La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles (2015)
by Pierre Guillaume

La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles information

Year of Launch2015

HousePierre Guillaume
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles

La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles is a shared / unisex perfume by Pierre Guillaume. The scent was launched in 2015 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles fragrance notes

Reviews of La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles

I thought I would love it. There's not a note I dislike. Yet, I can't even discernate any of them. It's just like a random mix. Very faint. Not lasting at all. Supermarket-like generic...
25th March, 2017
The list of tropical, beachy notes for this one made me sure I'd love it, but I should have heeded the reviews here. Every single one of them is negative, with good reason. It really is truly horrifying: synthetic, sickly & saccharine. It opens with a marine accord (listed as "warm sand") that smells ok from a distance, but up close the plumeria note lends it a vaguely fruity, almost nauseating edge that just doesn't fit. As the scent progresses, there's a faint hint of spices, then ginger lily & a grassy note. Ninety minutes in it finally becomes more creamy & coconutty, but remains very artificial-smelling & sickly-sweet throughout. I totally get the other reviewers' associations with functional fragrances. It settles very close around four hours in, & it's fading out at the seven-hour mark when I decide to apply something else.
A huge disappointment this, coming as it does from the same nose that created scents like L'Ombre Fauve. How could this have happened?? Monsieur Guillame should be thoroughly ashamed of this travesty, & discontinue it forthwith.
06th September, 2016
This opens with a ghastly chemical blast that burns your nose and makes you seriously question why you blindly trust these total strangers with your sensory apparatus. After all, there could be anything in these bottles we so blithely spray in our faces and on our skin.

Anyway, I wish this were just white flowers and Monoi. (I'm perhaps *that* Texan lady with a thing for France who loves a good suntan floral from time to time.) But I do expect more than that from the prodigiously gifted Mssr. Guillaume. Did the guy who made the beloved Cozé, my sublime Felanila, and the kooky but evocative Cuir Venenum really cook this up? I would love to hear what he has to say about it.

29th August, 2016
I really wanted to like this, and on paper I should have. I'm on a real beachy/sea and ocean fragrance kick lately. But the opening minute is awful, then it settles down into a feather light white flower nonsense. I've had more interesting and powerful deodorants than this.
14th December, 2015
I had to scrub this off. It began with a soft, white flower/Lily accord, but quickly became synthetic in nature. This smells of a gift shop on a Caribbean cruise. To top it off, it’s taking quite the effort to get it off!
08th November, 2015
I've always considered the "yet classic" Kenzo Pour Homme a quite original take on the woodsy-ozonic theme and I still outline it, anyway...this Pierre Guillaume's Paris Seycelles seems to be (at least along its "front side", just before to deflect towards a ridiculously tropical-synthetic grassy/coconutty/syrupy-floral stuff) the closest "thing" to Kenzo Pour Homme I've ever smelled (despite this fragrance is still far to be considered such a Kenzo Pour Homme's twin or clone). A top blast of galbanum/labdanum, salty notes, fruity notes, floral notes (lily of the valley, tuberose and jasmine in particular), fir balsam, spices and a Kenzo Pour Homme's flashback activates my olfactive synapses. The effect is anyway fleeting since while Kenzo settles on a sort of aromatic-woodsy dimension surrounded by a "salt-seaweeds driven aura", Paris Seycelles morphs down in to a sort of aromachemical-based warm/plastic fruitiness longly kind of lactonic/xerox toner-like and more than vaguely acid and grassy. It takes a while before a more tamed sort of soapy-floral dimension starts performing its balmy-greenish overly-synthetic effect. It seems to detect a sort of ylang-ylang's presence all around. Unfortunately I tend to dislike all these sort of sultry-soapy experiments, even more if fruitiness (kind of peachy in this case) is intrusive and the floral presence is kind of "saccharin" (as in this case). The floral dry down smells like a syrupy sort of tuberose/jasmine/musk/orange dominant accord (with ylang-ylang's traces) vaguely (but in a far worse way) a la Bruno Acampora Blu. Not for me despite I appreciate generally Pierre Guillaume, especially in its earlier performances for Parfumerie Generale (Intrigant Patchouli, Coze 02, Aomassai 10, Harmatan Noir, L'Ombre Fauve).
28th August, 2015 (last edited: 17th December, 2015)

Add your review of La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles

Shop for La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles products online

Member images of La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles

There are no member images of La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to La Collection Croisière : Paris Seychelles