Wald (2015)

Year of Launch2015

HouseEuphorium Brooklyn
PerfumerStephen Dirkes

About Wald

Wald is a shared / unisex perfume by Euphorium Brooklyn. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Stephen Dirkes

Reviews of Wald

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is a sensational green herbal mix, with artemisia, fern and grass combine with artemisia to a delicious rendering that reminds me of Grüne Sosse with hints of sauce verte. After a while it turns darker and more forest-like, with nutmeg, fir and cedar mixing with the previous green notes, evoking walks in a forest in spring. Less dark than Bogner's Deep Forest and without the depth and booziness of Dunhill's Blend 30, this phase again is magnificent also.

After this stage a honeyed fruity impression develops but soon gives way to the wood notes, with a rather attenuated mossy aroma being gradually overshadowed by an emerging and a bit less dampened and not very sharp oud; the latter is all right but neither particularly exciting or convincing. Towards the end things become a bit more interesting with a pleasant, fairly smooth and restrained leathery impression joining the ring, and this end is differentiated enough to make the last hour or so a worthwhile experience.

The sillage is moderate, the projection excellent and the longevity an astounding fourteen hours on my skin.

Although the are phases in the drydown that are a bit less exciting, in toto this is a delicious herb-forest-leather composition, made of high quality ingredients superbly blended and developing very convincingly. 3.75/5.
27th March, 2016
I agree with much of what Odysseusm wrote about the phases, but I get more rubber/aggarwood/oud in my sample, and it overwhelms the rest of the scent.

I think if you like Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, you may like this. The leather I do smell, is rather similar.

Since these come in 15 and 30 ml bottles, and the price point is pretty reasonable, it's a good buy in my opinion...if you like the scent.

The other two in this group (Cilice and Usar) are really more up my alley. I plan to purchase both in the 15 ml bottles.
03rd December, 2015
This is wonderful. The best green forest scent to come down the pike since Norne. I agree totally with odysseum's review, except that, for me, it's big-time FBW. One of my favorite releases of the last couple of years. This is a house to watch.
25th November, 2015
This is an intriguing and very complex scent. I note different things in it each time I try it. I don't find it bottle-worthy, but that is a matter of my personal taste. It is an attractive and well-crafted scent.
The juice is a brilliant emerald green, and has a viscous quality (at least that is the case for what's in the little sample vial).
I find three different phases.
1. Woodsy, coniferous, forest-floor. A dark green scent to match the colour of the juice. Mint and conifer notes, even something like eucalyptus. Rather camphoraceous. Frankincense-green and resinous. Ahhh, if the scent would only stay at this phase I'd be delighted.
2. Gradually the scent shifts. First, the brisk notes smooth out. Complex and shifting notes emerge, like a Kaleidoscope. Artemesia (nutty celery leaf, minty). Maple syrup (a bit rich and honeyed). Cool notes, slightly sweet and earthy.
3. The scent settles into a smoky-leather foundation. Somewhat animalic, a bit macho or at least very self-assured. A beautiful leather-smoke note, reminding me of Dior's Jules. And here is my challenge. I can appreciate the chord, but I am not suited to leather scents. I grow tired of them and they don't suit me.
Still, there is much to appreciate here.
23rd April, 2015

Add your review of Wald

Shop for Wald products online

Member images of Wald

There are no member images of Wald yet. Why not be the first?