Rose Flash (2014)

HouseTauerville
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About Rose Flash

Andy Tauer says:

"I want ROSE flash to be experienced as a complete scent and not picked apart into individual notes and analyzed down to its bones. ROSE flash is the most luxurious rose that I have created so far. In its roll-on format, I look at it as a little gift from tauerville; a perfume for my rose loving friends. This rose is here to share the joy and fun I had in my lab exploring rose petals."

Rose Flash fragrance notes

Reviews of Rose Flash

Shycat Show all reviews
Meh.
11th September, 2018
Agony by Egon Schiele 1912
16th August, 2017
Rose Flash starts off with an accord of jammy rose and never stops, or changes much. I detect some violets, some fruity notes, a bit of sweetness, and an impression of an amber note lurking in the background. However, the jammy rose accord remains the centrepiece, and everything else floats in or out. It is very linear and persistent. On my skin it exhibits good sillage, and good duration, too.

Despite admiring the composition it is hard for me to personally enjoy it. While I love roses, the jammy character combined with the fair degree of sweetness push Rose Flash too much towards an edible rose jam rather than a personal fragrance. This is the sole reason that prevents me from a thumbs up.

If you're looking for a jammy rose on the fresh side, this one would be a strong contender.

3/5 (neutral)
25th March, 2017
This is the closest to a recommendation to buy blind I can think of, provided you like strong, jammy, multifaceted rose. Absolutely beautiful fragrance for the price. Lasts all day.
26th September, 2016
Update: Wow...I bought a roll-on bottle of Rose Flash because the sample I bought from Indie Scents was about empty. I loved the woodiness of this scent with just a hint of rose around the edges. I noticed that some were saying how much rose this frag had, and I was smelling my sample and wondering what they were talking about...well, now I know. I can't believe the difference in my original sample and the roll-on bottle I purchased. The roll-on is a massive rose fragrance, with a strong raspberry jammieness to it. It's too much rose for my taste. I'm disappointed because I absolutely loved my original sample. Now, granted, one is a spray sample and the other is a roll-on applicator, but there is NO WAY that the application process is going to change a scent this much. It is a completely different experience. I've got some from my small spray sample on one wrist, and my roll-on on my other wrist. They seem to be the opposite to me now. The spray sample is woods with a hint of rose and the roll-on is rose with a slight hint of woods...I don't know what is going on with this, but I sure wish it was the former and not the latter. I wore the roller all day, and it did settle down in the dry down a little bit, but it is still a rose centric fragrance for sure. I'm going to have to change my rating to neutral in light of this new development...makes me sad as I really loved my first experience with this fragrance.

Man o man, I love this stuff! I bought this sample for my daughter as she was looking for a nice rose fragrance, but when she put it on she came over to me and said, this smells way too masculine for me. I smelled it on her and immediately asked for the sample back, which she happily gave to me. I've been wearing it all day and my only complaint is the lack of sillage, and I wish the longevity was a bit better as well. It's still a very light skin scent, but too light for my taste. This smells to me very much of creosote bush or chaparral with a slightly sweet raspberry rose edge. I think it's a beautiful scent and I definitely want a bottle as soon as I can get my hands on one. As some have already mentioned, this fragrance does have that stick your nose into a full rose bloom lusciousness...but it's only around the edges for me, which I really like. The luscious rose sweetness comes across with that raspberry smell that a rose sort of has naturally, but the woodiness of that creosote smell is the main body of this composition to me. Creosote or Chaparral as it's sometimes called is of course a type of coniferous desert plant which is why I'm so partial to the smell. Anyway...highest recommendation from me for Rose Flash! This is a truly wonderful fragrance! Congratulations on this composition Mr. Andy Tauer!
28th June, 2016 (last edited: 20th September, 2016)
I blind bought Rose Flash, and I'm sure glad I did. This is my first Andy Tauer fragrance both trying and owning.

Rose Flash opens with a strong red, fleshy, and jammy rose. The jammy quality makes it smell a little fruity, maybe like a peach or apricot. Over the course of an hour it becomes a little smokey as an incense type note sort of binds the rose together with the vanilla base. It finishes with a soft vanilla dry down, not too sweet, and still maintains a little bit of rose into the end.

Rose is the main note here, undoubtedly. My only regret.. I wish they made a bigger bottle of this, and I wish the price was lower. Don't get me wrong, this is a great quality fragrance.. but 1 oz? I mean come on, at least give us a value option of a bigger bottle, and since we'd be wanting a bigger bottle, knock some of the price off. I do realize that there is a higher amount of fragrance oils in this one, but not $60 worth for 30 ml. This is a fragrance I know I'm gonna wear often, and I know my 1 oz bottle is gonna go fast. That's compliments to the chef so to speak. Andy Tauer made a fragrance that I look forward to wearing each time the bottle gets into my hand. I just need more of it.
10th May, 2016

Add your review of Rose Flash

Shop for Rose Flash products online

Rose Flash by Tauerville Eau De Parfum 1 oz Spray

End Date: Thursday Jan-10-2019 6:42:56 PST
Buy It Now for only: $63.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Rose Flash

There are no member images of Rose Flash yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Rose Flash