Boss Bottled Intense (2015)
by Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense information

Year of Launch2015

HouseHugo Boss

About Boss Bottled Intense

Boss Bottled Intense is a masculine fragrance by Hugo Boss. The scent was launched in 2015

Boss Bottled Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Boss Bottled Intense

Darnit man! I have been and still remain a big fan of the Boss Bottled #6 fragrance for as long as I can remember. This intense flanker certainly intensifies the qualities I love of the original: Vanilla, apple, bergamot, sandal and cedarwood. I must admit, the Boss Bottled original and this one aren't for everyone; it tends to lean towards the 20 to 30 something crowd (I'm in my 40's), but nonetheless it is a classic, youthful gourmand scent that I'll never grow tired of, whatever the intensity. ;^>

[updated review....Boss Bottle EdP]

THIS is the formulation of Boss Bottled that I’ve longed to have for many years: Intense and durable, bold in expression of its lovely vanilla, orange and apple notes which were present in Boss Bottled Intense EdT, yet longer lasting.

The EdP version is the one that I prefer now over the original and the Intense EdP outings. Hats off to Hugo Boss for finally getting this living legend in a form that is worthy of the name!
30th November, 2016 (last edited: 13th March, 2017)
I ran out of my original Boss Bottled, so I decided to try this one. They didn't have a tester, so I just blind bought it since everyone claims it is very similar to the original.

Upon initial spray, I was reminded of "One Million" because of the bubble gum smell. While for others that might be a good thing, I hate one million. Despite the interesting opening, it does dry down very closely to original Boss Bottled. This one last longer, and it is more interesting (despite not liking the initial one million smell).

I gave this 4 stars, but now that I have the dry down, I might give it 5. I'll give it a couple wears and decide.
03rd July, 2016
Where to start....
There is no doubt in my mind that this was launched just to make some money since the original has followers. The jus is very much like the original but with the vanilla/cedar amped up while the crispness dialed back a bit. So it is a stronger version of the original, but it is not interesting. I guess Boss is a little gun-shy considering the rest of the flankers have not been run away successes like the original.

I think the Oud version is the one to watch out for. I haven't tried that but will report as soon as I do. As fr the Intense version it is like buying the original but smelling it for the first time...if that makes any sense.
24th August, 2015
I really tried to like this. It smells so fruity and wonderful when first sprayed. I get the geranium after 20-30 minutes or so. AND THEN... It settles into this really awful burnt metallic vanilla/cinnamon scent. Really a shame, this had all the makes of something special.
14th August, 2015
I never cared for the original Bottled because it felt somehow too fruity. Instead this Intense version was love at the first sniff. I'm also getting boosted woody twist, also in the top and middle notes a bit more edge than in the original Bottled. To my nose this does not smell as sweet and fruity than original, and that's probably why I like this so much. This is denser, a bit darker (both color and feel). Absolutely gorgeous drydown and great longevity!
06th August, 2015
So, the reason I'm rating this thumb up is that it's a good juice. Why I'd rate neutral or maybe even thumb down? It's the same juice like the EDT, only a little deeper colour of juice in the bottle.

But before we go all bash-bash on it, Boss Bottled Intense IS a bit more dense and refined than the EDT, at least to a bit more experienced nose. Albeit myself being somewhat experienced after years of sniffing and collecting, the difference is not that big between the EDT and Intense version that I would buy the Intense version.

Intense version is quite more soft and more woody than the original version, however not louder or more potent. In fact I dare say that the old 1998. EDT projects more although it doesn't outlast the Intense version.

All in all, great but same juice with just a little twist. I think that there'll be people who'll find something quite more in this than me. As for myself, already owning the original EDT version, I see no need to complement it with the Intense version, but would buy this one after finishing the bottle of the 1st version.

Originality 0/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 7/10
12th April, 2015 (last edited: 16th April, 2015)

Add your review of Boss Bottled Intense