L'Homme Idéal (2014)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating:
    Not enough ratings yet.

L'Homme Idéal Fragrance notes

Citrus, Rosemary, Orange blossom, Amaretto accord, Tonka bean, Leather, Vetiver, Cedarwood

L'Homme Idéal information

L'Homme Idéal is a men's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2014

Shop for L'Homme Idéal products online

$92.91*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 59.40)
    $75.08*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 48.00)
    $92.28*
    100ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 59.00)

Reviews of L'Homme Idéal

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

Before finally getting a sample (I don’t really hang out in perfume shops) I read a lot of reviews about this, mostly negative, but I was quite sure I would have like this the same, even taking into account its mediocrity, as I admit I have a bit of a “penchant” sometimes for mainstream scents with this type of pyramid – I mean: woods, leather, Guerlain, in the worst scenario it will be just ok. Well, I was disappointed: L’Homme Ideal is less than mediocre for me. Basically it smells of spicy-sweet wood, something reminding of a couple of late (shit) Gucci's, a thin note of synthetic leather, vetiver, a sprinkle of citrus and not much else. A generic spicy-fresh “boisé” to any extent similar to others which you may find at cheaper prices, as much pleasant as uninspired and dull. What disappointed me the most is the actual quality of materials, as far as I can tell: this smells just utter plastic to me. I won’t say it is hideous however, as it isn’t, it obviously smells “decent” in the less fulfilling and interesting meaning ever (artificial, static, linear, in a word: exceedingly boring). The thing in my opinion is that this is stuff Burberry or Ferrari would do, not bloody Guerlain. It’s a “Christmas perfect gift” for your 20-something brother which works at the gym and is running out of 1 Million. Zillions of miles away from a scent standing on the same shelf as Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Derby, Mouchouir de Monsieur, not to mention the glorious feminines or I’ll start to cry. Unworthy its price per se, and surreally depressing for being a Guerlain. For whom may think this represents Guerlain’s ability of taking a “trend” and giving it a “Guerlain’s treatment”: hell not. Where’s the treatment? I only see the (bad) trend.

4,5-5/10

17th January, 2015

gunne's avatar

Great smell. My wife loves it. It's sweet and woody, nice, cousy and calm! A pleasant scent.

14th January, 2015

döfä91's avatar

Finland Finland

The Guerlains get all the time better as they have Thierry Wasser as a house perfumer. L'homme l'eau boisee was a nice surprise, and Idole is even bigger positive experience. An instant favourite of mine and my wife. It's the almond (amaretto) that makes this fragrance, but thanks orange blossom, rosemary and vetiver the scent has its needed herbal freshness and crispiness that add certain edge and won't get too sweet and cloying.

This is all that i wanted L'instant de Guerlain Homme to be but what it never was.

10th January, 2015

Casiquire's avatar

I think I see why this fragrance is getting so much hate--it doesn't smell like a Guerlain. The opening is very sweet, think Givenchy Play Intense or even A*Men (that common comparison is justified). Those two scents pretty accurately define the quality of L'Homme Ideal as well. It starts out with a synthetic blast which dies away in a few seconds but then slowly creeps back in by the time the heart notes come into play. This is a shame because I sort of like the sweeter top notes more than the heart notes which smell a bit hollow and dry due to the obviously synthetic woods. The heart of the fragrance became arid and intensely dry on me, which I feel it wouldn't had they even pretended to use naturals. After a few hours, due to the long-lasting nature of this fragrance, a very nice creamy vanilla base starts to peek through and I think if this base were more present throughout the entire life of the fragrance plus a bit of a stronger Guerlinade accord the whole fragrance would be a winner. Instead the creaminess and nearly-unnoticeable touches of Guerlinade don't come out until the very end when it's just too little too late. I feel as though Guerlain has historically done an amazing job of blending their synthetics in such a way that the overall effect is smooth and natural even though not all the components are natural. This fragrance is a step away from that ideology and when you combine that with the near absence of the Guerlinade you get a scent that smells less like the niche-quality I'm used to and more like a very good drugstore fragrance. Still overall I may find myself buying a bottle once they come down in price a bit. I was very close to rating this "Neutral" but I didn't think that was fair since I may consider buying a bottle down the road. I hope this scent doesn't do too much damage to Wasser's name and I hope they come back to their roots a bit next time around.

21st December, 2014

Aromaphile's avatar

Whilst there are similarities with other well-known fragrances, this new offering from Guerlain is miles ahead in terms of sophistication and smoothness. And the Guerlinade is most definitely there.

I think it's lovely, right from the initial blast of citrus & woods to the bitter almond accord to the creamy, silky tonka and leather accords.

A definite winner for me.

30th November, 2014

Buysblind's avatar

Is L'Homme Ideal a bold and daring presentation from the house of Guerlain? No. But it's a nice fragrance. L'Homme creates a cherry-almond effect that is sweet and immediately reminds me of the fall and winter holidays. Smooth and polished, it's less obnoxious than other popular sweet fragrances such as 1 Million, Fuel for Life, or Spicebomb. The main accord, which smells like a combination of cherry tobacco and marzipan is charming, and in my opinion, different enough from what's typically available on the market. As L'Homme develops, lavender emerges and it moves in the direction of a heavy tonka bean base. There's not much more to it than that. Like it's predecessor, Homme, I find L'Homme Ideal succeeds in smelling modern and appealing to a broad audience, while maintaining enough of a distinct character to separate it from the pack. I haven't smelled anything quite like it and it has the polished touches of a skilled perfumer that set it a notch above the rest. Sillage is very good and longevity about average. Check this one out if you're looking for an easy-to-wear, relatively sweet scent for the cooler months. Avoid it if you dislike gourmands and tonka beans, or demand something edgier from Guerlain.

11th October, 2014

Add your review of L'Homme Idéal

Search for on eBay United States

GUERLAIN L'HOMME IDEAL Eau De Toilette Spray FOR MEN 3.3 Oz / 100 ml NEW IN BOX!
    • Time Left: 29 days
    • Time Left: 21 days
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Eau de Toilette 100ml Fragrance Men EDT NEW #13698
    • Time Left: 29 days
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Weekend Kit 2 EDT 1ml sprays + 3 Shower Gel 7ml each, New
    • Time Left: 3 days