Misia Eau de Toilette (2015)
by Chanel

Misia Eau de Toilette information

Year of Launch2015

PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Misia Eau de Toilette

Misia Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Misia Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Misia Eau de Toilette

Kotori Show all reviews
Misia EDT

Testing Misia EDT for the first time. I've sniffed the EDP. Maybe it's the difference between the EDT and the EDP, but this is not as I remember it. It's joyful! It kind of reminds me of the bubbly Rose in Miss Charming by Juliette Has a Gun. I think I could wear this! I have issues with violet as a note in general, but Iris does tame it down quite a bit. Such a great lipstick scent. I think it's what Maison Margiela's Lipstick On wants to be when it grows up.

I wonder if I could pull this off? It feels a bit like borrowing another woman's clothes... Another woman's too-chic clothes from an older era.

And there's a soprano Rose note that will probably give me a raging headache, but it's so lovely you almost want to cry. Not so facepowdery as its EDP sibling. But I think the EDP might be more wearable for me...

Regardless, it feels like wearing a real, live, still life. It smells how the illustration on the front cover of The Secret Garden looks like it would smell.

Within an hour it has calmed down to simple Iris and violet, with a much more vintage handbag vibe.
26th August, 2017
Stardate 20170731:

I smell hard candy. Jolly rancher blue raspberry. I dont know what accord is that but it has taken over everything. Something I must be hyperosmic to.
I do smell some iris and some ambery base but very faint.
31st July, 2017
It seems like every niche line has one of these violet lipstick/makeup perfumes, but Misia stands out in a crowded field as one of the best.

It goes on with violets and roses and sparkling raspberry, played out over ionone suede and chilly iris. Given time, the base warms up into a complex and notably Chanel mix of iris, fuzzy musks, warm vanilla, and subtle rich woods. It's kind of like marshmallows rolled in toasted coconut for a while, but manages to do this without smelling cheap or dumb, which is quite an accomplishment. Given hours, it ends up as a rich Chanel base deepened with almond liqueur and hints of mimosa blossom.

Most of these lipstick perfumes rely on ionones to do most of the work, ending up pleasant but largely interchangeable, while Misia's careful attention to detail and surprising nuances really make it sing in comparison. Wonderful.
02nd January, 2017
She sits at a mirror,bold lipstick colour long cigarettes,evil smiling and thinking about her intrigue for midnight rendezvous.a flirty seductive scent with an enchanting retro a high class vintage glamour lipstick with rose,violet and iris.the rose is waxy and voluptuous and not is a modern classic not overly sexy but a hint of more to come.Powdery,Floral,Elegant,Charming, Unquestionably Feminine and Utterly Sensual.

Its opening a pure violet,iris note with an aldehydic clarity that give way to the heart of luscious roses with a sweet and slightly tangy twist of peach.the powdery accords stand and surrounded by orris,tonka bean and benzoin at the base notes to awakens your desires and exudes a seductive quality that is is workable at any age or stage of life.if you feel like being charm and ultra feminine,gorgeous and sensual something like Lipstick Rose,this is your scent.

Sillage?Pretty Good.

Longevity?Great on my skin.

14th August, 2016
Misia is a very, very pretty fragrance, a soft and retro spicy rose that is smooth, sweet and captivating. It is an intimate and inviting scent that never overwhelms. Like most of Les Exclusifs, Misia has a short lifespan on my skin - it is a whisper, almost an afterthought, after two hours. I know that it performs much better for other reviewers, and I'm used to the fact (sad as it makes me) that this line fades fast for me. Nevertheless, Misia is beautiful, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves gentle, nostalgic, almost melancholy, rose and iris fragrances.
07th July, 2016
Misia had established its lipstick credentials early on, so by the time I got around to smelling it – I was in no particular hurry – I was fully expecting the pretty. And I did get the pretty. But I hadn’t been expecting the rather serious, somber orris root that tumbled out with the sweet, fruity violets and powdery rose. In truth, the iris note in Misia owes more to the sinister, root-vegetable iris in Iris Silver Mist than to the powdery face-powder of Lipstick Rose.

It was a surprise at first, but then I came to realize that Chanel would never put out a scent in the Les Exclusifs range that was all fluff and no brains – the grey-toned, rooty iris was put here to bestow gravitas. I mean, if you wanted all pink, girly fun, well, you can go to Frederic Malle (Lipstick Rose) or L’Artisan Parfumeur (Drole de Rose). This is Chanel, darling. Severe good taste must always win out over fun and fripperies.

Technically, Misia is beautiful. But it leaves me cold. I think it’s because in trying to breach the gap between the kitchy, self-indulgent fun of a proper lipstick scent and the grown-up, impeccable good taste of the Chanel iris, Misia kind of forgets to establish a clear identity of its own.

For me, it makes up part of that 10ml club I’ve got going in a box in my study – basically a box full of decants that will never make it to full bottle status. I spray Misia on, I like it, and then I completely forget about it. This is strange because I experience an emotional reaction to many of the Les Exclusifs, and I love both iris and violet. But I have to go with my gut here: Misia is good but not great. And in the pool of existing Les Exclusifs, this one is swimming in the shallow end.
18th April, 2016

Add your review of Misia Eau de Toilette

Shop for Misia Eau de Toilette products online

Search Amazon for Misia Eau de Toilette

Member images of Misia Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Misia Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?