Kiste (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseSlumberhouse
PerfumerJosh Lobb

About Kiste

Kiste is a shared / unisex perfume by Slumberhouse. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Josh Lobb

Reviews of Kiste

As I write this, a bowl of peaches—probably the last of the summer—sits behind me, ripening on the kitchen counter. That earthy, sweet, rich fragrance is all here in Kiste—not one element of the listed notes is neglected or out of place. This is a sticky sweet peach and tobacco scent, thick and heavy but a little dark and deep, especially as it ages on the skin. As others have mentioned, it seems perfect for the waning days of summer and into fall, with its burning, shimmering amber hue. It's a little melancholic, but still sensuous.

There's a moment of unpleasant booziness in the very beginning, but it does fade after a bit, for which I'm thankful. I usually spray my chest, and as such the scent clings to my shirt (I'd never risk spraying any Slumberhouse directly on clothing... seems like you're asking for a stain). On skin, this develops into a soft patchouli, but where it lingers on fabric it retains its peach brightness for much longer.

I had been trying to decide between Baque and Kiste and in the end I decided to buy both... Not my most frugal decision, but not one I regret, either. To spend just a moment to discuss their differences, since their descriptions share a lot in common (tobacco, stone fruit). Baque is even more tobacco-forward, and a lot richer—the vanilla replaces the honey and really amps up its cedarwood backbone. Its fruity but not as intensely so as Kiste—apricot being a bit more subdued than peach anyway. Texturally, its fitting, though, as the salty-dry drydown of Baque's ambergris makes it a more savory affair. In full disclosure, I prefer Baque, but they're both amazing and beautiful compositions, and very different from one another. My bottle of Kiste will not go neglected. (8.5/10)
09th September, 2018
Not a big fan of gourmands , but this a whole different animal...love this...all that can be said about this has already been said...southern hospitality at it's finest...hot peach cobbler...peach flavored honeyed tobacco leaf...smoky sweet tea...peach schnapps...a little touch of widflowers...a general resemblance to the framework and effect of TF TV...some dark rough patch background...big fan of tobacco fragrances and this be a winner in my book...definitely would get a lot of olfactory satisfaction and enjoyment wearing this...
09th April, 2018
Quarry Show all reviews
Bananamberama. Kind of nauseating to me. That may be the honey note.
28th October, 2017
It just clicked. I came home, sat in front of my computer and tried on this sample for the 3rd time maybe. At first I couldn't figure out what this frag smelled like but now I have it... this frag is very similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. There is no other way for me to describe this one but to call it how I smell it. If you like TF's TV then you will like this. If you have TF's TV then you aren't missing anything in this Kiste by Slumberhouse. I hope this helps.
07th October, 2017
I've worn Gin, Cognac, and Bourbon over the last three days as I've worn Royal Mayfair, Pear & Olive, and Kiste. All three fragrances are fantastic! I was just bemused by the fact that all three of them had alcoholic beverages in their compositions. Kiste is another wonderful accord from Josh Lobb and Slumberhouse. I'm becoming more and more a fan of his unusual works. This one definitely has the boozy quality of bourbon, along with many other fabulous notes that are juxtaposed just right to create a wonderful fragrance that wafts up in enjoyable waves throughout the wear. Sillage was about 5.5 hours and I'm now 8.5 hours in, and the longevity is still going strong. Another Slumberhouse product on my must have list. The nice thing about wearing alcoholic beverages instead of ingesting them, is that I can drive without a designated driver, and still get the enjoyment out of them. Thumbs up!
15th March, 2017 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)
Another fascinating entry from the house of Slumberhouse, Kiste is a concoction dominated by tobacco, whiskey, and most of all, peach. My goodness, how much peach there is--I'd almost forewarn that if you're not a fan of peach, this might not be for you, as I did find the dominance of the peach to be a bit overwhelming for me, a non-peach-lover.

Still, there's certainly more to it than just the peach, as the tobacco, whiskey, honey, and patchouli create a sweet, boozy, slightly earthy blend. Neither the tobacco nor the patchouli outshine the sweet and boozy elements, though, which for me always remain center stage, and not in a shallow Peach Schnapps sense, but in a richer blend, and this remains relatively consistent throughout its life.

At its extrait Slumberhouse concentration, Kiste follows suit with the house's other fragrances in offering great performance, though not quite as beastly as Norne, Jeke, or Ore. Still, lovers of Kiste will not be disappointed with its performance, even at pricing of $160 for 30ml.

7 out of 10
25th August, 2016

Add your review of Kiste

Shop for Kiste products online

Member images of Kiste

There are no member images of Kiste yet. Why not be the first?