A Thousand Wishes (2014)

HouseBath and Body Works
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About A Thousand Wishes

A Thousand Wishes is a feminine perfume by Bath and Body Works. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

A Thousand Wishes fragrance notes

Reviews of A Thousand Wishes

There is one review of A Thousand Wishes.
I was looking for something new at B&BW the other day, and the SA suggested A Thousand Wishes. Neither the name nor the packaging particularly impressed me, but I was happy to sniff it on card. I immediately thought it smelt similar to Amber Blush as I could detect the champagne note in it. I already own Amber Blush shower gel, body spray, and lotion, and whilst I liked A Thousand Wishes well enough, I did not want to purchase something that might be essentially the same fragrance as Amber Blush.

I checked the notes for Amber Blush and A Thousand Wishes and saw that they shared some notes, most notably champagne but also amber, sandalwood, and musk. However, other notes were quiet different. Amber Blush contains raspberry, apricot, suede, mandarin orange, magnolia, star anise, gardenia, jasmine, and bergamot whilst A Thousand Wishes has none of these latter notes. The bergamot and mandarin orange in Amber Blush give it a much more citrusy top whilst the champagne gives it a good deal of fizziness throughout. A Thousand Wishes has neither the citrusy top nor the persistent fizziness of Amber Blush. Hence, whilst they are perceived as having some slight family resemblance, overall they are different enough to be distinguished from one another.

I was inspired by the promise of a creamy almond note in A Thousand Wishes as I love nutty notes, so I bought the shower gel and the body creme and tried them for the first time today. I am happy to say that A Thousand Wishes fulfilled my hope that it would be full size bottle worthy.

Whilst A Thousand Wishes is similar to Amber Blush, it is different enough to stand on its own as a unique fragrance. Firstly, it is not as strong of a fragrance as is Amber Blush. I found it is much softer, and the champagne note is not as pronounced. Unlike Amber Blush, it does not impart any "fizziness." I was pleased on the deep dry down of the body creme to pick up on a creamy almond note and a warm amber note along with a nice woody sandalwood and a hint of musk that blended perfectly with the persistent but soft champagne note. The almond note is soft but quite nice, and combined with the amber and sandalwood in the base, it makes for a very warm and snuggly fragrance.

I am happy to say I like A Thousand Wishes enough to purchase the body spray and maybe even the EdT now. It smells quite seductively sweet and alluring given the base notes, and I think it would make a very nice year round scent. I think the fruit and florals will be more noticeable during the warm weather months, and the base notes will really shine on crisp, cold days. A Thousand Wishes is very nice, and I am very surprised as I did not expect it to be this nice. I would not say it is terribly "special," but as such fruity-floral fragrances go, it is far nicer than most I have sniffed. I am so glad the SA suggested it because I probably never would have tried it had she not done.

My first tier, favourite B&BW in order are still Sensual Amber, Cashmere Glow, and Dark Kiss. The second tier includes A Thousand Wishes, Amber Blush (now retired and available on-line only), and Twilight Woods. (I would hasten to mention here, however, that Twilight Woods is totally misnamed. There is nothing woody and/or dark about it unless one considers "dark berries" enough to make a fragrance "dark." It is, however, a lovely fragrance with notes of dark berries, mimosa, apricot, frangipani, and coconut, and it also also works well year round.)

Notes for A Thousand Wishes:

Top Notes: Champagne, Carambola (Star Fruit), and Quince.

Heart Notes: Peony and Freesia.

Base Notes: Amber, Almond Creme, Sugar, Sandalwood, and Musk. (this fragrance really shines in the base notes!)

I like the dry down best. If I concentrate and inhale deeply, I am able to detect all of the base notes, and they do smell wonderful! This is a well blended fragrance. I think anyone who wears these base notes well can wear this fragrance well. As with all of my B&BW fragrances, projection, sillage, and longevity are excellent whence the matching products are layered with the body spray and/or the EdT.

Fragrance: 8.5/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 9/10
04th May, 2016

Add your review of A Thousand Wishes

Shop for A Thousand Wishes products online

Bath & Body Works ‘A Thousand Wishes’ Eau de Parfum Spray. New.

End Date: Monday May-20-2019 20:29:13 PDT

Bath & Body Works A Thousands Wishes Eau De Parfum 2.5 Fl oz. x 1

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 9:50:29 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $44.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

1 Bath & Body Works A THOUSAND WISHES Fragrance Body Mist / Spray NEW!

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 23:26:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 Bath & Body Works A THOUSAND WISHES Fragrance Body Mist / Spray NEW!

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 23:28:23 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

3 Bath & Body Works A THOUSAND WISHES Fragrance Body Mist / Spray NEW!

End Date: Wednesday May-22-2019 23:30:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Bath & Body Works A Thousand Wishes Sip, Sip, Hooray 3 piece Gift Set

End Date: Thursday May-23-2019 9:24:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $15.20
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BATH AND BODY WORK DREAM BATH SEA SALT SOAK A THOUSAND WISHES 14.5 OZ (2 PCS)

End Date: Thursday May-23-2019 9:51:55 PDT

Pick A Cologne Body Oil/Perfume Oil 1oz Plastic Bottle Scents .Listings # F-P

End Date: Saturday May-25-2019 9:52:32 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Bath and Body Works A Thousand Wishes Fine Fragrance Mist A Thousand Wishes B...

End Date: Saturday May-25-2019 19:06:11 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $15.21

Bath and Body Works A THOUSAND WISHES Eau De Parfum EDP Perfume 2.5 oz

End Date: Sunday May-26-2019 9:03:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Member images of A Thousand Wishes

There are no member images of A Thousand Wishes yet. Why not be the first?