L'Homme Idéal (2014)

PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Homme Idéal

Guerlain say:

The ideal man is a myth. His fragrance, a reality. Guerlain decodes men’s aspirations and creates for them a concentrate of ideal.

The ideal fragrance? Smart, handsome, strong. Three adjectives, three accords for this fresh woody fragrance that will trigger your full potential

The fragrance was launched in 2014, and created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

L'Homme Idéal fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Homme Idéal

My first thought when I sprayed this was that it was reminiscent of Valentino Uomo Intense. Sweetness with a bite that I guess comes from the biter almond and citrus. Tonka citrus leather, is the order I'd go here. Something hints at powderyness without fully committing to it. The more I wear it, the more I like it. At first I considered it a bit too sweet, but as the woody base becomes a bit more prominent in the heart it is quite nice. When the citrus burns off it unmasks the cedarish fake wood smell. This adds a bit of a nose twinge to the tonka to round this flavor out a bit more. The vetiver in the base also gives it a bit of a dryness that I enjoy. A bit more casual than the EDP. Sweet and contemporary, with a classy Guerlain drydown. Thumbs up.
20th February, 2019

A Bakewell tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell beneath layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of flaked almonds. With a glacé cherry on top.

Ideal?
Quite tasty with Tea for two ...

Good longevity on my skin 7 hours
Common dry down like most designers
Post 2010

24th January, 2019
I think this is quite sweet, probably from the almond in the Amaretto accord, although somehow I think of strawberries, and this makes me think of a similar accord I get from Paco Rabanne Black XS. Possibly the tonka and orange blossom are contributing to the sweetness too.

I prefer the EDP to this, but it is still a nice, good quality fragrance.
02nd January, 2019
Beautiful almond and tonka fragrance...

I absolutely love the notes combination here. This fragrance has that sweet, nutty almond facet combined with the tonka bean aspect. The orange blossom also gives a nice, fresh aspect to it (especially when combined with the citrus). The leather and cedar round off the base here. It's a lovely lovely fragrance.

I see this one as very playful and laid back. It doesn't take itself too seriously. I also think that it would be a great hit with a lot of people. Nothing negative here. Just the right amount of gourmand sweetness and playfulness. I can see myself wearing this fragrance a lot. Refreshing and sweet, with just enough woody base and masculine aspects to keep it going. Extremely well made. I like it very much.
26th August, 2018
Intrigued by some of the reactions that this fragrance has evoked, comparable perhaps to a certain striped torso and a gold bar, both of which I find rather harmless considering some of the reactions they seem to evoke, I decided to smell it myself for the first time. In a somewhat uptight fragrance section of a shop with a history which may be reaching back comparatively afar as this perfume house. I have understanding for initial reactions wherein the scent comes across as pretentious. My first reaction literally was to shake my head. However, this association should apply primarily to the person, the character of the person who is wearing it. There I am in the store still, in another section, and I notice something. I must have sprayed a bit onto one of my fingers as I noticed that the scent has been following me. This may have been accidental, but it allowed me to better get to know the scent. I believe that this fragrance, perhaps because of its name, might be interpreted in ways which may not have been not intended. If you look closely, a somewhat hidden message is included on the box, stating that the ideal man does not exist. I would think that this indirectly means that this fragrance is what one makes of it. I imagined chunks of crystallised maple syrup being placed on a hot frying pan, with a little bit of an aromatic oil such as argan or sesame added. This imagination is then being deglazed with perhaps a concentrated herbal tea. In hindsight, said maple chunks may be in a frozen state. I am intrigued by it for being rather weighty and dense and yet also refreshingly sparkly. A fragrance which happens to convey a certain abstraction to me and this is something that I really like. I have to add that I have been testing the fragrance over the course of the past two to three weeks, even going as far as layering both main concentrations in order to try and recreate the initial experience that I describe here, where I sampled both as well and where I may have, at least partly, accidentally layered both. However, I may have overdone this so I may now have a better understanding for those who do not like it. Interestingly also, the frequently mentioned cherry element has appeared over time and I will have to see but there might be relevance to this because I do not particularly like their synthesised smell.
10th August, 2018 (last edited: 23rd December, 2018)
This smells like it's built around the same aroma chemical used in D&G La Force 11 (and maybe, from more distant memory, D&G The One for Men).

It's slightly less harsh here than D&G La Force 11, making it more wearable. It's not too bad to sample, but it's the kind of thing I think I would get tired of fairly quickly, too harshly chemical smelling.

Mixed in the the chemical-smelling woody amber base is a tobacco-type smell, which is bringing to mind D&G The One for Men, and which is a nice addition, but probably doing no more than making this one wearing bearable. This is one where I probably won't even finish the 1-ml sample.
05th February, 2018

Add your review of L'Homme Idéal

Shop for L'Homme Idéal products online

Shop for L'Homme Idéal at online perfumeries

L'HOMME IDEAL COLOGNE BY GUERLAIN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.3 FL.OZ. (T)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 7:22:03 PST
Buy It Now for only: $49.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'HOMME IDEAL BY GUERLAIN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.3 FL.OZ. (T)

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 7:24:05 PST

Guerlain 'L'Homme Ideal' EDT 3.3oz & Shower Gel 2.5oz Gift Set

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 8:52:10 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.99

GUERLAIN L'HOMME IDEAL EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.3 FL.OZ. NIB

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 13:24:16 PST
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

GUERLAIN L'HOMME IDEAL COLOGNE EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.3 FL.OZ.

End Date: Friday Feb-22-2019 13:40:13 PST