Replica At the Barber's (2014)
by Martin Margiela

Replica At the Barber's information

Year of Launch2014

HouseMartin Margiela
PerfumerLouise Turner
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Replica At the Barber's

Replica At the Barber's is a masculine fragrance by Martin Margiela. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Louise Turner

Replica At the Barber's fragrance notes

Reviews of Replica At the Barber's

This is a good clean herbal scent. It really does remind me of the smell of my skin after shaving.

The first spray reminded me of the aroma of a glass of Sprite with a bit of basil floating in it. Lemon and lime aren't listed as notes so perhaps the basil has some citrus facets. The lavender is really light and stays very close to the skin.

Silage is great for the first half hour. After that, it becomes a skin scent (a rather strong skin scent). Longevity is about 5 hours.

Overall, I'd rate this a 6.5 out of 10. I wouldn't buy a full bottle, but would definitely snag a medium decant.
08th March, 2017
This is T&H's Grafton with the volume down. Or, a milder variation of Mr Taylor's. So, yes, the barbershop vibe is definitely here, but in a more subdued form. At the Barber's is the low-key son of those fragrances. It stays close to the skin for hours. I'm not sure if it is worth the price point, though.
15th January, 2017 (last edited: 17th January, 2017)
Perhaps it was because of the difference in culture and the difference in elements found in a barbershop where i come from that made me realize that I did not like this scent. I would give this a neutral instead of a thumbs down because of that.
This reminds me of Epice Marine by Hermes on the Hermessence line in my initial contact. I grew to love Epice Marine because of its exceptional performance on colder weathers (on hotter days, it would give me headaches perhaps because of the cumin). On the other hand, At the Barber's did not evolve into an experience like Epice Marine. I tried and tried to love it because of the awesome reviews online but you gotta stick to what you prefer. This I do not.
This is based on three days of testing out of a sample obtained from Sephora.
13th November, 2016 (last edited: 15th November, 2016)
Bona fide barbershop fragrance. Doesn't show on the notes, but it seems like there is a licorice or rhubarb note in this. Nice fragrance nonetheless. The Basil note brings out a zesty zing in this one. Worth checking out. 7.5/10
29th September, 2016
Swanky Show all reviews
I agree with Erok32 that this may not be up to the price tag, but it is well made, long-lasting and different enough to merit a test drive at least.

There is some semblance of Barbasol shaving cream in this but this is sharper and near medicinal, which suits the apothecary styled bottle but, to my nose, detracts from the overall success of the fragrance. Fans of Pasha or Safari might find much to recommend in At the Barber's.
22nd March, 2016
Erok32 Show all reviews
This smells very familiar, and "At the Barber's" is definitely an accurate name. It's very lavender heavy, musky, and herbaceous. I really like this, but I'm not sure it's worth the price tag of $125 USD.
14th January, 2016

Add your review of Replica At the Barber's

Shop for Replica At the Barber's products online

Search Amazon for Replica At the Barber's

Member images of Replica At the Barber's

There are no member images of Replica At the Barber's yet. Why not be the first?