In Pursuit of Magic (2014)
by Diane Pernet

In Pursuit of Magic information

Year of Launch2014

HouseDiane Pernet

About In Pursuit of Magic

In Pursuit of Magic is a shared / unisex perfume by Diane Pernet. The scent was launched in 2014

Reviews of In Pursuit of Magic

I really like this. If you are aware of it, it smells of pod indeed. People don't recognize it at once, but I asked my co-workers if they could smell it and than they said 'oh yes, now you mention it'! There is also a very nice grapefruit in it. But some say they smell lemon. It is a love and hate fragrance I guess, some of my friends really dislike it.
18th October, 2018
My first approach with the Diane Pernet's creations is more than favorable (Shaded and Wanted are great concoctions) although In Pursuit of Magic does not fully confirm my first enthusiastic impressions. First of all this scent is something quite different than what by me expected before an accurate test on skin. I was indeed waiting to try something darkly velvety, silky-rubbery or spiritual-enigmatic while I actually catch on my skin a synthetic (yet accurately rendered) olfactory reprodution of a thick citrus grove's redolent green atmosphere. You get by soon on skin a straightforward citric turmoil, quite tart, fizzy, grassy, earthy, floral, apothecarian and bitter-sparkling. I was expecting the new Donna Karan Black Cashmere (or may be something a la Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens) while I enjoy on my skin the new Frapin Paradis Perdu (in this stage several Xerjoff a la Modoc, or Atelier Cologne a la Bois Blonde/Trefle Pur, may be Bond N.9 a la Little Italy or Byredo a la Mr. Marvelous jump vaguely on mind as well in their opening top phases for several of their characteristics). The note of mandarine is heady as supported immediately by bitter grass, woods, petitgrain, bergamot, orange flower and tangerine, green leaves, bitter green citrus shells and by a vague cedary vibe. Probably vetiver is included in the blend together with cedarwood or rosewood. Initially super-medicinal this juice smells almost realistic (at second impact, if you don't dig too much down the floor being overly exigent). Inhaling this scent it seems you are lost in to an ideally prehistoric silvan universe rich of secular immense appalling trees, bizarre creatures, sedimented omnipresent dark-green moss, brilliant streams and conical sun rays perforating the air through the (disguising the sky) huge trees as being cutting oceanic abyssess. Fizziness (green/leafy citric fizziness) is reigning throughout while I don't get a significant evolution on skin but just a general process of restraintment towards a darker (still hesperidic) pungent woodiness (seemingly rosewood) slightly spicy-piquant, tonkinian and rooty. I detect hints of fir resins, untamed wild weeds (yes freshly cut marjuana-conjuring) and may be galbanum. This stage is slight smoky; smokiness seems growing up gradually but without overwhelming the citric-woody elements or compromising the grassiness. This final phase is too "wild" for my full pleasure, probably overly "enviromental", bitter-herbal and lacking a real level of sophisticated elegance, subtle complexity or originality. All in all I'm not hoocked by this type of scents and Diane Pernet In Pursuit of Magic is nothing extraordinary or enlightening my senses. Usually this kind of juices finally unfold a vanillic or artificially leathery long tail but gratefully it does not happen in this case. Finally (over the 3th/4th hour of development) the juice becomes even darker and apparently fruity-boise with hints of something ostensibly conjuring a blackberries' presence. A pleasant darkly silvan (slightly resinous) citric aroma and nothing more under my severely injured nose.
21st June, 2016 (last edited: 23rd June, 2016)
I love this perfume. I call it the weirdo. It was too expensive but it's unique to me. I think it smells like tangerines and pot. Perhaps it's far more complex than I can describe, but that's what it is to me. I like citrus based perfumes but they don't last long. The pot is put your nose in the baggy, not of pot smoke. The funkiness of marijuana is tempered by the fresh fruit. I don't wear this at work often, but I did today and I like this little secret. It sticks to me pretty well. No one else can smell it much from a foot or two away. It's just odd enough that you don't immediately think pot. But when it's described, the response is "Oh yeah! Of course!" I love it!
03rd February, 2016

Add your review of In Pursuit of Magic

Shop for In Pursuit of Magic products online

Member images of In Pursuit of Magic

There are no member images of In Pursuit of Magic yet. Why not be the first?