Acqua di Giò Profumo (2015)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo information

Year of Launch2015

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò Profumo

Acqua di Giò Profumo is a masculine fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Acqua di Giò Profumo fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Profumo

Everyone knows of or has smelled the original Acqua di Gio. It was the smell of the late 90s for quite some time. Some teenagers still swear by it. A great summery aquatic.

Profumo however is Acqua di Gio for year-round, all ages, all occasions enjoyment. I first tried and bought my bottle in the spring and it went down really well. Now that the weather is getting cooler though, I really see the benefits of this one.

Acqua di Gio with ambrox as I like to call it, Profumo is for those that hated the original. Like me, I don't like smelling like everyone else, but it's definitely unique enough given what is currently out there.

Another one where 'a little goes a long way', so try not to overspray. It tends to disappear and reappear throughout the day, but I can still smell whiffs of it on me at evening shower point (usually 12hrs plus since applying).

If there is incense in the base, it has been blended very well with the sage and rosemary notes (which I love by the way), though I can't pick them out individually.

All in all, a great year-round, crowd-pleasing scent at an affordable price point if you look around a bit.
18th October, 2017
This is the best in my collection. When I don't know which I want to wear I put this one on and bam I'm good for the whole day. Any frag house that sells frags that immediately become "skin scents" for 150+ should be ashamed, but this, however, projects and has good sillage, 10 hour longevity. Classy, casual, or work you are set with this one in your collection. Smell is citrusy but mature, sea notes, with ADG DNA. Dah best!!
02nd October, 2017
Tested this and the Special Blend at Macy's. Had lunch and an hour later, drydown on this started to get cloying while the Special Blend settled to a good scent on my skin. You can guess which one I bought.
24th September, 2017
White clouds of incense
Freed from marble's beauty by
Muses with chain saws.
21st July, 2017
Giorgio Armani's 'Acqua di Gio' is already the biggest selling fragrance ever, and here comes 'Profumo'. Simply a masterpiece. Hands down one of the best aquatic scents ever made. Far and above just about everything else out there. Nothing else really comes close to this. Even legendary fragrances like Dolce & Gabbana's 'Light Blue', Versace's 'Eau Fraiche', Perry Ellis '360 Red'. Nope. Not even close.

The initial blast is nearly identical to the original, with heavy dose of bergamot, floral and aquatic accords. This is much stronger and more masculine than the original, with some incense and patchouli in the base that really rounds this out so that its not so airy and light.

As it dries down, the patchouli and incense match to a light dose of spices and what seems to be a lemon-citrus note, smothered in bergamot and aquatic accords to great effect. It smells unbelievably amazing, is very synthetic but trust me you will not care one bit. Why?

Women go absolutely crazy over this. Compliments everywhere you go, from both men and women. Even though most people who know fragrances will immediately recognize this as Acqua di Gio, it is noticeably different the longer you wear it. The patchouli base comes out and gives this a more earthy, grounded scent.

With a liberal application of about ten sprays (neck, wrists, shoulders and chest), I am getting 12-15+ hours of longevity, with several weeks on clothes and fabrics. Projection and sillage is absolutely fantastic. People will definitely smell you without a doubt before they even see you. Your scent will linger in a room after you've left. Even with a light touch of two to four sprays, you will still get at least 8+ hours with this juice.

This is the perfect fragrance for spring and summer, with outstanding performance in high heat and even humid climates. It is never cloying or offensive, and well worth the price. Every single penny. Highly recommended, an absolute must have for anyone who is serious about fragrances.
18th June, 2017
The most complimented of all my colognes but beyond that one of the very best in my opinion. I do like the original and this is a perfected version.
20th May, 2017