Cedre Atlas (2015)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Cedre Atlas

Cedre Atlas is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Cedre Atlas fragrance notes

Reviews of Cedre Atlas

What do you get when you take a fresh cut piece of cedar wood, then smother it with orange sherbet? Behold, Cedre Atlas!! (I know that the note is Apricot, btw.)

Anyhow...I am a huge fan of scents that prominently feature cedar wood in their fragrance triangle (and is composed well). Gucci pour Homme II, Hanae Mori HiM, Lalique Equus, Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico....these are the scents that have been such a pleasure to wear because of the artful inclusion of cedar in the mix.

However, Cedre Atlas is a bit out there for me both in construction and price: The fruit and wood thing is just done so daringly outside of my usual expectations - without being altogether nasty - which is why I give it a neutral rating.

For a masculine scent that achieves the same fruit and cedar wood effect in a less innovative and more connectable way, I'd recommend Vintage Black by Kenneth Cole.

This fragrance is marked unisex, but I believe it can REALLY be worn to good effect on a woman.
14th April, 2017 (last edited: 05th May, 2017)
Opens with a searingly intense chemical blast, unpleasant. This reminds me exactly of the opening for Byredo Mr Marvelous, so I wasn't surprised to hear it comes from the same perfumer. The intensity of the top note blast fades as the fragrance dries down, but doesn't completely vanish. I almost wrote varnish there by accident, but now that I think of it that's exactly the impression I get.
16th September, 2016
This is an oddity to me because it seems to go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

What im talking about is sort of a sour/balsamic or vinegary type of vibe but then I also, at other times, get that Iso E Super and ambroxan smell to it and yes, Dior Sauvage does come to mind.

The way some talk about apricot, then maybe that's the acidic aroma I'm getting. What I love is the Ambroxan which within Sauvage's review I have described as a hazey type of smell.

Cedar is not the main character here.
05th September, 2016
The reviews are mixed for this one, and I understand why. A scent named "Cedre Atlas" should have cedar as a prominent note.
As others have observed, the most prominent features are apricot and amber. Neither of those are notes I particularly enjoy.
The scent is OK despite these notes: it is not sweet and some of the dry-down feature rather faint but pleasant wood and vetiver notes.
The initial phase of the apricot-amber smells just like hot buttered popcorn. That settles down into a light dry apricot note, not too fruity.
10th August, 2016
Go easy on this one, folks, 'cause she's strong.
I'm with Asha: this is heavy on the IsoE and vetiver. It has a thick, almost ink-like feel to it that is almost throaty. While it becomes tamer as time goes by, it remains on the skin well past the six hour mark.
It garnered me a few compliments, but it's not one for up close and personal environments.
09th August, 2016 (last edited: 08th August, 2016)
Asha Show all reviews
Top notes: lemon from Sicily, bergamot from Calabria, blackcurrant bud from Burgundy
Heart notes: cedarwood from Moroccan rif, jasmine from Egypt, apricot
Base notes: white amber, papyrus from India, vetiver from Haiti
(from ateliercologne.com)

Atelier Cologne Cedre Atlas will pique the interest of those who love sheer, woody, unisex fragrances. I can't say that I can distinguish the notes listed on the brand's web site. I mostly detect cedar, vetiver and IsoE Super. Still, it is better than Escentric Molecule 01 and less smoky than Lalique Encre Noir, which may appeal to a broader audience. I personally find Cedre Atlas to be boring, a bit headache inducing and somewhat harsh in the opening half. However, I love the vetiver dry down with a hint of ambery sweetness--it reminds me of a quieter TF Grey Vetiver. Definitely sample-worthy for those who are attracted to this style.
04th July, 2016

Add your review of Cedre Atlas

Shop for Cedre Atlas products online

Search Amazon for Cedre Atlas

Member images of Cedre Atlas

There are no member images of Cedre Atlas yet. Why not be the first?