Au Delà Narcisse (2014)

AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseBruno Fazzolari
PerfumerBruno Fazzolari

About Au Delà Narcisse

Au Delà Narcisse is a unisex perfume by Bruno Fazzolari. The scent was launched in 2014 as 'Au Delà Narcisse des Montagnes'. The name was shortened in 2016.

The fragrance is available for a short time each year.

Fazzolari says:

Au Delà - Narcisse is a classic white-floral chypre, made in the old-school way with genuine oakmoss and labdanum. The narcissus note is clear, fresh and unmistakable, and is supported by heavy doses of Egyptian jasmine and orange flower absolutes from France.

Au Delà Narcisse fragrance notes

Reviews of Au Delà Narcisse

First try of Bruno Fazzolari / Fzotic – Au Dela Narcisse, an elegant chypre that dates back to 2014 but that I’ve not yet tried yet until today, so I ordered a sample of it along with the new Corpse Reviver and Zdravetz. Once again, I love the custom sample pack directly from Fzotic—great presentation.

Au Dela Narcisse is a delight, an elegant chypre that is well-crafted, using high-quality florals (narcissus, jasmine, orange flower) and a healthy helping of oakmoss, along with bergamot and amber, to yield a really beautiful creation. It’s fresh, floral, woody, and slightly herbal in a very interesting way. It’s dense and rich but not overpowering.

As with many fragrances, it’s abundantly more elegant and balanced on skin than on paper, so I recommend trying this one out if you haven’t yet.

Au Dela Narcisse is priced on the higher side, at $145 for 30ml, no doubt due to the floral absolutes that dominate it.

I’ve a little less to say about this than usual but it’s a very nice fragrance that I’d highly recommend trying out. Zdravetz is a little lighter, so it’s a slightly easier-wear-floral than Au Dela Narcisse, but ADN is richer and I believe its payoff is greater.

8 out of 10
09th January, 2020
This is a well executed fragrance that's an interpretation of the retro floral chypre genre. The bergamot is soft, leading to notes of narcissus and jasmine. The oakmoss is there in the dry down, though not a lot of it, unlike some vintages. I do not get orange blossom or amber at any stage of development. Sad, as I think they would've added another dimension. Somewhat unisex, could be a bit femme for some; sillage and projection are soft, though duration is moderate.

My tastes are shifting away from this style of perfumes. While it's nice, you might want to shop around for Givenchy III or other vintages. It is dry, and has some green elements, but is not a 'green chypre' like Dryad. Among modern stuff that revisit the chypre style, I prefer the richer and more nuanced Chypre Palatin, or the rugged MAAI.

01st November, 2018
A crisp & bittersweet blend of crushed green leaves, earthy oakmoss & animalic florals make this a rich, full-bodied & retro-style chypre. An hour in, I smell iris & mimosa rather than narcissus. After around three hours it fades closer to the skin, & six hours in there's a soft base of oakmoss & amber. Eight hours in it's a skin scent.
I'm not usually a huge fan of oakmoss, but the skillful blending with the rich florals here won me over. It's really quite stunning, & if you love vintage chypres, you have to try this.
13th June, 2018
Wonderfully blended! Narcissus is the definite star here. The oakmoss and orange flower have a sweet, hazy marriage. The jasmine is earthy-spicy but, not "dirty". The bergamot and amber are almost incense-like on my skin, at the base. Very impressive.
01st April, 2018
Stardate 20180223:

Simply amazing classical white floral. Not too sweet nor too indolic. A balance not many have struck.
People compare it to Chanel but I think it is way better than any Chanel out there right now. Maybe we can find better floral s in vintage realm but one has to look hard.
23rd February, 2018
I like this. I am always interested in floral fragrances that can be worn by men, especially if they are a bit edgy. This fragrance starts with narcissus and bergamot and dries down to a narcissus-oakmoss combo on my skin. The floral is rich and of high quality and not sweet, but rather dry and a bit dusty, perhaps due to the oakmoss. Unisex and perhaps even leaning towards the masculine spectrum. Recommended.
10th January, 2017

Add your review of Au Delà Narcisse

Shop for Au Delà Narcisse products online

Member images of Au Delà Narcisse

There are no member images of Au Delà Narcisse yet. Why not be the first?