Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo information

Year of Launch2015

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Profumo

Acqua di Giò Profumo is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Profumo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Profumo

I love Acqua di Gio but obviously, it's too common.
After reading about this, I was interested so I tried it out.
Very incense heavy, and very woody. I didn't like it.
I was hoping for a unique take on the existing AdG but instead, this one just reminds me of what's already out there, as someone mentioned, it gives off a Bleu de Chanel kinda vibe. I feel like Armani is just taking what's fashionable in perfumery right now, and adding that to their 90s fragrance.
I'm biased against heavy colognes with incense so take that into consideration.
It doesn't smell quality, as it should. On me, it smelled like one thin layer of the original AdG, and then a heavy layer of the incense and patchouli over it.
It's super strong at first, but after about two hours it calms down a bit.
When it's in its final dry down stages it's kind of nice, but not for me.

Honestly, if I wanted something relatively more modern, I'd rather go with Bleu or Dior's Sauvage.
Check it out for yourself, but I find the original to be far better as an overall scent.
06th April, 2018
Dark, smoky, modern, insanely masculine.

What I consider to be an extremely sexy and strong scent. I get zero resemblance to the original. Projects stronger than almost any fragrance I own, including Aventus, so please go easy otherwise it is very off-putting.

Winter date night home run.
27th February, 2018
The modernized AdG. Takes the original clean, masculine aquatic and adds a woody, more dark and mature scent. This makes it more appropriate for the cooler weather and date nights.

The opening is like layering AdG with a cedar-incense fragrance but blended seamlessly. Later in the drydown, the incense is still there but not as prominent.

I get really good projection and longevity. Will be cloying if over-sprayed.
29th January, 2018
The absolute standard (in my region) made even better with a slightly more intense smell and obviously being an EDP way better longevity.

This works for me even after the gym, great amount of compliments!
20th November, 2017
What a massive let down!!

This one has received rave reviews across the board and I just don't get it?? It just smells like the original ADG. But.............not as nice!!! I don't get the incense or patchouli. There is this sort of sea salt vibe running through it that I can't stand. Last's a long time on my skin but just not for me!!
07th November, 2017
Everyone knows of or has smelled the original Acqua di Gio. It was the smell of the late 90s for quite some time. Some teenagers still swear by it. A great summery aquatic.

Profumo however is Acqua di Gio for year-round, all ages, all occasions enjoyment. I first tried and bought my bottle in the spring and it went down really well. Now that the weather is getting cooler though, I really see the benefits of this one.

Acqua di Gio with ambrox as I like to call it, Profumo is for those that hated the original. Like me, I don't like smelling like everyone else, but it's definitely unique enough given what is currently out there.

Another one where 'a little goes a long way', so try not to overspray. It tends to disappear and reappear throughout the day, but I can still smell whiffs of it on me at evening shower point (usually 12hrs plus since applying).

If there is incense in the base, it has been blended very well with the sage and rosemary notes (which I love by the way), though I can't pick them out individually.

All in all, a great year-round, crowd-pleasing scent at an affordable price point if you look around a bit.
18th October, 2017