Embruns (2014)

About Embruns

Embruns is a feminine perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2014

Embruns fragrance notes

Reviews of Embruns

There is one review of Embruns.
From Keiko Mecheri's own website: "A masculine composition inspired by Keiko Mecheri’s passion for her native Japan.....fresh citrus notes into a bouquet of toasted spices and marine notes, before drying down to Indonesian patchouli leaves, incense and driftwood."

Whether it's masculine or feminine I absolutely love it. This is one of my most favourite recent discoveries (along with at least a few others from Keiko Mecheri - Mullholland & Loukhoum!). It's a warm, earthy, woody and slightly sweet leather/oriental.

On my masculine skin, the yuzu quickly departs within mere minutes and the main top notes I detect are the pepper and spices. I can't detect any real 'marine' notes in the mid stages and once the spices subside, the beautiful patchouli and incense and vanilla kick in. At this stage, I am reminded (somewhat) of both Bvlgari Black and Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight in Paris. It's only a vague reminder, but there's no denying a strong and sweet vanilla and leather accord at the drydown stages.

As the sweetness mellows out, I'm left with a gentle and comforting incense. This warm and comforting scent also has a vague gentle muskiness about it.

On my skin I get excellent longevity and the sillage is just right for a fragrance of this type - it won't invade anyone's personal space but it is detectable at an arms distance for at least a few hours. I have received several positive comments from co-workers.

For me, this really comes close to an almost perfect fragrance. I will be sure to purchase a back-up bottle as soon as I can afford it.

14th July, 2017