to like it. Well they succeeded. I expected it to dry down like similar fragrances but it never reached that subdued vibe I like. There's plenty of people that will like this, just personally it didn't jive with me.
06th December, 2016
I like this, and worked through a full bottle quite happily. It is not too far removed from the current pepper-and-incense fashion, but with more discernible notes, and a more obviously masculine core of leather and dark woods. Very understated and pleasant. But it's definitely there, though, unlike any other Issey Miyake I have ever tried. Average longevity and sillage. I love the bottle, and would consider it again if I ever had need to wear a dark suit on a frequent basis - it's classy enough for that purpose, I think. Nothing amazing, but a notch above most of the current releases.
31st May, 2016

Citrus opening… not a clear one but could easily be thought of as a Miyake accord. Immediately it is alloyed with the leather, woods, and spices from the heart to create a thoroughly modern accord that is typical of many of the well-made designer fragrances of the past few years. This opening is quite nice in a usual-nice sort of way, but it doesn’t go beyond that. The heart notes hold on competently for a acceptable length of time, and then glide in nicely to the basenotes – a dry vetiver / patchouli with a just a bit of incense as well as a bit of tonka to warm it up. The dry down lasts well and grows a little more synthetic as it ages.

Nuit D'Issey is certainly not a bad fragrance. In fact it is sort of a typical d’Issey considering the opening and, to a lesser extent, the base. It has good sillage and longevity. It has that attractive synthetic aura that the original L’Eau d’Issey PH had, but it doesn’t have anything that makes it especially or uniquely loveable.
17th February, 2016

Add your review of Nuit d'Issey

Shop for Nuit d'Issey products online

Search Amazon for Nuit d'Issey

Member images of Nuit d'Issey

There are no member images of Nuit d'Issey yet. Why not be the first?