Bulgari Man in Black (2014)
by Bulgari

Bulgari Man in Black information

Year of Launch2014

HouseBulgari
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Bulgari Man in Black

Bulgari Man in Black is a masculine fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2014

Bulgari Man in Black fragrance notes

Reviews of Bulgari Man in Black

The first thing I thought of when I smelled Man in Black is "department store."

The note pyramid contains some of my absolute favorite notes, except for two notes that when not put into the proper ratio can completely derail the train for me, and that would be iris and tuberose. With its boozy, pencil-shaving notes from the rum and guaiac wood, there are some similarities to Gucci pour Homme (2003), one of my favorite designer scents. The cardamom and cinnamon give this a nice, cool spice to it, and the base is a spicy oriental; well done, but not groundbreaking. I rather enjoy the entire formulation...except for the iris and tuberose. They just seem to be two vocalists in the choir who sing everything a quarter-step sharp. I'm enjoying the whole vibe of the fragrance while trying to not pay attention to the iris and tuberose. That said, as Man in Black dries down, the tuberose starts to fade (it's the note that bothers me the most), and the iris turns its volume down to an acceptable level. After thirty minutes or so, I can actually enjoy the fragrance without any real issue. Towards the end, this has an iris/vanilla-dominant odor that's "okay" at best.

Performance is good, longevity is decent, not sure about sillage. This is not a unique scent, in my opinion, but it's well-designed, and a nice option for the colder months. I see this as a date night fragrance, unless your plan is to let the people in the office think you're a lothario. This isn't a blockbuster by any stretch, but I can't really knock it as being poor. I'll give it an unenthusiastic thumbs up.
12th September, 2019
This one was interesting for me. I put it on both my wrists and my chest, and both smelled different. On the wrists I more or less got what I expected. A little rum, but not terribly boozy, and some sweetness and dark spices to go along with. On my chest though I got an interesting sweet and powdery yet sour and sharp combo that I wasn't expecting. It reminded me a bit of the USA Smarties candy. Interestingly enough, that's the same feeling I got when I tried Tom Ford's Black Orchid (which was mistakenly put in the men's section of Sephora). I'm not sure what could have caused the diverging scent profile, but both scents were interesting in their own right. Nothing truly special either way however.
25th June, 2019

It first gave me an impression of bubble gummy playfulness. This lingers, but it is better than that. There is something balsalmic in the formula that slightly alters the flavor.
Take the cardamom, leather, and tonka from Code Profumo, add in the booze from Fahrenheit EDP, a dash of MFKs medicinal fake oud, and a touch of iris. You have Man in Black.
I'm going neutral here. It is okay, but I feel like other fragrances do what it is trying to do better. Also, my grade takes into account that the others that I mentioned perform better in all facets. It is a good fragrance for the price, for sure, as all the others are more expensive.
21st February, 2019
Bought this at a duty free shop in Suvarnabhumi Airport where I was randomly testing Bulgari fragrances and this MIB immediately put a scene in my head: silk shirts and dark leather couches, good tobacco and aged whisky; I feel like there's a story with every note of this perfume.

As a girl who prefers wearing men's perfumes, I've no issues with opening but the drydown is definitely better. I always get compliments when I wear it, so now I'm on my second bottle. I'll definitely repurchase this.
22nd November, 2018
For almost a day now my daily scent. Getting nice comments on it, for example (to my secretary):"your lucky you have a boss who smells this nice..." Staying in my wardrobe.
02nd April, 2018
I like the drydown better than the opening as it becomes more like a drier, smoother version of Spicebomb. There's more character or depth in Spicebomb, more that grabs your attention, so I prefer that over MiB, but this is very nice nonetheless.

Sneaky projection because it doesn't feel like you're putting out much overall but I keep getting smells of it whether sitting or on the move.

Excellent longevity, lasts all day.
04th April, 2017 (last edited: 05th April, 2017)

Add your review of Bulgari Man in Black

Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Eau De Parfum Spray 2 oz For Men

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 11:27:16 PST
Buy It Now for only: $62.27
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bvlgari Man In Black by Bvlgari Gift Set -- Travel Size Gift Set Includes Bvlgar

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 12:33:59 PST
Buy It Now for only: $53.62
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BVLGARI MAN IN BLACK EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. (T)

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 12:48:31 PST

Bvlgari Man in Black Cologne for Men 10ml Travel EDP Spray New

End Date: Wednesday Feb-26-2020 14:48:12 PST
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bvlgari Man In Black Essence 3.4 oz eau de parfum mens cologne NEW imperfect box

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 3:42:31 PST
Buy It Now for only: $46.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bvlgari MAN IN BLACK 2.0 oz 60 ml Bulgari Men Cologne EDP Spray Brand New In Box

End Date: Thursday Feb-27-2020 7:34:44 PST