Smuggler's Soul (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseGorilla Perfume [Lush]
Parent CompanyLush

About Smuggler's Soul

Smuggler's Soul is a shared / unisex perfume by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2014

Smuggler's Soul fragrance notes

Reviews of Smuggler's Soul

A good sandalwood fragrance for summer. Never heavy - it's brimming with lemony fun on top. The vetiver is lively - not over "green". The sandal is simple and light-hearted. Not long lasting enough though. I'm glad I finally got to try a Gorilla, Lush fragrance.
23rd July, 2018
Subtle, ie not there.
12th June, 2017
It starts with a citrusy verveine-like smell that goes fast towards black pepper. There's also much sandalwood and a musky powder finish. I can smell a green flower, something like violet leaves.
I love it but I think it's a very masculine fragrance, both modern and vintage.
A strong Eau de Cologne with a big twist.
19th January, 2017 (last edited: 25th February, 2018)
I've been away from the cologne/perfume game for a while, until my brother came back from Alaska with this gem. Now I've never really been big on sandalwood fragrances, either they are to strong or smells like an elderly person but this is different. It's very fresh and musky! It smells mature but the vetiver blends in to make it fresh, I believe ages 23 and up can pull this off. I love the other safe oils they use in this, I own the one in the little tin can and will be buying a few more plus they're book on Sandalwood and they're travels to find the best quality of sandalwood and the history. 5 out of 5 I truly love this and recommend it if you love anything sandalwood, this might surprise you!
10th July, 2016
This review is for the oil version.

I have to admit, this one was a let-down. I really like Lush scents in general, and have been drooling over this (and a few others from Gorilla 3) since it was announced. In true Lush style, itís hard to come by outside of extremely limited distribution, but I was able to snag a bottle (for too much money) and see what all the fuss was about.

It opens with an almost vintage-smelling aromatic citrus ó a strong lemon verbena kind of note. This burns off fast and it shifts into a linear vetiver with some modern sharpness to it. Thereís a buttery sandalwood humming away somewhere in the background, but itís pitifully quiet. Thankfully, this isnít relying on hideous synthetic sandalwoods (no sourness), but the sandalwood that it is using is holistic at best. The end result is a slightly old-school and brisk smelling citrus / vetiver combo ó and thatís about it. It doesnít smell minimal; it smells incomplete. As a freestanding aromatic, itís average. As a sandalwood scent, itís poor. Performance is mediocre at a couple of hours, and although I still want to try Kerbside Violet (if Lush can get their distribution problems sorted), my hopes have been dashed by this one. I suspect the body spray is the better option than the perfume when it comes to Smugglerís Soul.
10th July, 2015
I just acquired the body spray and it's a delightful earhty scent. Simple, rustic, and sombre... I like it much and agree totally with Alfarom's review below.
18th June, 2015