Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo information

Year of Launch2015

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Profumo

Acqua di Giò Profumo is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Profumo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Profumo

I love how Armani man fragrances always have a common blue note but are still very different from one another and from other mainstream fragrances. It’s got spices to warm the water up. Good performances.
04th November, 2018
Acqua di Gio Profumo is fantastic, one of the best mainstream releases in recent years. I don't care much for aquatics, and 90% of modern mainstream releases are a pass for me. However, Acqua di Gio Profumo is certainly an exception. It does have the DNA of the original Acqua di Gio which I like but don't love; however, it's a dark, spicy twist on that idea. There is a patchouli-incense accord here which achieves that. This results in something that is fresh but dark, and lots of depth. The other good thing here is lack of sweetness. I find sillage to be good, and duration excellent at over six hours.

Acqua di Gio Profumo, to me, is perhaps the best exhibit of the modern mainstream fresh-clean masculine genre. It has revived my interest in fresh fragrances, and more so in mainstream releases. It has also increased my respect for the prolific Alberto Morillas; I think this is his best work apart from Mugler Cologne. I find it to be quite different from Bleu de Chanel, and in my books this is what Bleu de Chanel could've been, but failed.

It's good in hot weather, but I find it even better on slightly cooler days (and nights).

05th October, 2018
While not much of a fan of original ADG, the profumo is quite good.

I put this in the same bucket as Sauvage, BDC, and Versace's Dylan Blue. But of this group, ADG Profumo is the clear winner.

First off, the atomizer on this bottle is high-tech. It is a strong blast and very easy to control.

The brightness at the onset is brilliant, the musk underneath is prominent but not overpowering. A bit more refined than BDC, more mature and sophisticated than Sauvage.

I get a solid eight hours on the skin. 10-12 on clothes. It has no problem performing.

I don't see this as an office fragrance. Rather I see it as a night out, a few buttons undone, something that attracts and then when encounters get close isn't cloying or distracting.

Scent: 9/10

Longevity: 9/10

Sillage: 9/10
18th July, 2018
Normally I hate aquatic fragrances and I really disliked AdG, but I am enjoying AdG Profumo.

The bergamot, rosemary and sage seem to "adjust" the salty aquatic note and really makes it shine. Color me impressed.

Though it smells professional, this can be worn anywhere for any occasion. Even though it is an aquatic fragrance, AdG Profumo is definitely a year-round fragrance.

A solid 9/10
Recommended
07th July, 2018 (last edited: 30th August, 2018)
I love Acqua di Gio but obviously, it's too common.
After reading about this, I was interested so I tried it out.
Very incense heavy, and very woody. I didn't like it.
I was hoping for a unique take on the existing AdG but instead, this one just reminds me of what's already out there, as someone mentioned, it gives off a Bleu de Chanel kinda vibe. I feel like Armani is just taking what's fashionable in perfumery right now, and adding that to their 90s fragrance.
I'm biased against heavy colognes with incense so take that into consideration.
It doesn't smell quality, as it should. On me, it smelled like one thin layer of the original AdG, and then a heavy layer of the incense and patchouli over it.
It's super strong at first, but after about two hours it calms down a bit.
When it's in its final dry down stages it's kind of nice, but not for me.

Honestly, if I wanted something relatively more modern, I'd rather go with Bleu or Dior's Sauvage.
Check it out for yourself, but I find the original to be far better as an overall scent.
06th April, 2018
Dark, smoky, modern, insanely masculine.

What I consider to be an extremely sexy and strong scent. I get zero resemblance to the original. Projects stronger than almost any fragrance I own, including Aventus, so please go easy otherwise it is very off-putting.

Winter date night home run.
27th February, 2018

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Profumo

Shop for Acqua di Giò Profumo products online

Acqua Di Gio Profumo GIORGIO ARMANI Gift Set 1.35 oz EDP Spray+ Coin Card Holder

End Date: Sunday Nov-18-2018 16:00:50 PST

Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo Parfum Cologne Sample for Men

End Date: Monday Nov-19-2018 6:16:20 PST
Buy It Now for only: $7.64
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Acqua Di Gio Profumo Giorgio Armani Men Cologne EDP SP 1.35 oz 40 ML NB Gift Set

End Date: Monday Nov-19-2018 8:09:57 PST
Buy It Now for only: $64.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 ARMANI CODE PROFUMO Parfum Giorgio Armani Men's Cologne Homme .04oz Sample NEW

End Date: Monday Nov-19-2018 8:23:51 PST