Unforsaken (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseKerosene
PerfumerJohn Pegg

About Unforsaken

Unforsaken was launched by Kerosene in 2015.The perfume was created by John Pegg, who says of the fragrance:

A decadent dessert sprinkled with warm coconut shavings and topped with cool clementine slices. They will be drawn near, as vanilla cream and tonka beans envelope the air. There are times you may want to be tasted, and not forgotten, nor forsaken.

Unforsaken fragrance notes

Reviews of Unforsaken

A big & bittersweet opening composed of the juicy citrus of tangerine & clementine, paired with a sprinkling of coconut, slowly becomes sweeter & more coconutty over the first forty five minutes. As it develops, there's a creamy, lactonic note, the metallic tang of neroli, & then a delicate orange blossom underpinned with a very soft vanilla. Sadly I don't get the ginger at all. Five hours in it settles close to the skin, then after six hours I get a hint of Johnson's baby powder. The coconut returns just as it all begins to fade eleven hours in, & the base is sweet, soft & comforting.
I found the opening slightly too much on the bitter side for me, but the drydown is pleasant & pretty. I enjoyed the pairing of citrus with coconut, but as an orange blossom fragrance I still prefer Seville a l'Aube.
28th November, 2017
Explodes with jasmin and coconut, that moves into a gardenia fragrance mid which lasts 1-2 hours, definately a summer fragrance and unisex for sure, though I would lean it more towards a female scent.
After drydown the tonka bean comes in and I don't detect any musk as listed in the notes. I think I would prefer this on my wife and will have her try it.
27th May, 2015