Doe in the Snow (2014)

Year of Launch2014

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Doe in the Snow

The fragrance was created for 'Purveyor of Olfactory Adventures', Odette Toilette, by perfumer Sarah McCartney.

Doe in the Snow fragrance notes

Reviews of Doe in the Snow

Cool, crisp fruit on the top actually reminds me sun shining after a nice, deep snowfall; Diamond sparkles reflecting off the powdery top coating of snow. I tried this perfume last year - I didn't appreciate as much as I do now. I love it this time around. I believe all the sampling I've done in the last year as made me more aware of notes, character, and nuances.

I get a damp note, an even colder vibe as this progresses. The rose and jasmine are as one. They are flowery but, restrained. I really don't notice any woods here. I am reminded of a perfume I once tried by Regimes de Fleurs called Dove Grey.

Much later I get a gentle base. A bit mossy with a smidge of tea. A faint note of something resinous. Doe In The Snow goes on my wish list. It's very evocative.
15th January, 2019
Despite favoring warm-weather-leaning notes, 4160 Tuesdays Doe in the Snow does foster a certain crisp, sharp result that transports me to winter rather than summer, a sort of icy freshness that one usually equates with mint but in DITS it's achieved via a peculiar mix of citrus, peach, mixed florals, oak, green tea, and even leather.

With the peach and jasmine coming out a lot on my skin, it comes off a bit feminine, but I still like it. Performance is decent and at $90 for 50ml, it's on the lower end of 4160 Tuesdays' pricing. A nice scent that I'm not quite sure is for me but I'd recommend trying nonetheless as it's mostly pretty agreeable and versatile.

7 out of 10
18th September, 2018
The opening reminds me of strongly-scented bath products, shampoos and shower gels, but I also get a texture from the woods (interesting to see oak listed), and even from the fruits, such as the listed peach note.

The best elements from the opening hold on, and it develops to become smoother, softer, rounder, and more delicious.
01st August, 2017
Stardate 20170609:

I could not really break this fragrance down to its constituents. It is a great smelling floral with sweetish base. Very well blended and development is great. After a few hours it smells like Ponds Dreamflower Talc that my grandmother used.
Just great. FB worthy for sure. Just too feminine for me (perhaps the talc association).
This is how fragrances are supposed to be.
Well-blended, great development, nice smelling and affordable.
That this was made in 2014 makes IFRA restrictions a bad excuse for the state of current perfumery.
09th June, 2017
I was lucky enough to meet the perfumer Sarah McCartney at her studio in London and she told me that she created this as a wedding scent for someone who asked for "Diorella" but colder. I smelled Diorella, and then smelled this, and saw the connection. It seems quite different from 4160s other scents. I need to wear it for a while to get to know it, but for now, suffice it to say, I am enjoying the scent and the memory of meeting Sarah, who is a delightful, energetic, creative person.
17th April, 2017
Opens with a full-on yuzu, grapefruit and cedrat - a little procession of citruses. There's a lovely sharp greenness here for balance, the citruses are fresh and bright, and this scent isn't at all cold, despite the name. The snow accord gives a kind of transparency, a distance from the fragrance, like a leaf frozen below the surface of an icy puddle - you can see all the detail, but can't reach through the ice to touch it. Personally, I can't pick out a peach note, but there is a kind of fuzzy sweetness in the woody heart. The snow is quite fleeting and vanishes quickly on my skin; it's a shame it doesn't stick around longer, as it gives quite a distinct character.
Overall, it's a lovely experience to sample and unwrap the notes, which is something I've found with all of the fragrances I've tried from this house, but this particular one isn't for me.
11th March, 2017 (last edited: 24th March, 2017)

Add your review of Doe in the Snow

Member images of Doe in the Snow

There are no member images of Doe in the Snow yet. Why not be the first?