White Musk Studio: White Musk #7 (2014)
by Demeter Fragrance Library

White Musk Studio: White Musk #7 information

Year of Launch2014

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About White Musk Studio: White Musk #7

Demeter say: 'White Musk is a clean, smooth and sweet synthetic musk scent that lacks the animal elements of natural musks. These musks form the foundation of many prestige and designer scents, but White Musk has become a category of its own, with different houses developing their own tangent from the basic approach. At Demeter, we think of White Musk like a blank canvas, one that we can use to create different types of fragrance flights of fancy, all while staying true to the clean, sweet core. We have opened this Collection with three variations, with the intention of adding our experiments from time to time. White Musk # 7 is A fresh and delicate blend that speaks in whispers.'

White Musk Studio: White Musk #7 fragrance notes

Reviews of White Musk Studio: White Musk #7

rbaker Show all reviews
The bergamot with the lemon peel in the opening blast are a bit predictable in character, but soon a light patchouli adds some depth. It is a soft patchouli that lacks any harshness or rough edges. Not bad at all.

The drydown adds a herbal background, with whiffs of sage present at times.

An amber impression is growing in strength gradually at the start of the base, and now the full-fledged impression of white musks develops, with added touches of a pleasant sweetness.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and a very respectable nine hours of longevity on my skin.

This pleasant spring scent might appear generic at times, but is develops into something with a light, clean and elegant quality - surprisingly appealing. It is hyper-synthetic all right, but that is inevitable in white musks. Whilst this creation is not comparable in complexity and creativity with the best white musks some other houses have created - Tom Ford foremost comes to mind, with this one gets exactly what the name promises. Apart from TF there are few houses exploring white musks by devoting a line to it, so Demeterís effort needs to be applauded. These types of fragrance hardly ever yield breathtaking masterpieces, but as a clean, fresh and unpretentious white musk, #7 fulfills its promise. What you see is what you get. 3/5.
20th April, 2020
I get a lot of alcohol in the opening, and then something earthy, but very clean, very fresh. It's weak for longevity and sillage.

Like many Demeter fragrances, it's very oily. I think I'm going to use it as a body oil, to keep other fragrances longer.
01st August, 2017
Very pleasant synthetic musk. Not complicated at all. An easy wear, although it may leave you hungry for something dirtier. Even Khiels Musk Oil is more interesting... Useful for layering, but poor longetivity and sillage.

Edit: A year on I find I'm pregnant and my "Mum Nose" is changing my tastes. At the moment I'm being drawn to lighter and soliflore frags - this fits the bill beautifully and I'm also finding it lasting longer on my skin (something to do with hormones maybe). Anyhow, I can see this becoming a "go to" everyday scent at least until the bottle is finished.
16th January, 2015 (last edited: 19th March, 2016)

Add your review of White Musk Studio: White Musk #7

Shop for White Musk Studio: White Musk #7 products online

Member images of White Musk Studio: White Musk #7

There are no member images of White Musk Studio: White Musk #7 yet. Why not be the first?