New York Intense (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About New York Intense

New York Intense is a masculine fragrance by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia de Nicolaï

New York Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Intense

Weak and uninteresting, but undeniably well-made and nicely blended.
06th May, 2017
New York Intense is a zesty, fresh citrus and patchouli fragrance from Nicolai Parfums. The composition is a bit of an overworked common theme with the citrus and pepper accord over patchouli, vetiver or wood. The fragrance is reminiscent of Bois du Portugal, Eau Sauvage, AdP Colonia Essenza and Voyage d'Hermes to name a few. However, NYI should have no problem standing on it's own, as it's an excellent fragrance that is really just in the same genre. What stands out about NYI is the frank patchouli note. While it's not an earthy 70's patchouli, it does shape the fragrance in a more green direction, with a sweet, smokey herb tone in the later development. Excellent performance and a reasonable price for a scent of this quality. Thumbs up again for the Nicolai house.
25th February, 2016

I had reviewed New York ten years ago and hadn’t had much contact with it since. At first sniff of NY Intense, I did not seem familiar nor smell like what I remembered of the original version. So I got out my decant of the original and compared them side by side, and, low and behold, I did find similarities. New York Intense exhibits about the same citrus / spice / ambry structure but the citrus, spices, and amber accords are sharper, clearer and somewhat more aromatic than in the original. I personally find the change an improvement. A second change that I find to my liking is the underplaying of oak moss and the inclusion of patchouli in the intense version. Sometimes I am annoyed by oak moss and smelling the original New York was one of those times. A third small difference from the basic New York is that I get more of a smoky or peppery ambiance in the background of the intense scent. Finally, even though Intense has about the same sillage characteristics as the first version, it exhibits much improved longevity.

I see New York intense as a definite improvement over the original, but, in truth, I still won’t be buying – it still doesn’t sing a siren’s call to me…
17th February, 2016
Bought this off the back of reviews comparing New York Intense and New York, and having only smelled New York. It is a pure delight - regal, complex and alluring. Fits perfectly in suit and tie, or smart casual... I won't wear it in T-shirt, shorts and slippers to the beach but to each our own.

New York Intense has that same Guerlain connection, which is great, but it is its own excellent scent! If you are thinking of getting a Classic Guerlain (like Derby, Lupin, Chamade, Habit Rougue), do also consider New York and New York Intense alongside. I am personally reconsidering getting Derby since I received this.
23rd January, 2016
Beautiful citrus scent that really has class. Very fresh and zestful patchouli that comes right at you begging for attention. Future purchase indeed! 8/10
17th November, 2015 (last edited: 07th December, 2015)
A very classy and sophisticated fragrance from Nicolai. This is more similar to the vintage New York, and the stayingpower has really been inproved comparing to the present edt. A timeless classical fragrance for gentlemen. Thumbs up!
25th January, 2015