Mosaic (2013)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About Mosaic

Made exclusively for Spruce Apothecary in Portland, Oregon.

Reviews of Mosaic

Petitgrain and bergamot show their faces at the surface while beneath lies a salty floral accord. It is a nice bitter-sweet-salty combination that will remain like this and will become softer until is gone.
22nd September, 2018
For a scent that is said in many reviews to be highly citrus, I find this to be completely pleasant - and that's saying something! I generally do not enjoy citrus in my perfume, at least not in the foreground. I found the citrus in this to be well-constructed, and I neither wanted to lick, bite nor cut off any appendages.

The best way to describe this scent is a dip in the pool, and then lazing about near, but not on the beach. This is more like a resort...a place you enjoy the view without getting sand in your pants. It's clean, and the colors are white and varying shades of blues and greens. There is, of course, a cabana boy. He brings drinks.

Later, you'll enjoy a deep tissue massage because relaxing requires a full commitment. The scent is reminiscent of Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, but it isn't a copy...more of a reflection.

I believe I'll be purchasing a bottle of this lovely sometime soon.
24th August, 2015
Mosaic opens with a burst of citrus and almost grassy secondary component, along with a minor mineral element to it. Through its evolution, the bergamot and vetiver are most apparent.

Its name is appropriate, as it has a lot of facets and doesn't necessarily fit in with other portraits. Where Cape Heartache is simpler (pine and vanilla tell most of the story), Mosaic fits less in any particular peg. I've already seen that others have reviewed it as a winter scent, furthering the notion that it goes in different directions on different skins.

The scent is not as strong as the other two Imaginary Authors fragrances I've tried (Memoirs of a Trespasser and Cape Heartache), but perhaps it's a victim of it being somewhat of a warm weather fragrance being tested in the winter. Nonetheless, its longevity is inferior, as well, to these other entries---whereas I get 12+ hours with the other two, I've managed 6 hours with Mosaic, and after that a shower almost removed the scent entirely.

This isn't a scent that I would consider buying but it might suit someone else better, someone who has a penchant for an off-the-beaten-path citrus-dominated fragrance.

7 out of 10
30th January, 2015 (last edited: 14th July, 2017)
I really feel this is most suitable for fall or even winter.

I smell Bergamot and petigrain the most with an unmistakable "grey" mineral vibe. I stress on the word "grey" because that's how the entire composition presents itself to my nose.

I can't help but imagine a bunch of bergamots laying on a wet clean sidewalk pavement on a rainy fall day.

Gloomy, sparkling, transparent...yet still somehow "grey ".

It's certainly different and i can see why it won an award as i haven't smelled anything quite like it yet, and the ingredients are certainly high quality.

Projection and longevity are moderate.

Thumbs up but with some reservations, only because it's not my style.
18th August, 2014
This one starts out very green. Then turns into a floral gem. I could see myself purchasing a bottle of this. There is also a elegant wood vibe in this one as well. Imaginary Authors is a house on the rise. 8/10
04th August, 2014

Add your review of Mosaic

Shop for Mosaic products online

Member images of Mosaic

There are no member images of Mosaic yet. Why not be the first?