Fève Délicieuse (2015)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fève Délicieuse

Fève Délicieuse is a shared / unisex perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Fève Délicieuse fragrance notes

Reviews of Fève Délicieuse

Wonderful creamy rich vanilla scent with excellent performance. Unisex not feminine leaning IMO. 10 out of 10
26th July, 2017
Delicious. When spraying, you get a strong vanilla with milk chocolate. Then the tonka goes bitter and something a bit balsamic appears (I dislike this part). The dry down is all about pralines.
Good tonka. Only if you've got a sweet tooth... nose !
14th April, 2017 (last edited: 29th April, 2017)
Must be the pralines that I'm smelling because this reminds me of being in a cosmetics store with one of those German nut kiosks you see in the mall, directly in front of the store. That describes the drydown so I will go backwards now into the opening which was excellent, with gourmand notes blended so well it was almost like a boozy caramel drink.

Performance is good with long-lasting projection that isn't beastly nor does it get cloying even with the very sweet notes. I like this okay on my skin but it might be better on a female.
13th March, 2017
I was hoping for something more gourmandish than this. It is foremost, to my nose, a powder bomb of sweetness. Thankfully this is not headache inducing (as of yet), but just seems a bit over down towards the feminine powdery side of things. On paper it honestly smells like (and I am not kidding in the least) a clean baby with a new diaper and baby powder all wrapped in one. On skin it is over the top never ending sweet powder. For the price I would TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! I got a decant, of an ounce, for a nice price (thanks Dave from the FragranceBros). After further review I find this to be a muskless version of L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis.
14th December, 2016
Dior Feve Delicieuse is among the most highly-regarded and hyped of the recent Dior Privee releases as well as high-end gourmand releases in general, so for me, a lover of gourmands, it was very highly-anticipated.

I first smelled Feve Delicieuse about nine months ago while smelling a bunch of high-end scents in basement of Bergdorf Goodman in NYC, and I recall not being all that impressed by it---it just smelled "off" to the point that I could "take it over leave it"---and in the meantime I became acquainted with, fell in love with, and ultimately purchased the discontinued Dior Privee gourmand masterpiece Mitzah, so coming back to Feve Delicieuse to finally try it out on skin after not liking it the first time (and finding its superior older sibling in the meantime) was going to be a bit of a challenge.

However, testing it out for real, on skin, reveals to me that Feve Delicieuse does offer something truly special as many have pointed out to this time. It's a tonka-dominant fragrance but not a tonka bomb along the lines of Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, though as many before me, I do find that there's a relevant comparison between Feve Delicieuse and Tonka Imperiale. Stll, it's fair to say (again, to echo many others) that Feve Delicieuse is an interesting blend of many accords, not just tonka, such as lavender, caramel, cinnamon, praline, chocolate, and vanilla. I'm not sure I sense many of these distinctly except for lavender (which is fairly unique) and vanilla, but it's possible that the blend is so good that the multitude of notes (I see more than a dozen listed in most sources) is undetectable to unrefined noses like mine.

In summary, the blend is strong--powdery, but mostly a sweet, nutty experience that's both sharp and smooth simultaneously, and rather odd in that respect, not something I would've anticipated ultimately liking.

Feve Delicieuse is still not as good as Mitzah, and perhaps they're different enough that I shouldn't make the comparison, but to me they're the only two gourmands of the Privee line (am I forgetting one?) so the comparison begs to be made at times.

However, Feve Delicieuse is very strong in its own right and I can finally (finally!) see how others like it so much. I'll probably need to sample it more in cold weather but to truly appreciate its performance but for now it's a bomb, very strong in terms of both longevity and projection, and is officially part of the list of Dior Privee fragrances I'd contemplating buying, like Ambre Nuit and Oud Ispahan, though I've many more to try.

9 out of 10
01st August, 2016 (last edited: 01st January, 2017)
Terribly underwhelmed by this one… Not a bad scent but definitely not as great as the majority of the reviews...
03rd April, 2016