Cedre Atlas (2015)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Cedre Atlas

Cedre Atlas is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Cedre Atlas fragrance notes

Reviews of Cedre Atlas

There are a number of Atelier Colognes that devolve into plain white floral / wood combos—this is definitely one of them. That in and of itself, while not interesting, is at least not awful. But there's some weird and frankly off-putting fruit that I find to be dominating in this composition. Apricot, sure—but very synthetic. The papyrus here is the same from Philtre Ceylan, which I find to be extremely scratchy and grating. And then blackcurrant—the synthetic version of which I find to be just cloying, makes its face known. Yuck.

I'm a fan of woody fragrances, but that's most certainly in the background here. It's not cedar-focused. It's a sporty men's scent, and I'm sure it is reminiscent of any 100 designer scents you might pick up. Not worth its niche pricing, not worth considering a unique composition by any means. Like any other AC, there's a big citrus opening. It lasts for all of ten minutes. The whole fragrance lasts for maybe two hours. I hated it, but at least I didn't have to stand it for too long. (3/10)
14th September, 2018
To be fair, I almost never like fruity fragrances. Having said that, the Cedar is nice, but the fruit overpowers. It smells like something from Bath and Body Works...shower gel, shampoo, room spray. Not unique enough for thumbs up.
02nd October, 2017
The simple name for this one could be Fruity Wood. The apricot note is done very nicely with the Vetiver note. Unisex fragrance that many will enjoy.
24th September, 2017
It smells like your typical men's shower gel. Blue and green... it's fresh, not bad, but nothing special.
15th August, 2017
I am a huge fan of scents that prominently feature cedar wood in their fragrance triangle (and is composed well). Gucci pour Homme II, Hanae Mori HiM, Lalique Equus, Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico....these are the scents that have been such a pleasure to wear because of the artful inclusion of cedar in the mix.

In Cedre Atlas, the fruit and wood thing is done so daringly outside of my usual expectations, but without being cloying. It is smooth, woody, with hints of floral greenness (jasmine is buried inside so deeply, I couldn't really detect it) and spice with a pungence that makes sense - given the involvement of notes like black currant, lemon, bergamot and apricot. Those blend so well with the cedar, ultimately creating a wearable fragrance that both men and women can enjoy.

Solid outing from Atelier Cologne, worth a try.
14th April, 2017 (last edited: 06th April, 2018)
Opens with a searingly intense chemical blast, unpleasant. This reminds me exactly of the opening for Byredo Mr Marvelous, so I wasn't surprised to hear it comes from the same perfumer. The intensity of the top note blast fades as the fragrance dries down, but doesn't completely vanish. I almost wrote varnish there by accident, but now that I think of it that's exactly the impression I get.
16th September, 2016

Add your review of Cedre Atlas

Shop for Cedre Atlas products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Cedre Atlas

There are no member images of Cedre Atlas yet. Why not be the first?