Kiste (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Kiste

Kiste is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Kiste

I seldom find perfumes nauseating, but this one comes very close. It is the artificial plastic sweetness that turns Kiste into a cherry cough syrup-Yankee Candle sort of mess that my six-year old niece might find interesting. Thick, heavy, and way too sticky sweet...urghhh. Like Pear & Olive, there is something almost oleaginous about this that makes me flinch and then head for the shower.

I am sad about this because I still have yet to find a Slumberhouse that I can love (or even like). Norne is pretty gorgeous, but I simply don't want to smell like a pine tree forest very often. New Sibet was somewhat interesting and Sixes & Sevens came even closer to something I might want to wear, but even that one felt a bit heavy-handed in its treatment of cumin. I would love to see Josh get a bit more abstract in his vision and a bit less literal in his execution.
01st November, 2018
70's head-shop smells. Boozy, jammy peach. Dad's pipe tobacco on a Saturday night. The neighbor's haymow odors, from a childhood memory. A roasted nut, buttery pie crust accord. Warm. Down to earth.

I swear I smell sweet basil or some other kitchen herb here. This "thing" elicits curse words aloud, it's so damn good.

Patchouli, way underneath, as time moves along. Wish I'd discovered this years ago...
27th October, 2018
As I write this, a bowl of peaches—probably the last of the summer—sits behind me, ripening on the kitchen counter. That earthy, sweet, rich fragrance is all here in Kiste—not one element of the listed notes is neglected or out of place. This is a sticky sweet peach and tobacco scent, thick and heavy but a little dark and deep, especially as it ages on the skin. As others have mentioned, it seems perfect for the waning days of summer and into fall, with its burning, shimmering amber hue. It's a little melancholic, but still sensuous.

There's a moment of unpleasant booziness in the very beginning, but it does fade after a bit, for which I'm thankful. I usually spray my chest, and as such the scent clings to my shirt (I'd never risk spraying any Slumberhouse directly on clothing... seems like you're asking for a stain). On skin, this develops into a soft patchouli, but where it lingers on fabric it retains its peach brightness for much longer.

I had been trying to decide between Baque and Kiste and in the end I decided to buy both... Not my most frugal decision, but not one I regret, either. To spend just a moment to discuss their differences, since their descriptions share a lot in common (tobacco, stone fruit). Baque is even more tobacco-forward, and a lot richer—the vanilla replaces the honey and really amps up its cedarwood backbone. Its fruity but not as intensely so as Kiste—apricot being a bit more subdued than peach anyway. Texturally, its fitting, though, as the salty-dry drydown of Baque's ambergris makes it a more savory affair. In full disclosure, I prefer Baque, but they're both amazing and beautiful compositions, and very different from one another. My bottle of Kiste will not go neglected. (8.5/10)
09th September, 2018
Not a big fan of gourmands , but this a whole different animal...love this...all that can be said about this has already been said...southern hospitality at it's finest...hot peach cobbler...peach flavored honeyed tobacco leaf...smoky sweet tea...peach schnapps...a little touch of widflowers...a general resemblance to the framework and effect of TF TV...some dark rough patch background...big fan of tobacco fragrances and this be a winner in my book...definitely would get a lot of olfactory satisfaction and enjoyment wearing this...
09th April, 2018
Quarry Show all reviews
Bananamberama. Kind of nauseating to me. That may be the honey note.
28th October, 2017
It just clicked. I came home, sat in front of my computer and tried on this sample for the 3rd time maybe. At first I couldn't figure out what this frag smelled like but now I have it... this frag is very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There is no other way for me to describe this one but to call it how I smell it. If you like TF's TV then you will like this. If you have TF's TV then you aren't missing anything in this Kiste by Slumberhouse. I hope this helps.
07th October, 2017

Add your review of Kiste

Shop for Kiste products online

Slumberhouse Kiste PURE PERFUME NEW 2 ML DECANT BEAUTIFUL PEACHES!!!

End Date: Wednesday Dec-19-2018 23:29:50 PST
Buy It Now for only: $35.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Slumberhouse Kiste 2ml Spray Sample – *Read Description*

End Date: Friday Dec-21-2018 15:45:07 PST
Buy It Now for only: $26.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Kiste

There are no member images of Kiste yet. Why not be the first?