My Burberry (2014)

HouseBurberry
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
Parent CompanyBurberry

About My Burberry

My Burberry is a feminine perfume by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

My Burberry fragrance notes

Reviews of My Burberry

I recently received a sample of My Burberry by Burberry from the local Macy’s, stuffed it in my bag, and promptly forgot about it. To be honest, I was not that excited to try it and figured that I would save it for a rainy day when I had nothing better to do. Anyway, when I finally did get around to trying it on, I was pleasantly surprised and regretted not doing so earlier. The fruity, acidic opening quickly transitions to a green, fruity-floral. There is a prominent rose note that reminds me of shampoo from the 1980s, but the overall effect is quite pleasant. The aquatic aspect of the fragrance is not salty nor drenched in melon—it is more of a dewy, mountain spring accord. The fruity aspect adds a brightness that nicely ties in with the floral notes, lifting the composition off the skin. To me, My Burberry does not (literally) smell like “an English garden after the rain”, but it successfully evokes the fantasy.

Final verdict: My Burberry is not original or groundbreaking, but the mission was accomplished by the perfumer, Francis Kurkdjian, who consistently produces simple, yet intelligent compositions for the contemporary market. I would recommend this to someone who enjoys fragrances that are “fresh” and feminine, or to fans of fruity-florals, springtime florals, and aquatic florals. I would not recommend My Burberry to the budget conscious, because there are alternatives out there for a fraction of the price.

3.5/5
29th April, 2017
Apparently, the concept behind this fragrance was that it was supposed to smell like an English garden after the rain. I actually know exactly what that smells like in reality, and I don't think this perfume captures the scent(s) very well. When you first spray it on, I actually think the top notes smell like overly ripe fruit. Not a good smell. Actually, I think this whole perfume smells too fruity for something that was supposed to be an "English Garden" scent, even in the heart of the fragrance, which I don't like that much either. I haven't been wearing this long enough to fully know what the dry down is like, and possibly the dry down and base might be okay because that's where all the actual rose scent is! (Why did they not put the rose notes in the heart? I just find that weird.) Generally, though, I don't like the whole composition and blending of notes in this one, at least not on myself. I don't really recommend this one, even for fans of fruity florals. I think there are others that are much more well done than this.
21st December, 2015
I loved it. Opens with canned pineapple and pear on me, dries down to classy bitter sweet earthy notes.

I never expected to love it so much.
16th December, 2015
It was years that I have not seen a decent release from the house till I randomly checked for My Burberry and I found it quite astonishing. This perfume blooms out so modern, yet, apparently has root in classics on 80's.

What it presents is a fresh and crispy floral, twisty, and casual smell of fruity fresh floral theme that pushes the citruses of the opening down and bring quince up plus lactonic shades of fruits.

Surprisingly, the fragrance gains even more shades of beauty once settled in the core and base. Still young and delicate as the opening, still fresh and elegant with strange fruity dimensions.

Longevity: 7/10
Projection: 5/10, try it in rainy weather.
Scent: much higher than expectations.
26th October, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The top notes are nice - bergamot with a greenish sweet pea note. The drydown spells white floral, with geranium the most evident in my skin. The base developed a light patchouli with a rose note - not bad but a tad too synthetic.

The sillage is moderate with good projection, and I get six hours of longevity. Overall quite nice but a bit too artificial to me 2.5/5
15th June, 2015
Even if I wouldn't wear it Ii like less commercial stuff) I appreciated it a lot. Elegant and confortable like a Burberry trench. With dinamism and energy that make it perfect for a urban lady. Absolutely appropriate to be worn at the office or for a job interview!
18th January, 2015

Add your review of My Burberry

Shop for My Burberry products online

Search Amazon for My Burberry

Member images of My Burberry

There are no member images of My Burberry yet. Why not be the first?