Room 237 (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseBruno Fazzolari
PerfumerBruno Fazzolari

About Room 237

The company say: Supernatural green notes of flea bane and angelica haunt a base of oppoponax and costus root. Peculiar florals whisper together with soap and the scent of a vinyl shower curtain, laying a cold finger at the base of the spine.

Reviews of Room 237

Hmm...okay let's see. Modeler's glue...check. suntan lotion...check. Alright, there ya have it...Room 237. This is strange, but I'm sure that's what BF was going for when he created this, "Shining" fragrance. Not my thing, but there's some who might like it. As already stated, the synthetic nature is off putting and takes this into the novelty arena in my book. Neutral for me.
15th May, 2018
A fun beachy floral pretending to be an art project. 237 is a really nice mix of coconutty, slightly banana-ish ylang with minty tuberose over rum. It's got salty calone beach air and it's lightly buttery, and dries down to a mix of rich ambrox and that metallic chemical Creed uses in their big masculine releases.

The end result is a kicky tropical floral with rich undertones and a hint of aquatics in the background, like sipping a delicious rum punch on the beach wearing a fresh flower lei.

I personally think the horror movie advertising doesn't do this any favors, but I generally hate all perfume advertising, so I'll just say thumbs up for a fun Hawaiian vacation perfume and move on.
04th October, 2017
This scent is definitely not in my wheelhouse, and yet I am a fan of its wonderful weirdness. I love scents that confuse and confound, that trick the wearer into looking one way while a rabbit is pulled out of a hat. Here the sleight-of-hand includes a misleading opening that speaks of cleaning fluids and vinyl shower curtains, while also sliding notes of dirty hair and musky skin out from under its sleeve. This juxtaposition of squeaky clean soap with the unshowered, bedhead note of costus creates a fascinating dissonance that I love, but that will probably not appeal to many.

Intriguing and unusual. Definitely NOT mainstream.
03rd October, 2017
Vinyly, clean citrus.

Conceptually, it's a pretty scant connection to Kubrick's vision of Room 237 — which, to me, would smell sireneqsue followed by putrid air and disease. There's no emotion of fear in this bottle, it's a clean step out the door from a summer shower.

05th July, 2017
Bruno Fazzolari Room 237 is, like Five, clearly geared toward warm weather wearing, but unlike Five, Room 237 is deliberately synthetic and geared toward a sort of bathroom cleaner vibe, and not in a very appealing way.

Still, I'm more or less ambivalent toward Room 237, as, while there are synthetic elements to it, there are components that seem to be genuine citrus, floral, and other plants, though indistinct enough to be pretty uninteresting.

I can't see the appeal, really, even from a generic standpoint, but at the same time I don't find it unpleasant. I can't say I share the hate for it that many do, too, as it doesn't project well enough to even bring out its bad side, if it has one.

Probably not worth smelling unless you get the Portfolio Set like I did. Onto the next.

6 out of 10
05th April, 2017
I've finally gone through my official sample, with an ongoing feeling that 237 reminds me of something I already have.

On my last wear, I figured out what it is, when I sprayed them both on different arms.

Room 237 is "Breath of God" lite. BOG has much more bite to it of course, and a lot more projection, but the resemblance is certainly there.
15th March, 2017

Add your review of Room 237

Shop for Room 237 products online

Bruno Fazzolari 5 X 1.7ml: Five + Monserrat + Lampblack + Room 237 + Ummagumma

End Date: Friday Nov-9-2018 7:39:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $69.82
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Room 237

There are no member images of Room 237 yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Room 237