Figuier Ardent (2015)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerRalf Schwieger
SupplierMane

About Figuier Ardent

Figuier Ardent is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ralf Schwieger

Reviews of Figuier Ardent

Very nice, smooth woody/leafy, minty green, cooling scent. Very natural and refreshing. The smell remains pretty much the same from opening to drydown.

I really like smelling this but feels more feminine. It reminds me of expensive women's hand/body lotion.

Projection is average but longevity is good.
04th February, 2018
This is the best fig leaf fragrance I've ever smelled. It goes warmly towards the fruit and spices (and I smell some lavender) instead of the usual colder, aqueous fragrances. I usually describe fig fragrances as blue or green. This one is dark purple, almost brown. Unisex. I only wish projection was better. Well worth a full bottle.
02nd May, 2017
Decent fig based fragrance with average longevity and projection. I prefer Philosykos EDP. 6.5/10
18th August, 2016
I didn't know I liked fig until I got this. The saleswoman told me "this one is more of a feminine perfume", but I fell in love with it immediately.
True, there isn't anything avant-garde about it, but it has a gorgeous green, leafy, botanical-gardens-tropical-room feel to it that I find addictive. My only complaint is its lack of staying power. But I'm okay with subtle.
09th August, 2016 (last edited: 08th August, 2016)
I kept waiting for the fig note to appear. It must be so attenuated that it escapes my notice.
This is an acceptable, dry, citrus-green scent. Those notes are good and natural-smelling.
However, given that the fig appears to be missing in action or not particularly distinctive, I can't give this more than a neutral rating.
07th August, 2016
Asha Show all reviews
Top notes : bergamot from Calabria, anise from Turkey, cardamom from Guatemala
Heart notes : fig leaf from Provence, salty fig, black pepper from Madagascar
Base notes : cedarwood from Virginia, iris from Tuscany, tonka bean from Brazil
(from ateliercologne.com)

I tried to like fig fragrances, I really did. When the now popular fig accord came out several years ago, I was at first excited by the novelty. Then I found out that this accord is extremely linear. Its constant emission of artificial fig fruit with a side of coconut becomes banal, almost to the point of torture.

I'm sorry to say that Atelier Cologne Figuier Ardent has no surprises in how I expected a fig-based fragrance to behave. On the spectrum of sweet/fruity to green/woody, Figuier Ardent tends to the green/woody side, but definitely doesn't reach the heights of Heely Eau de Figuier, which is my favorite in this category. Figuier Ardent's drydown is musky, with blended woods and a distinct soapy quality.

One thing that is attractive about the best fig fragrances is that they evoke mediterranean gardens warmed by the sun so as to release the fragrant oils of leaf, stem, wood and fruit. The downer of FA is that it does nothing of the sort--it is basically a non-descript woody cologne with fig in it. The fig lovers can keep this one.
25th June, 2016