New York Intense (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About New York Intense

New York Intense is a masculine fragrance by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia de Nicolaï

New York Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of New York Intense

Really refined Gentleman's fragrance. Very French. Very old school. Think Bois Du Portugal or Eau Sauvage. Just be careful not to judge this fragrance on the initial spray. It is so overwhelming maybe bordering on brash. Once it drys down after the hour mark it steps into a league of it's own. At the 2 hour mark it is at it's very best.

8.5/10

03rd December, 2018
The first 30 minutes, like Contemporary Pour Monsieur,an overdose of pithy,bitter,citronellol creates an accord of Bug Spray.
Unlike the P.M. the combination of Herb and Spice slowly evolves into a strikingly beautiful bouquet supported by a Castoreum cushion.
Overall, it is in the vein of Bois du Portugal, Heritage and for me, a vague relationship to the Green-ness of Vintage, Vol de Nuit.
Oh and for moments an accord not unlike opening the box of fine leather shoes.
29th November, 2018
On my skin, this is a powerhouse, old-school, masculine scent that smells and feels way older than its 2014 release. Reminds me of Armani pH. Mature, refined and classy. Starts off with citrus and then dries down to a patchouli and leather scent.

Big projection and excellent longevity on my skin.
27th November, 2018
This was love at first sniff. For two and half hours I just sit swooning in the delightful open of New York Intense- everytime I wear it.

I can't think of any other scents I have tried or own that wears as plush, elegant and manly on me. I couldn't feel more centered.

Now, after first couple of hours, it does fade a bit and I'm still getting to know that part of the scent. It does last though.

If Bois du Portugal, Rive Gauche Pour Homme and Heritage are your kind of scents, you owe to yourself to try this.

It doesn't smell like them, but they all are well crafted, refined, rich gentlemanly scents that make you so glad you're a fraghead.

WoW on that open!
18th November, 2018
Fresh, bright citrus opening. A smidge of petitgrain and thyme leaves. Lavender creeps in slowly. I smell red pepper. It's too funky for me. It is actually stronger than the black pepper note. Has a sweet patchouli, cedar, and vanilla base. A touch of leather, too. I love the base of this one.

Overall, I can't pull off wearing this masculine, like some others I've tried. Though I would probably like this on a man.
12th September, 2018
Department store level fragrance, reminds me of the scent my shirts have when returned from the dry-cleaners. Although one this is right, it's intense.
28th July, 2018