Tart's Knicker Drawer (2014)
by 4160 Tuesdays

Tart's Knicker Drawer information

Year of Launch2014
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Tart's Knicker Drawer

Formerly known as Tart's Boudoir. The bottle illustration was designed by Lucie Gray. Perfumer Sarah McCartney says this fragrance is "a little bit too grown-up!"

Tart's Knicker Drawer fragrance notes

Reviews of Tart's Knicker Drawer

Enormous fruit bomb at first. Slight effervescence from something here. The top notes merge right into the middle notes. The raspberry note really stand out for me. I'm not a huge fan of berries but, I kind of like it here. The whole thing is like a light syrup, bordering on fruit-filling, or fruit candy-chews.

I begin to smell rose, sandalwood, and violet as the top begins to settle. Other woods & flowers are blended - not easy to discern. The heart is a lightly sweet, airy powdery thing. Raspberry seems to linger in the middle, like a juvenile, pink cloud.

Anything "pink or red" maintains its reign here, with a small addition of jasmine. The base is a typical, calming mixture with vanilla standing out. Tobacco is lost on me - I never smell any.
03rd February, 2019
Whoa, blast of berries opening! No mistaking the bergamot either, and the peppercorns add a little sharpness to the sweet fruit. This is powdered raspberry drink territory for sure, or maybe Skittles.

As it heads toward the heart at about the 20-minute mark, florals emerge: I can pick out the violet and rose, but not the jasmine and thankfully not any tuberose either.

I'm waiting for this to grow up a little with the appearance of some sandalwood and tobacco, but it has trundled along that raspberry & violets path for a good 90 minutes or so, trailing some pretty powerful sillage along behind it. (After about 3 hours, I did perceive some quite nice soft tobacco, but it was having an awful tussle with that raspberry to fight its way to the spotlight.)

Where are the Knickers? And for that matter, where is the Tart? I'd actually settle for the inside of the Tart's handbag at this point, especially if she had some iris-y lipstick in there. As it stands, I think a more appropriate name for it would be Debutante's BonBon Box.

Another scent for which I am not the target audience, but I could imagine this being very popular with a teenage or pre-teen crowd.

Longevity: I gave up at 3 hours, long before the fragrance did.

05th October, 2017

Add your review of Tart's Knicker Drawer

Member images of Tart's Knicker Drawer

There are no member images of Tart's Knicker Drawer yet. Why not be the first?