Cedre Atlas (2015)

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette
SupplierRobertet

About Cedre Atlas

Cedre Atlas is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Cedre Atlas fragrance notes

Reviews of Cedre Atlas

To be fair, I almost never like fruity fragrances. Having said that, the Cedar is nice, but the fruit overpowers. It smells like something from Bath and Body Works...shower gel, shampoo, room spray. Not unique enough for thumbs up.
02nd October, 2017
The simple name for this one could be Fruity Wood. The apricot note is done very nicely with the Vetiver note. Unisex fragrance that many will enjoy.
24th September, 2017
It smells like your typical men's shower gel. Blue and green... it's fresh, not bad, but nothing special.
15th August, 2017
What do you get when you take a fresh cut piece of cedar wood, then smother it with orange sherbet? Behold, Cedre Atlas!! (I know that the note is Apricot, btw.)

Anyhow...I am a huge fan of scents that prominently feature cedar wood in their fragrance triangle (and is composed well). Gucci pour Homme II, Hanae Mori HiM, Lalique Equus, Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico....these are the scents that have been such a pleasure to wear because of the artful inclusion of cedar in the mix.

However, Cedre Atlas is a bit out there for me both in construction and price: The fruit and wood thing is just done so daringly outside of my usual expectations - without being altogether nasty - which is why I give it a neutral rating.

For a masculine scent that achieves the same fruit and cedar wood effect in a less innovative and more connectable way, I'd recommend Vintage Black by Kenneth Cole.

This fragrance is marked unisex, but I believe it can REALLY be worn to good effect on a woman.
14th April, 2017 (last edited: 05th May, 2017)
Opens with a searingly intense chemical blast, unpleasant. This reminds me exactly of the opening for Byredo Mr Marvelous, so I wasn't surprised to hear it comes from the same perfumer. The intensity of the top note blast fades as the fragrance dries down, but doesn't completely vanish. I almost wrote varnish there by accident, but now that I think of it that's exactly the impression I get.
16th September, 2016
This is an oddity to me because it seems to go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

What im talking about is sort of a sour/balsamic or vinegary type of vibe but then I also, at other times, get that Iso E Super and ambroxan smell to it and yes, Dior Sauvage does come to mind.

The way some talk about apricot, then maybe that's the acidic aroma I'm getting. What I love is the Ambroxan which within Sauvage's review I have described as a hazey type of smell.

Cedar is not the main character here.
05th September, 2016

Add your review of Cedre Atlas

Shop for Cedre Atlas products online

Search Amazon for Cedre Atlas

Member images of Cedre Atlas

There are no member images of Cedre Atlas yet. Why not be the first?