A City On Fire (2014)

Year of Launch2014

HouseImaginary Authors
PerfumerJosh Meyer

About A City On Fire

'A brilliantly dark graphic novel, A City On Fire, is the story of two match-makers.'

Reviews of A City On Fire

Loud, buttery and burning wood in the smokey opening that really doesn’t change much through the drydown.

Really good projection and decent longevity.
11th November, 2018
To me, it doesn't smell that much like a burning fire, but more of a fire that has just ended. It's probably the most smoky perfume I've tried yet. It's bitter and oily and as it progresses, aromatic and spicy notes start to appear while the smoke dials down a bit. Here is where it also gets sweet and it reminds me of the way clothes smell after I've stood a long period near a fire; like smelling up close a sweater which blends the smoke with the perfume caught from the body.
After about 3 hours, it stays close to the skin and the sweetness reaches high levels, it gets resinous and has an amber quality. I could say that it has become more wearable, but I actually liked more the extreme smoke paired with the spicy aromatic notes from the start.
02nd October, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You're making a fire with your loved ones. Logs in the fireplace for a night in, or wild branches from the woods for a campfire, or thick trunks for a huge bonfire on the farm. You're transfixed by the flames, with crickets and cicadas thrushing in the distance and the woodsmoke passing over you as the winds change. You hear the pops and crackles and chase the flying embers with your gaze. Your wife cuddles you on the couch and you can faintly smell the last moments of that berry cologne she put on that morning. Your grandparents open up some homemade berry pies over on the park bench at the campsite. Your friends and family pass around fresh berries that they picked that morning on the farm. Before you know it, it's the next day and you're waking early. You can't help but bury your nose into those warm clothes that you had fallen asleep in, and you're left smiling at the lingering woodsmoke as you remember the intimate moments from the night before. A City On Fire by Imaginary Authors.
07th February, 2018
Dr. Z. Show all reviews
Greetings

Sharp.. smoky... spicy.... thick/smoky.....did I mention smoky??

The opening "cuts" the inside of my nasal mucosa with tiny (sharp) smoky molecules.

As they (the molecules) drift beyond the cribiform plate.. they are instantly realized and assimilated by 2 olfactory bulbs ; (which are actually extensions of the brain) & are then "recognized" and "categorized" by yet another area of the brain called the stomach. ;-)

Some scents/aromas at times, beg the question- "hey...what's cookin?"

Which is exactly what I ask myself every time I wear this fragrance!

I'll tell you what's cookin...

-Mostly hotdogs (big fan)

-Cheeseburgers

-Chicken (with Saucy Suzan)

-S'mores....anything I've ever had cooked over a roaring open campfire.

As a child we camped a lot. So, the aroma of this fragrance , which is such a glorious menagerie of assorted smoky vibes ...reminds me of pork hotdogs! Lol.

Try as I might... I can't eliminate the memory of hot dogs ect.. cooking over old open campfires every time I wear this creative frag, WHICH SUCKS CUZ ITS AMAZING!!!!

To be clear, this is definitely NOT a gourmand. It's a memory thing for me... Nothing more. But I'm working on new memories.

On my skin... Very good silage and projection.. 3-4 hrs before getting closer but never a skin scent.

There is a quality in here that captivates me (hot dogs aside). It's a tad bitter. Thick. Woodsy. I'm drawn to my arm like a moth to a flame.

Even a bit of clove?? (Something in there's giving me a touch of that. Spikenard?? )

Never cloying and that's with 6-7 hours of longevity. Mind you.. I like this one from IA.. Not as much as some of the others I own...but still creative and very interesting.
Great for fans of that smoky campfire genre...

and hotdogs.

7 out of 10
11th June, 2016
This is a very interesting scent!

I love the smoke and if you are looking for a "campfire", this is truly it! While it doesn't have the longevity for me, I am excited to experiment with this as a layered scent this fall and winter!

Having tried most of the line at this point, I can say this is not comparable to my nose of any of Josh's current offerings; it truly stands on its own and I am thrilled! It has some connections to Slumberhouse's Norne and to House of Matriarch's Blackbird, but it really is its own scent - and I will more than likely purchase a full bottle.

Oh, just to add, I'm a woman...so even though this is marked "masculine", I think it can go either way - I will be sharing this with my husband, though. Sharing is caring.
08th September, 2015
I think this is the best thing Josh Meyer has done yet. I own many smokey fragrances, and this one manages to balance the line between being undeniably smokey but also nuanced enough to smell like a personal fragrance and not simply like burning wood. It's extremely wearable. Some of the other smokey fragrances I love, like Fumidus and Jeke, can be a bit challenging in their severity. This one is much more friendly and approachable. It should definitely be a must try for anyone who is interested in the smokey genre.
26th April, 2015

End Date: Tuesday Dec-11-2018 11:18:38 PST
Buy It Now for only: $40.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of A City On Fire

There are no member images of A City On Fire yet. Why not be the first?